Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Burton Albion | Tues 23rd Feb | 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Don’t drop Famewo - he is class
    Don’t start Morgan - not good enough 

Drop Gunter for Matthews
    Drop Morgan for DJ.
    What are you on about? Morgan hasn't started in weeks.
    @daz@Dazzler21
    Good !
    But he is in the FA predicted line-up above.
    Ah sorry it wasn't clear from your post that you were referring directly to FA's line up
  • Tonight is a must win as far as I'm concerned.
  • edited February 2021
    Scoham said:
    Southbank said:
    Chunes said:
    Can anyone name another team in the modern era that plays 2 attacking wingers in a 4-4-2? It seems old-fashioned to me. When the game these days is based on transition, might just be asking to get cut open. And how do you break other teams down? Essentially it's all wing play and if your wingers aren't beating their men, you're lumping it in the box. 

You can play 2 wingers comfortably in a 4-2-3-1 but I don't think we've ever played that under LB.
    Also, with our wide open/mistake ridden defence, playing 3 attacking midfielders out of 4, none of whom can tackle, is stupid.
    I thought that, but some who want Bowyer out (not all) would criticise Bowyer whatever he did. They aren’t happy with our defending yet at the same time want more attacking line ups. As someone said recently our winning run came with Pratley and Watson both starting.
    True. People have also been unhappy with LB not keeping the same 11, but have also complained new signings aren't coming in. 
  • I want Pratson In ...I’m on my own but like em 
  • Like a moth to a light I'm drawn back to the game tonight, hopelessly hoping for a win even after all these years, trouble is it's difficult avoiding the booze while it's on.
  • I want Pratson In ...I’m on my own but like em 
    Nope I am with you fella, never lost a game they have started in midfield together.  I think, I am sure @Dazzler21 will correct me, they have started 4 games in midfield together we have won 3 and drawn 1, conceded 1 goal.

In our last 6 home games we have scored 11 goals and got 3 points!  
  • edited February 2021
    Covid 19 has at least meant that we haven't had a "small minority" of fans booing the team off at half-time and full-time after recent performances.
    Nor the occasionally comic site of people theatrically hurling their programme to the floor and "storming out".
    Such public display's might also have given TS pause for thought, just supposing he isn't one of the silent majority who don't spend their lives leafing through online football forums.
    It might also have given Lee a focus for his excuse bingo after another dire performance.
    I am really not certain if Lee has "lost it", as the question is posed on the other thread.
    Something is clearly not right though and Lee and the players need to start demonstrating that they have the will and the solutions to change that perception.
    It's a results business and we need to start winning games. Now.
    Do that and the "problems" will become wallpaper.
    For me, I am sort of relieved that we won't be in the stadium tonight.
    Not that I would boo or storm out, but I fear I would be sitting there silently in a fog of negativity, or swearing in frustration.
    I have lost belief that we will win games and I am just living in hope that team prove me wrong.
    1-2
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Anything less than 3 points tonight and i can't see a way back for Bowyer.
  • Covid 19 has at least meant that we haven't had a "small minority" of fans booing the team off at half-time and full-time after recent performances.
    Nor the occasionally comic site of people theatrically hurling their programme to the floor and "storming out".
    Such public display's might also have given TS pause for thought, just supposing he isn't one of the silent majority who don't spend their lives leafing through online football forums.
    It might also have given Lee a focus for his excuse bingo after another dire performance.
    I am really not certain if Lee has "lost it", as the question is posed on the other thread.
    Something is clearly not right though and Lee and the players need to start demonstrating that they have the will and the solutions to change that perception.
    Not that I would boo or storm out, but I fear I would be sitting there silently in a fog of negativity, or swearing in frustration.
    I have lost belief that we will win games and I am just living in hope that team prove me wrong.
    1-2
    I was one of the 2000 at the MKD game that Bowyer slagged off afterwards for our disappointing support. I feel honoured to be in the same company as Morgan, Bonne, Morgan (again), Williams and Maddison  :D

Thinking about it, I think there were a few boos at half time...
  • edited February 2021
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Redrobo said:
    paulfox said:
    Redrobo said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Croydon said:
    Great preview FA.

My line up would be as follows, seeing as we're at home and playing the shittest of the shit teams in this league. Go for the win, and drop the old guard from midfield.

Amos

Matthews - Oshilaja - Famewo - Purrington

DJ - Smith - Shinnie - Millar

Aneke - Stockley

spot on line up - unfortunately, i have no faith that LB has either the balls or the footballing nouse to start that team  
    Absolutely no chance a bowyer team would not have at least one  of , Pearce, pratley or Watson. I would happily not see any of them starting. And only possibly accept pratley on the bench. Bowyer always has to have a negative spin to his lineups or tactics.
    Well with Famewo unlikely to play you may want to swerve the game.
    Good point, but I always end up watching hoping for the best!!. It has been terrible lately though,do wonder why we put ourselves through it!😂 it’s about time bowyer earned his corn.
    Good lad! I’m a through thick and thin chap as well.
    Are we talking custard ???
    Thick, thin or lumpy?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I want Pratson In ...I’m on my own but like em 
    And it would appear you have good reason to:

When both were in midfield they conceded 1 in 4 and obtained 10 from 12pts. 
    Is that your own spreadsheet?
  • Covid 19 has at least meant that we haven't had a "small minority" of fans booing the team off at half-time and full-time after recent performances.
    1-2
    I was one of the 2000 at the MKD game that Bowyer slagged off afterwards for our disappointing support. I feel honoured to be in the same company as Morgan, Bonne, Morgan (again), Williams and Maddison  :D

Yeh, I had forgotten about that.
    I fear Lee wouldn't know what had hit him if we had a full ground right now
  • I must admit that until recently at least I had convinced myself that we had a good quality squad that basically just needed to gel and we would start motoring up the league.
    Now I am not so sure.
    I find myself comparing them to the promotion team from 2 years ago and find them wanting.
    We have no Cullen, always available to receive the ball from the defenders and move it on quickly and accurately.
    Watson seemed a perfect fit, but sadly has failed to live up to his billing and looks spent.
    No Bielik, more than capable of doing what Pratters does but with better distribution.
    No Aribo, stretching out those long legs and winning back possession where he had no right - instead we have Morgan, JFC or any number of others barging into people backs and giving away needless free kicks.
    How we miss Aribo in full flow running at defenders with the ball at his feet, scaring them shitless.
    Only Millar has that capacity to excite. Or maybe DJ will step up to the plate once he has sorted his feet out.
    And of course we have nobody with the sheer presence and charisma of Taylor, with his ability to keep the ball, take players out of position, make space where he has no right and deliver quality into the box for the likes of Grant to gobble up. Not to mention the crucial goals and pens.
    How Schwartz would love to play alongside him.
    I was thinking when Paddy Madden scored that goal on saturday, that the quality ball int the box is what Schwartz is crying out for.
    I haven't forgotten Shinnie's ball in of course. Much more of the same please.
    But of course, Bowyer seemed imperious back then and the squad reeked of togetherness.
    On paper the likes of Stockley, Chuks, Millar, DJ, et al look formidable enough.
    Can we regain that spirit, the will to win, the togetherness, the belief?

• Dazzler21 said:
    I want Pratson In ...I’m on my own but like em 
    And it would appear you have good reason to:

When both were in midfield they conceded 1 in 4 and obtained 10 from 12pts. 
    Is that your own spreadsheet?
    One of many 😂
  • I think Burton will win, we just can't defend. 

Feel a little more confident if Aneke is playing that we will get a goal.  
  • Got a few rival games going ahead tonight as well that'll be worth keeping an eye on...

Hull v Ipswich
    Oxford v Portsmouth
    Plymouth v Peterborough
  • Surely we are due a home win? Relegation sides often play well with no luck and this game may well be the same. Poor performance but a win is a win. 2-1 to the Addicks.
  • Sponsored links:

1-2

70% + still support him, of the other 30%, most are not getting the cheap Valley Pass let alone paying to get to the game and then pay the entrance fee. Couple of boos if we were to lose. Loud applause for a win and the tunnel jump.
  • Redrobo said:
    Covid 19 has at least meant that we haven't had a "small minority" of fans booing the team off at half-time and full-time after recent performances.
    1-2

70% + still support him, of the other 30%, most are not getting the cheap Valley Pass let alone paying to get to the game and then pay the entrance fee. Couple of boos if we were to lose. Loud applause for a win and the tunnel jump.
    Source? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    1-2

Source? 
    Bowyer out thread. Result of poll.
  • ross1 said:
    Forgotten some of the absolutely belters from Morts. 
  • edited February 2021
    I’d go:

Amos
    Matthews | Oshilaja | Akin | Purrington
    DJ I Smith | Pratley | Millar
    Stockley | Schwartz 
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    1-2

Source? 
    Bowyer out thread. Result of poll.
    That poll doesn't give this result 

"of the other 30%, most are not getting the cheap Valley Pass let alone paying to get to the game and then pay the entrance fee"

So how do you conclude that the 30% aren't watching, nor would go to the game if they could and the 70% are all 100% attending season ticket holders? 
  • ross1 said:
    Oh FFS I was 100% NOT going to buy the stream tonight, now I'm wavering.
  • ross1 said:
    That's oohaah hooked. 

Also those red goal nets looked 🔥🔥🔥
  • Redrobo said:
    1-2

Your speculation might not be far wide of the mark, although I suspect that the booing minority would be really making themselves heard by now.