Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 06 Feb 2021|

Comments

• edited February 2021
    stonemuse said:
    Oohaahmortimerfootballs(k)nobCAFCfacts

In our 66 seasons previous to entering this shithouse division in 2009/10 we had spent 4 in the third tier .

in the previous 34 seasons 1 season in the third tier

in the previous 28 seasons we spent 12 seasons in the top flight and 16 in the second tier .

7 fucking seasons in 12 in the third tier 
    do me a favour 
    while palace and scum are lauding it above us nope I’m not tugging one off cos we might make the play offs 
    know your history , shameful times 
  • edited February 2021
    Shinnie:

He started off shite,
    He finished alright,
    Walking in a Shinnie wonderland. 
    Poor player who is lightweight and poor in possession costing us twice in 2 games at least. First 6 touches yesterday he lost the ball 4 times. Should be nowhere near a 1st choice.
    Jury still out for me especially if we are thinking of making him a permanent signing beyond the end of the season. 

Was There any reason given why Gilbey was not in the match day squad yesterday? Didn’t deserve to be mind on performances to date.
  • Curbs and Gary N said it in the studio. The team had shape and balance. Can't say anybody was outstanding as they all did their job. Thanks to the ground keeper too for an excellent playing surface. Allowed our passing game, particularly on the left side, to really chime.  Keep the shape and balance and the goals will keep coming and the points too. 
  • I think any analysis of this performance has to be adjusted to account for the fact that Rochdale were pretty terrible. 
    I do it myself, but we never adjust our analysis for when the opposition were pretty good. We caught Rochdale scoring worldies, Accrington and Portsmouth putting in perfect away from home solid performances, MK Dons when all their passing game came together for their ‘game of the season’.

All in the ‘making excuses’ camp, but we are always quick to flag it when it works out for us. 
    Indeed. Rochdale were only as terrible as we made them
    They’ve been scoring goals for fun. We stopped them scoring. But that was because they were terrible!!
  • I wasn't able to watch the game , but looking back at the Sky highlights , you can't help noticing Stockley . In every goal effort by us , he's there in or on the edge of the 6 yard box waiting , oh how we've missed having someone like this , sign him up please , he's just what we need.
  • RedChaser said:
    Shinnie:

He started off shite,
    He finished alright,
    Poor player who is lightweight and poor in possession costing us twice in 2 games at least. First 6 touches yesterday he lost the ball 4 times. Should be nowhere near a 1st choice.
    Jury still out for me especially if we are thinking of making him a permanent signing beyond the end of the season. 

Was There any reason given why Gilbey was not in the match day squad yesterday? Didn’t deserve to be mind on performances to date.
    Been missing the last two squads now
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    RedChaser said:
    Shinnie:

He started off shite,
    He finished alright,

Hmm, Makes you wonder if he’s also been a bit disruptive/ outspoken like Maddison 🤔.
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Shinnie:

He started off shite,
    He finished alright,

Hmm, Makes you wonder if he’s also been a bit disruptive/ outspoken like Maddison 🤔.
    Wouldnt surprise me when you consider what Sanchez Watt had been saying on twitter
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Shinnie:

He started off shite,
    He finished alright,

Who would you drop from the bench for him? He's been awful this season. I don't think anyone on this forum even backs him up, and that's rare! It's more likely he just doesn't deserve a spot at the moment. 
  • edited February 2021
    se9addick said:
    Can’t understand the Shinnie shaming going on, has been consistently decent when called upon this season and I think, overall, he did fairly well yesterday. 
    Charlton wins this season: 12... (11 games since Shinnie signed)

Nine of those have been when Shinnie was playing, we've lost just three games when he's played, although one was the Peterborough game (he was at fault for the second) and he was also substituted injured when we lost to Milton Keynes when we were drawing at the time, he's also been involved in two draws.

Like I've asked Dazzler (If he has the time to do it at any stage, dont blame him if he doesnt), would be good to see the Midfield options during our bad run and not just the defensive options - Wouldnt say that Shinnie is ever outstanding when he's on the pitch (no player at this level is), but think he's been a big miss
  • Shinnie:

He started off shite,
    He finished alright,
    I agree that he has cost us points losing possession and he did indeed pass the ball to Rochdale quite a lot at the start of the game, but then improved.
    I had him down as our weakest performer yesterday albeit in a strong team performance.
  • Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Shinnie:

He started off shite,
    He finished alright,

Who would you drop from the bench for him? He's been awful this season. I don't think anyone on this forum even backs him up, and that's rare! It's more likely he just doesn't deserve a spot at the moment. 
    I wouldn’t drop anyone for him I think he’s been a massive disappointment, why? Did you think I felt he’d been hard done by cos I don’t 😉.
  • RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Shinnie:

He started off shite,
    He finished alright,

I wouldn’t drop anyone for him I think he’s been a massive disappointment, why? Did you think I felt he’d been hard done by cos I don’t 😉.
    No not at all. Thought you were suggesting maybe he's been left out because he's been disruptive, but we agree he's just been rubbish! 
  • edited February 2021
    se9addick said:
    Can’t understand the Shinnie shaming going on, has been consistently decent when called upon this season and I think, overall, he did fairly well yesterday. 
    Are you sure you’re patriotism is not clouding your judgement . And you still haven’t said what you stabbed your haggis with 😉.
  • I’d happily keep liking this all evening and don’t mean offence to Bogle by that. Stockley was my MOTM today. Was a joy to see that type of performance in a Charlton shirt. 
     Stockley works defences. They cannot let their guard down.

With Bogle, they had the cigars out 5 minutes before kick off!
    Corrected it for you
  • Sponsored links:

• paulfox said:
    I do find the writing off of Schwartz by some already a bit strange, I think it’s obvious what type of striker he is, it’s also obvious we don’t play in a style that suits him, at the moment. The goal he scored alone shows he has quality, it was a clinical finish. When we didn’t have strikers everyone would have said we need a Fox in the box type. Now we have one potentially people suddenly have doubts and want someone that can do it all himself...... make your mind up!!! And give him a fair crack of the whip.
    It’s the Charlton life way
  • Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Shinnie:

He started off shite,
    He finished alright,

No not at all. Thought you were suggesting maybe he's been left out because he's been disruptive, but we agree he's just been rubbish! 
    It begs the question though, that as well as being poor, has he also been disruptive. The two are not mutually exclusive.
  • edited February 2021
    RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Shinnie:

He started off shite,
    He finished alright,

It begs the question though, that as well as being poor, has he also been disruptive. The two are not mutually exclusive.
    I don't understand how it begs that question?
  • Was very very impressed at how high we pressed them.........never giving them a moments breathing space at the back.
    A pleasing performance for everyone.
    I was particularly pleased to see Pearce have a stormer.👍 
  • Unbelievable, missed most of the game cause I more or less kipped off.

Always said though this league is fairly simple, play a 442 with good players and you go up, the skill and intelligence doesn't exist in this league to need to play any real strategic formations and you certainly don't need to play around a particular player on the pitch, the quality just isn't there.

• TBF to him, Pearce has cost us a fair few goals but also created 3 or maybe 4 now by direct assist.
  • RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    Are you sure you’re patriotism is not clouding your judgement . And you still haven’t said what you stabbed your haggis with 😉.
    😂 Actually I was actually pretty sceptical than when we signed Shinnie as I never rated him when he was coming through the Rangers youth academy and he never really made the cut there. I guess that clouded my judgement because it looks like in the intervening decade he’s turned into a decent player and is proving me wrong. Long may it continue!
  • edited February 2021
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Shinnie:

He started off shite,
    He finished alright,

Well his performances have been poor the management could have suggested ways to improve his game, he could have disagreed with role he was being asked to undertake and you have a difference of opinion.

Our last six matches;

Subbed off at HT v Rochdale (h) 12/1/21

Subbed on v B Rovers for 3 mins

Subbed on v Pboro for 11 mins

On the bench v Swindon

Not in squad v Pompey or Rochdale.

• edited February 2021
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Shinnie:

He started off shite,
    He finished alright,

Well his performances have been poor the management could have suggested ways to improve his game, he could have disagreed with role he was being asked to undertake and you have a difference of opinion.

Our last six matches;

Subbed off at HT v Rochdale 

Subbed on v B Rovers for 3 mins

Subbed on v Pboro for 11 mins

On the bench v Swindon

Not in squad v Pompey or Rochdale.

But isn't that all explained by the fact he's been poor? The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Seems unfair on the bloke to start circulating a rumour that maybe he's disruptive when there's no evidence that's not equally explained by the fact he's been woefully out of form. 
    Who’s circulating a rumour I’ve merely asked the question. Other posters on here have said that other members of the squad had told them in confidence there were other dissenting voices in the dressing room, could it have been him that’s all.