Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 06 Feb 2021|

Comments

• mart77 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Solidgone said:
    Rochdale’s Baah is a handy player. 
    Did he sign for man city in the end ?
    Yup
    Said £10 mill on today’s commentary
    No wonder they have got a new pitch!!

It was no where near that, but Rochadale won't be going bust any time soon! 

• Was really pleased about the performance today. Everyone put in a shift and all seemed to do their jobs. Very much a back to basics performance with elements of class. Stockley and Chuks were superb up front and think it helped everyone else do their jobs as they weren’t being swamped. I really like Millar and was excited by DJ’s cameo. I’d add that I think Shinnie is getting back to sharpness and could be huge in the coming weeks. If we beat the Gills I think we might go on a run and more importantly I think the players may start to feel like they can go on a run that gets us towards the top of the table. 
  • edited February 2021
    I’ve removed all the personals and side digs from the last two pages, can’t be arsed to go back further.

weve just won a game, this is a thread to talk about the game. Just enjoy your Saturday night lads 
    Fffs miles behind catching up on the thread and I read this , gutted 
    I only come on here to see that there are people out there more cnutish than me and it gives me a warm feeling inside knowing I’m being outcnuted by our own twatish fan base 
    I’m gonna have to miss out on some feel good factor now cos Afkas being an adult boooooooo 
    I'll PM you the screen shots, it was some of my best work :smile:
  • Can't stop thinking about how comfortable we looked today.

Think Morgan will do more at RM than Shinnie will, but will also provide more cover for Gunter/Matthews.

Maybe Shinnie can rotate with JFC & Smith, who I must say I was sad didn't get on today.

Also have to mention how quick and tricky Jaiyesimi looked in his cameo. Terrorised their LB and LM.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    robroy said:
    Anyone writing Schwartz off should have a word.

He’s quite clearly gifted, he’s not had the service. Stick Jensen behind him threading the balls he would be catching Chucks up. 

If he’s adjusting to the league, the country, the players. To write him off is proper silly. 

He will be quality. 
    If a chance falls to someone in the area in at Wembley in May, I hope its Schwartz. 
    Not saying it won’t work out, obviously I hope it does, but what’s the faith in him based on?
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    robroy said:

He’s quite clearly gifted, he’s not had the service. Stick Jensen behind him threading the balls he would be catching Chucks up. 

If he’s adjusting to the league, the country, the players. To write him off is proper silly. 

He will be quality. 
    If a chance falls to someone in the area in at Wembley in May, I hope its Schwartz. 
    Not saying it won’t work out, obviously I hope it does, but what’s the faith in him based on?
    Flashes of ability he's shown, scored one, nearly scored two more. 3 in the time he has been here would put him on target for maybe 15 goals in a season had he been that touch sharper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    robroy said:

He will be quality. 
    Flashes of ability he's shown, scored one, nearly scored two more. 3 in the time he has been here would put him on target for maybe 15 goals in a season had he been that touch sharper.
    Should have four so far

Error at Bristol Rovers
    Saved shot against Swindon 
    Offside that was onside against Swindon 
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    robroy said:

He will be quality. 
    I’d say he’s come with a bit of pedigree, and to say his chances have been limited in a team not playing to his strengths. He’s not done anything to not have faith in him. Until he gets a run, none of us really know how he’s going to pan out. For what it’s worth I think given a fair chance, he will be an asset. 
  • What a performance, totally comfortable from the start to finish and never in doubt .
    FairPlay Purringtonn, I don’t rate him but he’s been solid and reliable and deserves a few games now .
    Real solid all round feel to it and with some easy fixtures to come I fancy a run of wins to get us back amongst it , we are more than capable.
    Most importantly the tart with the long hair didn’t keep touching it today and guess what we won , Samson fucked up pissing  about with his hair now don’t do the same (although do cut it , I sound like my Mrs asking the impossible ) well done JFC

0.5%    Automatic promotion
    49.5%     Play offs 
    48%   7th-12th
    2%  13th-20th
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    mart77 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Solidgone said:
    Yup
    No wonder they have got a new pitch!!

It was no where near that, but Rochadale won't be going bust any time soon! 

Says £300K online.  Didn't realise he was a local lad released by Palace and only been at Rochdale since the summer.
  • edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    robroy said:

He will be quality. 
    Should have four so far

Error at Bristol Rovers
    Saved shot against Swindon 
    Offside that was onside against Swindon 
    So potentially 20 a season if he was sharp from the start of a season.

Obviously he's still missed a good number, but he gets a shot for me.
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    robroy said:

He will be quality. 
    I don't have unequivocal faith in him, now we have got Stockley I would actually rather have Bogle (no seriously) but Schwartz has that je ne sais quoi, he will just finish it.  If Aneke had that, and was fit enough, he wouldn't be playing for us.

To me, he looks so one dimensional, but I don't think we have had a player like him in the last 30 years. Give the ball to him and he will score, probably do fuck all else for 90 minutes.

He wouldn't have scored any of the goals Mendonca did at Wembley, but if he got in the positions say BWP did (he won't) he would score 40 plus goals a season. 
  • My final comment of the day is that I believe that is the closest we have got to a truly front foot performance this season. From the start, not 30 mins here or there. Let's hope that

Getting a 3rd or 4th would have been great but can’t expect that every game.
    No, but doing once a season would be nice !!

• One sunny day doesn't make a summer but at the moment I will take a tan from that one sunny day and hope there is more to follow
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Solidgone said:
    Yup
    No idea where they got that from. He's out of contract in the summer, so City have only paid 300k for him.

Naturally he's nowhere near ready for City yet so they'll loan him out next season.
  • Scoham said:
    Croydon said:
    Solid win, could have been more. Forced Rochdale into long ball football, which Deji and Pearce dealt with well. Purrington solid, as usual, and good to have him back.

Aneke and Stockley are the partnership we need to build on. Jaiyesemi looked lively, and a good addition. 
    Agree with this. I think Schwartz will fade away like a slab of lurpak in a Scandinavian sauna. Shows the mediocrity of the Danish league. Blatantly obvious that he was a Sandgaard 'patriotic' signing. 
    Disagree - he's shown the quality is there, his goal, another disallowed and coming very close when he hit the post.

We know he's a poacher, but it sounds like you were expecting something different. Nothing wrong with having an out and out poacher in the squad. Just don't expect him to create chances on his own or dominate physically against centre backs.

For a player like him to be a success he needs good service. That's 3/4+ decent chances a game. So far he's probably had no more than 1 or 2 a game. Even the best strikers don't score 50% of their chances.

For now I'd stick with Aneke and Stockley, but Schwartz will play a part, even if it's just competition for places keeping Aneke and Stockley on their toes.
    He'll get his fair share of games if they need to tread carefully and manage Aneke's minutes.

I'd expect Aneke and Stockley to start the next 2 Saturday games, but Schwartz will probably come in for the midweek game with Burton to give Aneke a rest.
  • edited February 2021
    mart77 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Solidgone said:
    Yup
    No idea where they got that from. He's out of contract in the summer, so City have only paid 300k for him.

Naturally he's nowhere near ready for City yet so they'll loan him out next season.
    He's 17 so I'd imagine he's just going to get bundled into their youth system with a bunch of other talented youngsters. Seems a strange move for him. 

On another note, I notice Alex Gilbey left out of the squad for the third consecutive game. Looks like he's got a lot of work to do to get back into contention.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    robroy said:

He will be quality. 
    I don't have unequivocal faith in him, now we have got Stockley I would actually rather have Bogle (no seriously) but Schwartz has that je ne sais quoi, he will just finish it.  If Aneke had that, and was fit enough, he wouldn't be playing for us.

To me, he looks so one dimensional, but I don't think we have had a player like him in the last 30 years. Give the ball to him and he will score, probably do fuck all else for 90 minutes.

He wouldn't have scored any of the goals Mendonca did at Wembley, but if he got in the positions say BWP did (he won't) he would score 40 plus goals a season. 
    Paul Benson? He was an even more limited and one dimensional player than Schwartz. Had height but lacked the touch, strength and ability in the air to be a target man. Had no pace or skill either. Very much a poacher who offered little else.

I wouldn’t say BWP offered that much more outside the box. His work rate was questioned by some and although he wasn’t slow he wasn’t quick enough to scare Championship defences - that’s one reason Haynes was much more of a threat after we went up.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    robroy said:

He will be quality. 

You would prefer Bogle to Stockley?

Appreciate your perspective and as I said I hope Schwartz works out, a prolific striker can only be a good thing, right now he’s third in the pecking order for me.
  • paulfox said:
    I do find the writing off of Schwartz by some already a bit strange, I think it’s obvious what type of striker he is, it’s also obvious we don’t play in a style that suits him, at the moment. The goal he scored alone shows he has quality, it was a clinical finish. When we didn’t have strikers everyone would have said we need a Fox in the box type. Now we have one potentially people suddenly have doubts and want someone that can do it all himself...... make your mind up!!! And give him a fair crack of the whip.
    Agree. He’s also nowhere near match fit imo. 
    And living alone in a flat without his Mrs.
    Next season will be his moment. 
  • Couldn’t watch but encouraged by comments and performance. Playoffs still look very tough to me but winning at places like Rochdale is what we have to do to have a chance. Only two more losses to play with in my opinion. Let’s start this long coming run now.