Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• in the circumstances good result
  • redman said:
    Seeing that neither Billings nor Crawley are in the t20 squad are they able to play for Kent on Friday and Sunday 
    Billings can be sub fielder and drinks carrier  :D
  • redman said:
    Seeing that neither Billings nor Crawley are in the t20 squad are they able to play for Kent on Friday and Sunday 
    Billings can be sub fielder and drinks carrier  :D
    No he can't as he has tested positive for Covid. Got to isolate until next Wednesday...
  • redman said:
    The Club can confirm that Zak Crawley will be available for Kent Spitfires’ two remaining Vitality Blast group matches against Middlesex and Sussex Sharks this week, following his recent stint with England’s Men’s ODI team.
  • Last week I mentioned that Jaskaran Singh was potentially the one fast bowler that could make it as a pro. I really wasn't expecting him to make his 1st team debut a matter of days later! There is one other to keep an eye on albeit that it will be a few years before he follows in Jas's footsteps.

His name is Barney Ford. He plays for Dartford 1s, is probably about 6' 2'', a left armer (always useful to have one of those) and possesses a lovely easy action. He played this week in a 3 day game against Middlesex for the Kent U18s and returned figures of 22-4-63-3. He's only 15 and he's not short of pace now so who knows how fast he will be when he fills out and stops growing!

How fantastic would it be to see those two opening the bowling for the Oval Invincibles in three or four years time!
    Corrected  ;) 
  • edited July 2021
    Excellent article. The ECB spin machine will be working at 110% to try and spin good news about the 100, as they've made their bed now.
  • I'd be curious to know which were the two counties Dobell was referring to as being hard to defend when it came to keeping them alive. 
  • I'd be curious to know which were the two counties Dobell was referring to as being hard to defend when it came to keeping them alive. 
    I imagine it would be 2 out of Glamorgan, Notts and Warks, probably the first 2? In terms of producing players, success in the county championship etc

• Sponsored links:

• Any idea what the team for the T20 will look like ? 

Are they sticking with the CC squad or are more club players being looked at ? 
  • Any idea what the team for the T20 will look like ? 

Are they sticking with the CC squad or are more club players being looked at ? 
    Crawley will come in and probably for Joe Gordon. They might go for one or two more experienced white ball players too from Club cricket who have also played 2s cricket this season. However with, as expected, Crawley, Finch, O'Riordan, Kuhn, Podmore, Qadri and Quinn in the side that leaves just four places up for grabs - a keeper, a batsman and two pace bowlers. Not sure about the fitness of Groenwald and Stewart either but they could, in theory and provided they aren't grouped with the Covid 11, fill the last two positions.
  • Kent have signed 3 Scots to play for us - Calum MaCleod, George Munsey and Safyaan Sharif for the final two Blast matches
  • Is Calum in the Lordswood quarantine? ;-)
  • edited July 2021
    Hooper of Bickley is included in the 13 man squad as well as Finch, Gordon and Lincoln from the debutants in the Sussex match. I might be wrong but the only keeper I can see is Kuhn - I believe that this will be the first time he has kept for us
  • Pedro45 said:
    Is Calum in the Lordswood quarantine? ;-)
    Presumably the ECB are prepared to accept a number of clear PCR tests
  • Surrey just won.

Sorry.
  • Surrey just won.

Sorry.
    No need to apologise. With that result Kent might not even need to win either of our final two matches to get a home draw in the QFs!
  • Surrey just won.

Sorry.
    No need to apologise. With that result Kent might not even need to win either of our final two matches to get a home draw in the QFs!
    Always happy to help.😗
  • Sponsored links:

• Hooper of Bickley is included in the 13 man squad as well as Finch, Gordon and Lincoln from the debutants in the Sussex match. I might be wrong but the only keeper I can see is Kuhn - I believe that this will be the first time he has kept for us
    He looks a very good player. Hope he gets a chance. Decent bat and better slh bowler.
  • Hooper of Bickley is included in the 13 man squad as well as Finch, Gordon and Lincoln from the debutants in the Sussex match. I might be wrong but the only keeper I can see is Kuhn - I believe that this will be the first time he has kept for us
    Lincoln keeps. I knew that he was a goalkeeper but not a wicket keeper!
    •  HG Munsey
    •  Z Crawley
    •  HG Kuhn*
    •  HZ Finch
    •  CS MacLeod
    •  DJ Lincoln†
    •  MK O'Riordan
    •  SM Sharif
    •  HW Podmore
    •  EO Hooper
    •  MR Quinn
  • We've won the toss and will bat
  • Could be interesting!
    •  HG Munsey
    •  Z Crawley
    •  HG Kuhn*
    •  HZ Finch
    •  CS MacLeod
    •  DJ Lincoln†
    •  MK O'Riordan
    •  SM Sharif
    •  HW Podmore
    •  EO Hooper
    •  MR Quinn
    5th wicketkeeper used this season by Kent and only half way through July - is this a record ? 
    •  HG Munsey
    •  Z Crawley
    •  HG Kuhn*
    •  HZ Finch
    •  CS MacLeod
    •  DJ Lincoln†
    •  MK O'Riordan
    •  SM Sharif
    •  HW Podmore
    •  EO Hooper
    •  MR Quinn
    5th wicketkeeper used this season by Kent and only half way through July - is this a record ? 
    And some thought we had too many keepers!
  • The Middlesex fielding tonight has been somewhat comical at times
  • That said, the Middlesex turf following the storm the other night looks positively dangerous
  • Finch who is currently batting, is he the ex Sussex player? When did we sign him? 
  • Stewart said:
    Finch who is currently batting, is he the ex Sussex player? When did we sign 
    Let go by Sussex last year - been playing in our 2s