Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Nathan Gilchrisy has been pinged by Track and Trace and will be withdrawn from this match 

Bradley Whiteman from TWells to replace him. 
    So it’s okay to withdraw him and none of the other players have to isolate but the players from the 20/20 game all have to isolate.

I don’t get what the difference is
  • Nathan Gilchrisy has been pinged by Track and Trace and will be withdrawn from this match 

Bailey Whiteman - has played 2s cricket for Kent and Derbyshire this season and previously for Warwicks 2s in 2019 as well as Cheshire
  • Lost Finch 3rd ball of the day but now 95-6 and 86 behind

So it’s okay to withdraw him and none of the other players have to isolate but the players from the 20/20 game all have to isolate.

The club are saying it’s not related to the team on the Coach. No positive test so far so Self isolate and test. 

The difference is that one of the Kent team tested positive, so all those in direct contact with him (ie the rest of the team) have to isolate (and stop playing) whereas with Gilchrist, he got pinged by track and trace, which means he was in the same "place" as someone who tested positive (but maybe not contact) so he has to isolate. If he subsequently tested positive, then the whole team are buggered.
  • What a shambles, and quite bizarre too. The Gilchrist situation reminds me of Billy Gilmour, where somehow he wasn't in close contact with his Scotland colleagues!
  • 110-6. 
    Kent trail Sussex by 71 runs with 4 wickets remaining
  • Pedro45 said:
    Nathan Gilchrisy has been pinged by Track and Trace and will be withdrawn from this match 

The difference is that one of the Kent team tested positive, so all those in direct contact with him (ie the rest of the team) have to isolate (and stop playing) whereas with Gilchrist, he got pinged by track and trace, which means he was in the same "place" as someone who tested positive (but maybe not contact) so he has to isolate. If he subsequently tested positive, then the whole team are buggered.
    👍🏻 
  • 119-6

Very handy 50 partnership between Podmore and Qadri
  • Podmore out for 37 on the same score of 119

• Sponsored links:

• They are now off due to bad light at 122-7 and 59 behind
  • I’ve witnessed an hour a bit of play at grey Canterbury. I’m not overly optimistic of seeing much more today. 
  • They are now off due to bad light at 122-7 and 59 behind
    Close of play

Isn't like someone quarantining with other people in the household still going out and about?
  • Opened up a local free paper this morning only to see a good sized article about Darren Stevens and his exploits this season so far for Kent.
    The fact he has got another's year contract to keep him playing First class cricket until he is 46, how he scored 190 in one innings this season and various other facts.
    Nothing overly interesting in that I agree, bit my local 'rag' is in Hinckley, and Stevo was born and brought up here, and played for the local Hinckley co-op cricket team, just up the road from me.... didn't know that.
    Headline reads 'Cricket Heroics from a  Hinckley Cult Hero!'
    They are mighty proud of him that's for sure.
  • edited July 2021
    Kent 165 all out
    Sussex 110-0
    Sussex lead Kent by 126 runs with 10 wickets remaining
  • Sussex 197-0

what has happened to the pitch !!

• Sussex 327-4. When will they declare? Can we bat the rest of the day? 3 wickets for Quinn 1 for Singh.
  • Sussex 332-4 dec
    Kent 127-2
    Kent need 222 runs to win
  • Kent 128-3. Finch 66 no
  • Sponsored links:

• Can we bat it out? Kuhn was out for 4.
  • If Harry Finch finds his form of 3-4 years ago, he will bat it out. I really don't know what happened to him. He couldn't score a run for love nor money. I hope he finds form and becomes a Kent regular because he is definitely good enough as well as being a decent slip fielder.
  • 139-3 at tea.
  • I trust when Finch reaches his ton he'll kiss the Kent badge and cup his ears to all the chants of "Sussex reject" from the away fans  ;)
  • Does an Adebayor and slides onto his knees in front of the members stand
  • Seeing that neither Billings nor Crawley are in the t20 squad are they able to play for Kent on Friday and Sunday 
  • 259-6

Finch out. 

Time to shut up shop with 90 needed 
  • edited July 2021
    Kent 265-7
    Kent need 84 runs to win
    Finch out for 115
  • What time are they playing to? 7pm?