Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Our wins over Surrey are the complete opposite of Charlton wins over Millwall, they're so frequent they're almost boring  ;)
  • Uboat said:
    Watching castaway now on sky cinema. 
    Good film 
    Wilson!!
    Oh, I was thinking of the Ollie Reed / Amanda Donahue film 
  • edited July 2021
    Great stuff again, lads. 

Really pleased that our Olly R had the opportunity to show how well he can bat & keep. 

Apologies for repeating what I wrote a week ago ( esp to @blackpool72 ) but we do have a squad of players that give their all for the county - no fancy dans or egos. 

2 more T20s to go & we're fortunate to have tickets for both. 

Then we'll be down to the bare bones for the One Dayers.....Oh well, can't win 'em all. 

Kent- you've helped keep me sane this summer. Thank you. 
    We're going to the Lords one!
  • edited July 2021
    Night night all 
    Hopefully you get to Lords for finals day and fans are allowed to go.

I think the finals day is at Edgbaston but we are due to be away on holiday, unfortunately.

But it will be great compensation if we can't travel and can get a ticket for the cricket instead. If we are able to win our QF that is
  • Great stuff again, lads. 

Really pleased that our Olly R had the opportunity to show how well he can bat & keep. 

Apologies for repeating what I wrote a week ago ( esp to @blackpool72 ) but we do have a squad of players that give their all for the county - no fancy dans or egos. 

2 more T20s to go & we're fortunate to have tickets for both. 

Then we'll be down to the bare bones for the One Dayers.....Oh well, can't win 'em all. 

Kent- you've helped keep me sane this summer. Thank you. 
    We're going to the Lords one!
    Whereas Surrey fans are going to Lourdes in the hope that their prayers of beating us just once this season might be answered 
  • Close one that. 
  • Notts Yorkshire was a ten over match 

Yorkshire got 60-3
    Notts got it in 3.4 overs. 

Trego 29 off 13
    Hales 31 off 9 !!!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    Notts Yorkshire was a ten over match 

Yorkshire got 60-3

Trego 29 off 13
    Hales 31 off 9 !!!! 
    Sorry 7 over match 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Notts Yorkshire was a ten over match 

Yorkshire got 60-3

Trego 29 off 13
    Hales 31 off 9 !!!! 
    Did Hales visualise that the ball was Eoin Morgan  ;)
    7 over match and they won with 20 balls to spare 
  • Just caught up on the thread having finished work (kept an eye on the score). 

Very pleased that the dropping Robbo nonsense was shown to be exactly that.

Pissing myself @blackpool72 - fair play. 

It really is bizarre how much we seem to have the beating over Surrey - can’t really be explained. 
  • Interesting week. On Sunday, Kent v Sussex contest the wooden spoon. Next weekend, Kent v Sussex battling out top spot.
    I hadn't realised there was a team below Kent in the CC, despite us failing to win a game in 9 attempts  :D

Middlesex by contrast are consistent, being bottom in both the CC and Blast...
  • Interesting week. On Sunday, Kent v Sussex contest the wooden spoon. Next weekend, Kent v Sussex battling out top spot.
    I hadn't realised there was a team below Kent in the CC, despite us failing to win a game in 9 attempts  :D

Middlesex by contrast are consistent, being bottom in both the CC and Blast...
    Surrey and Middlesex really need to take a long look at themselves. If Matt Walker is under pressure for his job that same has to be true about Stewart and Law
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Interesting week. On Sunday, Kent v Sussex contest the wooden spoon. Next weekend, Kent v Sussex battling out top spot.
    I hadn't realised there was a team below Kent in the CC, despite us failing to win a game in 9 attempts  :smile:
    Yes, Sussex are below Kent. You probably didn’t realise that you get the same 8 points for drawing a game in which you were being slaughtered as a game when you’re well on top where the weather saves your opponents.
  • Will we get Creepy and Bilno back for the QF? I think the scheduling has enabled it in the past but maybe not with all the covid bubbles
  • edited July 2021
    Logan is only 23 and a victim of the number of spinners Yorkshire have on their books including Bess and Rashid. He only played two FC games and in one innings took 4-22 including the wicket of Sibley.

He's only on a two month contract but the sooner we get him to put pen to paper the better!
    Hopefully we'll benefit from they're mistake. Rashid doesn't play red ball cricket, while they chose to sign Bess for this season

A bit painful that as well as no home grown fast bowlers, we are having to bring in spinners from outside as well. Does everyone in Kent just want to bat and keep wicket  :D
    My lad is happy to just bat but Kent want him to keep. Good job he doesn't have too many at the county in front of him in that respect!

There is one potential fast bowler coming through who Seb is good friend with and who has played with since they were both 8 by the name of Jaskaran Singh. Jas is 6' 5'' has played in the 2s for the last couple of seasons and has plenty of potential. The two of them are going to Australia together come September so here's hoping Jas comes back two yards quicker and a bit nastier too because he doesn't have that edge about him yet!

Today is going to be interesting for one lad, possibly as interesting for another. More to follow later.
    Looking at weather forecast another draw looks inevitiable for the CC while looks good for next Sunday.

Now we've definitely qualified I presume it's safe to ask when the QF are scheduled for. Anyone know please? 
  • Ok looks like it is unlikely to be a home draw as can't see our reserves winning either game! Lucky we have already qualified in 20. Weather should save us in CC.

"Following a PCR test administered yesterday (Saturday), Kent Cricket can confirm that one unnamed member of Kent’s Men’s First XI squad has tested positive for COVID-19.

In collaboration with Public Health England and the England & Wales Cricket Board, the player impacted will now observe a period of self-isolation, beginning from 10 July, following UK Government’s protocol on quarantining.

The remaining members of Kent Spitfires’ Vitality Blast squad that played on Friday night at the Kia Oval have been deemed close contacts and are therefore also required to self-isolate for ten days.

The Club can confirm that a full squad will be named for today’s LV= Insurance County Championship match against Sussex and the two forthcoming Vitality Blast matches against Middlesex and Sussex Sharks.

Heino Kuhn will take on captaincy duties and the full squad for today’s match will be announced shortly.

Incoming squad members, made up of Kent Second XI players and homegrown prospects, will follow usual testing protocols to ensure safe entry into the Championship squad, and will have the opportunity to impress in competitive first-class cricket.

Kent CEO, Simon Storey, said: “With the emergence of the Delta variant and recent release in lock down restrictions, the Club has been conscious of the increased possibility of an outbreak.”

“Overnight, the Club has worked swiftly to identify a replacement squad that will be ready to take on Sussex in the much-anticipated Canterbury Cricket Week, and will also be preparing for the final two matches of the group stages of the Vitality Blast, with a quarter-final berth already secured.”

• Logan is only 23 and a victim of the number of spinners Yorkshire have on their books including Bess and Rashid. He only played two FC games and in one innings took 4-22 including the wicket of Sibley.

He's only on a two month contract but the sooner we get him to put pen to paper the better!
    Hopefully we'll benefit from they're mistake. Rashid doesn't play red ball cricket, while they chose to sign Bess for this season

A bit painful that as well as no home grown fast bowlers, we are having to bring in spinners from outside as well. Does everyone in Kent just want to bat and keep wicket  :D
    My lad is happy to just bat but Kent want him to keep. Good job he doesn't have too many at the county in front of him in that respect!

There is one potential fast bowler coming through who Seb is good friend with and who has played with since they were both 8 by the name of Jaskaran Singh. Jas is 6' 5'' has played in the 2s for the last couple of seasons and has plenty of potential. The two of them are going to Australia together come September so here's hoping Jas comes back two yards quicker and a bit nastier too because he doesn't have that edge about him yet!

Today is going to be interesting for one lad, possibly as interesting for another. More to follow later.
    Had a call late last night asking Seb to be on standby to keep for Kent 1s today. There is a Covid issue at Kent with a number of players having to isolate. He hasn't been needed in the end but the really fantastic news is that his mate Jas makes his debut. Hope it's a great one for him.
    Interesting and slightly concerning that after a year of pretty successful cricket played in bubbles etc, Covid has become an issue, first with England and now with Kent. I guess it's inevitable with opening up that players will be in contact more with the outside world, and pass the infection on within the changing room
  • edited July 2021
    https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/club-statement-covid-19-testing/

Following a PCR test administered yesterday (Saturday), Kent Cricket can confirm that one unnamed member of Kent’s Men’s First XI squad has tested positive for COVID-19.
    In collaboration with Public Health England and the England & Wales Cricket Board, the player impacted will now observe a period of self-isolation, beginning from 10 July, following UK Government’s protocol on quarantining.

The remaining members of Kent Spitfires’ Vitality Blast squad that played on Friday night at the Kia Oval have been deemed close contacts and are therefore also required to self-isolate for ten days.

The Club can confirm that a full squad will be named for today’s LV= Insurance County Championship match against Sussex and the two forthcoming Vitality Blast matches against Middlesex and Sussex Sharks.

Heino Kuhn will take on captaincy duties and the full squad for today’s match will be announced shortly.

Incoming squad members, made up of Kent Second XI players and homegrown prospects, will follow usual testing protocols to ensure safe entry into the Championship squad, and will have the opportunity to impress in competitive first-class cricket.

Kent CEO, Simon Storey, said: “With the emergence of the Delta variant and recent release in lock down restrictions, the Club has been conscious of the increased possibility of an outbreak.”

“Overnight, the Club has worked swiftly to identify a replacement squad that will be ready to take on Sussex in the much-anticipated Canterbury Cricket Week, and will also be preparing for the final two matches of the group stages of the Vitality Blast, with a quarter-final berth already secured.”
  • edited July 2021
    redman said:
    Interesting week. On Sunday, Kent v Sussex contest the wooden spoon. Next weekend, Kent v Sussex battling out top spot.
    Looking at weather forecast another draw looks inevitiable for the CC while looks good for next Sunday.

Now we've definitely qualified I presume it's safe to ask when the QF are scheduled for. Anyone know please? 
    The T20 Blast QFs are Tuesday - Thursday 24 -27 August. Not sure when we find out which day. Someone posted earlier how we know whom is playing whom from the final tables