Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• edited July 2021
    redman said:
    Ok looks like it is unlikely to be a home draw as can't see our reserves winning either game! Lucky we have already qualified in 20. Weather should save us in CC.

"Following a PCR test administered yesterday (Saturday), Kent Cricket can confirm that one unnamed member of Kent’s Men’s First XI squad has tested positive for COVID-19.

In collaboration with Public Health England and the England & Wales Cricket Board, the player impacted will now observe a period of self-isolation, beginning from 10 July, following UK Government’s protocol on quarantining.

The remaining members of Kent Spitfires’ Vitality Blast squad that played on Friday night at the Kia Oval have been deemed close contacts and are therefore also required to self-isolate for ten days.

The Club can confirm that a full squad will be named for today’s LV= Insurance County Championship match against Sussex and the two forthcoming Vitality Blast matches against Middlesex and Sussex Sharks.

Heino Kuhn will take on captaincy duties and the full squad for today’s match will be announced shortly.

Incoming squad members, made up of Kent Second XI players and homegrown prospects, will follow usual testing protocols to ensure safe entry into the Championship squad, and will have the opportunity to impress in competitive first-class cricket.

Kent CEO, Simon Storey, said: “With the emergence of the Delta variant and recent release in lock down restrictions, the Club has been conscious of the increased possibility of an outbreak.”

“Overnight, the Club has worked swiftly to identify a replacement squad that will be ready to take on Sussex in the much-anticipated Canterbury Cricket Week, and will also be preparing for the final two matches of the group stages of the Vitality Blast, with a quarter-final berth already secured.”

I thought you only had to isolate for 5 days if you take a test (you have to pay for)? Like Harry did when he was over for the statue unveiling and Kate after Wimbledon and then was back less than 10 days later. And TS when he comes over. Maybe the bar is higher in professional sport?
  • The new look side for today’s game
  • Who is Joe Gordon , Harry Houllion and Dan Lincoln ? 
  • Looking forward to seeing what Jas Singh can do with the ball. can’t remember the last time Kent had a seamer come through their academy! 
  • Havent heard of many of the Sussex guys either apart from Ollie Robinson - have they made wholesale changes in sympathy ? 
  • edited July 2021
    Havent heard of many of the Sussex guys either apart from Ollie Robinson - have they made wholesale changes in sympathy ? 
    Yes, I recognise Travis Head the Aussie but there are a lot of youngsters in that lineup
  • So near for Seb ! Next time, young Spitfire ! 

Wondering who we'll see next Friday & Sunday in the last T20s. 
  • Sponsored links:

• anyone else getting excited because a poster on here that you’ve never met knows a kid who has just taken 2 wickets in two overs for kent
    Yup - and that’s better than the 3x pros that have been bowling have managed so far 
  • Get in there Jas.
  • Make that 2  !

1st ball of his 2nd over !!!!

Hands off, Surrey ! :wink:
    Too late. 
    I've just got of the phone to Mickey Stewart. 
    He signs next week. 
    That should ensure his career plummets 
  • Who is Joe Gordon , Harry Houllion and Dan Lincoln ? 
    Joe Gordon and Harry Houllion play for Sandwich and Sevenoaks Vine respectably and both ex Academy. Dan Lincoln is 26 and plays for Berkshire and has also turned out for three different counties 2s. Also played in 9 T20s in 2019 & 2020 for Middlesex 
  • edited July 2021
    Havent heard of many of the Sussex guys either apart from Ollie Robinson - have they made wholesale changes in sympathy ? 
    Pretty young sides have been our thing in the CC this year. Ben Brown the usual skipper is self isolating, as is Chris Jordan and George Garton , Luke Wright and Tymal Mills don't play 4 Day cricket and Phil Salt is away with England. Jofra I doubt I'll see in a Sussex shirt this summer.

We'll be even more decimated in the Royal London thanks to the Hundred....
  • Sponsored links:

• And now his 3rd !!!!

What a debut ! 
    Travis Head at that!
  • Sussex 89-4. 
    Singh7.013134.43
  • And now his 3rd !!!!

What a debut ! 
    Travis Head at that!
    I think 12 is his top score this season 
  • And now his 3rd !!!!

What a debut ! 
    Travis Head at that!
    I think 12 is his top score this season 
    Must admit I've been really disappointed with him , couple of cameos in the Blast but even then I don't think he's got to 50 in any format
  • how old is jas Singh and what type of bowler is he?
  • 18    Medium fast. 
  • edited July 2021
    Looks like I’ll be watching a 2nd XI game tomorrow. This is the new tactic from Sussex. You field the 1st team in the 2nds and the 2nds in the 1sts. Anyone there to see this bottom of the table clash?