Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Burton Albion | Tues 23rd Feb | 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Chunes said:
    Really not working out for Gilbey is it. Was supposed to be making a comeback and raring to go.
    And taken a large part of the salary budget
    Wasn’t he signed under the embargo and when the salary cap was in force , no way would we make that mistake 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Chunes said:
    Really not working out for Gilbey is it. Was supposed to be making a comeback and raring to go.
    And taken a large part of the salary budget
    Wasn’t he signed under the embargo and when the salary cap was in force , no way would we make that mistake 
    He was signed before the cap came into force, alongside Washington. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Like I've said before, I always feel Burton play good stuff against us and I always wonder why they are so far down, don't see Tuesday being any different

I reckon 1-1 or 2-2 
    They are bottom of the table because they are not very good.
    They are bottom of the table because under their previous manager they were rubbish
    Under the returning JFH, they've become a more solid and organised side, hence their recent form is better than ours. 

JFH was appointed in January. Since then they've got 3 wins in their last 5 matches, versus 2 wins in their previous 22 matches
  • Options
    it may have been to do with the embargo at that time
  • Options
    my man just said that we wouldn't have enough to fill the rest of the squad
  • Options
    i did post at the time somewhere on here
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    it may have been to do with the embargo at that time
    We were definitely under embargo, you're right. So it must have had approval from Sandgaard or gifted finances to allow them to be signed. 
  • Options
    possibly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Like I've said before, I always feel Burton play good stuff against us and I always wonder why they are so far down, don't see Tuesday being any different

I reckon 1-1 or 2-2 
    They are bottom of the table because under their previous manager they were rubbish
    Under the returning JFH, they've become a more solid and organised side, hence their recent form is better than ours. 

JFH was appointed in January. Since then they've got 3 wins in their last 5 matches, versus 2 wins in their previous 22 matches
    Wait are you saying that the manager changing may bring about a change in results?

So bringing in JFH would be an improvement?

Not for me.
  • Options
    I wouldn't want JFH either but you cannot deny he has stemmed the rot there.
  • Options
    I honestly dont know it will go as we are so up and down (mostly down) so predicting anything is a tad difficult!

Just want more application from the team & a desire to actually win and take the game to an opposition.

We dont look like a confident team at all and I really think teams in any position in the table will look at us and think they can win.

Naturally I hope I am proven wrong and we give them a hiding but I cant see it. 

• Options
    Great preview FA.

My line up would be as follows, seeing as we're at home and playing the shittest of the shit teams in this league. Go for the win, and drop the old guard from midfield.

Amos

Matthews - Oshilaja - Famewo - Purrington

DJ - Smith - Shinnie - Millar

Aneke - Stockley

• Options
    If we can't win this one, the season is definitely over....
  • Options

Amos

Aneke - Stockley

I agree with that team totally. Mathews and DJ one side Purrington and Millar the other that should get us going forwards. Smith and Shinnie pulling the strings, we can only dream ! 
  • Options
    Maatsen and Millar would get us going even more. But the majority of the fanbase have gone Full Scapegoat on him. I knew it would happen too. When a defender starts scoring 3s in Player Marks despite the fact that he was only beaten once or twice, wasn't at fault for any goals and played a major role in our goal, it's clear the fans just don't like him. No I won't shut up about this
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Great preview FA.

My line up would be as follows, seeing as we're at home and playing the shittest of the shit teams in this league. Go for the win, and drop the old guard from midfield.

Amos

Aneke - Stockley

I like your team, but in view of our form down our right I would do a Curbishley and start Gunter right side midfield, which would give Smith more opportunity to move into the space behind the front two.
  • Options
    I think this will be the side, no chance Famewo plays again after 90 on Saturday and can't see Bows dropping Pratley either

Amos
    Gunter - Osh - Pearce - Purrington
    DJ - Shinnie - Pratley - Millar
    Aneke - Stockley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Maatsen and Millar would get us going even more. But the majority of the fanbase have gone Full Scapegoat on him. I knew it would happen too. When a defender starts scoring 3s in Player Marks despite the fact that he was only beaten once or twice, wasn't at fault for any goals and played a major role in our goal, it's clear the fans just don't like him. No I won't shut up about this
    I like Maatsen, but I think Millar has more freedom with Purrington behind him defensively. Maatsen would definitely allow for more overlap down the left wing.
  • Options
    Damn this thread. I was thinking that it was a 7.45 kick off. I would have missed the agony of going 1-0 down after three minutes. Oh well, I'm tough enough to take it.
  • Options

I reckon 1-1 or 2-2 
    Michael Owen reveal yourself ;) 

My point is Burton always knock it about better than us whenever we have played, expecting the same again tomorrow
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Maatsen and Millar would get us going even more. But the majority of the fanbase have gone Full Scapegoat on him. I knew it would happen too.

When a defender starts scoring 3s in Player Marks despite the fact that he was only beaten once or twice, wasn't at fault for any goals and played a major role in our goal, it's clear the fans just don't like him. No I won't shut up about this
    It also shows that many posters use prejudgement and emotion to mark a player, rather than that based on the player's actual performance.

• Options
    AndyG said:
    ross1 said:
    Getting the excuses going the day before kick off thats encouraging lol
    But be fair, it's a new one and he hasn't come out with it before.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sorry how? He is currently out of form compared to Purrington, his injury is what got him dropped and Purrington has done little wrong to allow Maatsen back in for me. It is somewhat telling that Fleetwood were targeting him.

He will come back in, I am sure, but you don't drop a player that is doing nothing wrong. 

• Options
    Came on here to say I'm predicting a win tomorrow. We just have to win because uf wd don't we will be facing Blackpool on Saturday knowing  a defeat against them could mean almost slipping onto the 2nd page of the table.

Just paid for the stream from my CAFC Cash so eagerly looking forward to seeing us smash 3 past them like Sunderland did.....only then to find out that they have Josh Parker in their side. He's bound to score but I'm still sticking my neck out that we wont lose to the bottom side.

3-2.