Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Stewart said:
    Finch who is currently batting, is he the ex Sussex player? When did we sign him? 
    Yes he is. We signed him for the last CC game in which he scored a hundred to save the game. He's been playing for our 2s all season with a view to gaining a contract but also with in mind of the number of players we are going to lose for that comp we don't like to talk about.
  • Hooper of Bickley is included in the 13 man squad as well as Finch, Gordon and Lincoln from the debutants in the Sussex match. I might be wrong but the only keeper I can see is Kuhn - I believe that this will be the first time he has kept for us
    Lincoln keeps. I knew that he was a goalkeeper but not a wicket keeper!
    •  HG Munsey
    •  Z Crawley
    •  HG Kuhn*
    •  HZ Finch
    •  CS MacLeod
    •  DJ Lincoln†
    •  MK O'Riordan
    •  SM Sharif
    •  HW Podmore
    •  EO Hooper
    •  MR Quinn
    5th wicketkeeper used this season by Kent and only half way through July - is this a record ? 
    It will also be a record number of players who have played for Kent in one season in all forms of the game
  • Cheers guys…… good knowledge 
  • We are stuttering a bit
  • Addick Addict said:
    We are stuttering a bit
    More than a bit now!
  • Can't see a thread for the England game.. 
    So I'll post it here. 
    Bairstow is shite 
  • 157-8 off 20

117-2 off first 12
    40-6 off final 8
  • Hooper of Bickley is included in the 13 man squad as well as Finch, Gordon and Lincoln from the debutants in the Sussex match. I might be wrong but the only keeper I can see is Kuhn - I believe that this will be the first time he has kept for us
    Lincoln keeps. I knew that he was a goalkeeper but not a wicket keeper!
    •  HG Munsey
    •  Z Crawley
    •  HG Kuhn*
    •  HZ Finch
    •  CS MacLeod
    •  DJ Lincoln†
    •  MK O'Riordan
    •  SM Sharif
    •  HW Podmore
    •  EO Hooper
    •  MR Quinn
    He probably didn't know he could keep wicket either!

I assume if he's a goalkeeper, that he's quite tall. 
  • How can bairstow and Morgan play for England and not billings for Kent when they all started isolating at the same time?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    How can bairstow and Morgan play for England and not billings for Kent when they all started isolating at the same time?
    Because Billings is in the England squad and bubble but hasn't been selected by them. And he still has just 84 runs for the season for County and Country this season and we are in the middle of July!

Edit - he isn't in the England squad but "ECB protocol" prevents him from playing. It must be something to do with going from one bubble to another
  • How can bairstow and Morgan play for England and not billings for Kent when they all started isolating at the same time?
    Billings tested positive - they didn’t 
    Billings tested positive - they didn’t 
    Although Billings said "Good luck to the lads in the T20s," "Thankfully now recovered from Covid and 10 days done.

"Now following the ECB return to play protocol which rules me out of playing for Kent this weekend unfortunately.

• 30-4

It really doesn't matter what team we put out
  • Middlesex need 127 runs to win from 13.3 overs
  • We've won the toss and will bat elected to win

• 38-6

Embarrassingly easy 
  • 38-6
  • 38-6

Should be time for the teams to play a beer match afterwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• That said, the Middlesex turf following the storm the other night looks positively dangerous
    The ground was completely flooded...
  • edited July 2021
    Now here's a thing. A couple of years ago Joe Denly had a row on twitter which centred around the fact that there was no one playing in the Kent League who was good enough to play County cricket. Either the standard has got a lot better or he was mistaken. The names Singh, Hooper and Macleod spring to mind! 
  • ... and even better when he takes a wicket!

43-7
  • Middlesex are very consistent

Rock bottom of both the CC and T20 tables
  • There's something vaguely reassuring seeing a Kent player called Hooper bowling spin off a couple of steps.
    Very similar look about them too
  • A very cheap charity sponsorship evening for London Fields brewery, with the low scoring
  • Middlesex on for the lowest total ever in T20. The rag bag XI not doing to bad