Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Middlesex have hit 1 four and 1 six
  • All out for 80, their record low  :D
  • Kent win a thriller!
  • 80 all out. Middlesex's lowest total in T20
  • So Middlesex get there lowest ever T20 score and Kent secure a home game 
  • Pedro45 said:
    Hooper of Bickley is included in the 13 man squad as well as Finch, Gordon and Lincoln from the debutants in the Sussex match. I might be wrong but the only keeper I can see is Kuhn - I believe that this will be the first time he has kept for us
    He looks a very good player. Hope he gets a chance. Decent bat and better slh bowler.
    Any relation to Andy Hooper? Derek Underwood's reserve late sixties early seventies?
  • What a win. Quality team performance again.

Yes middlesex were poor but the fielding was excellent and I thiught the spin bowling from hooper was very good. 
  • Updated table. Hampshire looking good after the power play too
  • Mad that Notts have had 3 ties this year 
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Hooper of Bickley is included in the 13 man squad as well as Finch, Gordon and Lincoln from the debutants in the Sussex match. I might be wrong but the only keeper I can see is Kuhn - I believe that this will be the first time he has kept for us
    He looks a very good player. Hope he gets a chance. Decent bat and better slh bowler.
    Any relation to Andy Hooper? Derek Underwood's reserve late sixties early seventies?
    Don't  believe so Len. I remember Andy Hooper when he used to play for Blackheath back in the '80s. He then moved to Andover where he ended up President whereas Elliot was born in Eastbourne. There is also a 50 year age gap between the two of them.
  • LenGlover said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Don't  believe so Len. I remember Andy Hooper when he used to play for Blackheath back in the '80s. He then moved to Andover where he ended up President whereas Elliot was born in Eastbourne. There is also a 50 year age gap between the two of them.
    Hooper was MOM too
  • edited July 2021
    I see Kent have changed their Twitter handle from Kent Spitfires to Kent McSpitfires
  • Finch , Hooper and Singh haven’t done their chances of getting a contract any harm at all over these past few days …..
  • How can bairstow and Morgan play for England and not billings for Kent when they all started isolating at the same time?
    Because Billings is in the England squad and bubble but hasn't been selected by them. And he still has just 84 runs for the season for County and Country this season and we are in the middle of July!

Edit - he isn't in the England squad but "ECB protocol" prevents him from playing. It must be something to do with going from one bubble to another
    Same with Sam Curran but Jacks was allowed to play for us! weird.  
  • Finch , Hooper and Singh haven’t done their chances of getting a contract any harm at all over these past few days …..
    Only issue with Hooper is whether they want to sign two left arm spinners with Logan in the frame too. Qadri is still under contract but hasn't fulfilled his potential and I'm not sure whether O'Riordan will get a new contract. Then we have options with Leaning, Denly and Blake plus we might sign someone like Qais Ahmad again next season.

I don't see how they can afford not to offer Jas a contract simply because, if they don't, someone like Surrey will purely from the perspective of potential. 

Finch is a real pro - my son played with him earlier this season and he says that he was as helpful as anyone he has ever batted with in terms of plans against the various types of bowling and is a really decent guy too. I hope that we reward him with one for his commitment because even if he isn't always in the first team, he has the knowledge to help those coming through when playing for the 2s.
    I imagine someone like Jas Singh is in a different category to the other players, as a genuine youngster and one to develop for the future. The others (like Hooper and Finch) are pros in their mid 20s who never made it other counties (Sussex)

Finch for example has  FC average of 27 which is nothing special on the face of it. Is he better than that and worth a longer deal?
  • Any other youngsters in with a shot of a contract next year ? 
  • When is the QF draw?
  • Sponsored links:

• Don’t think there is a draw. If we come top of the south we play at home vs 4th in the north group. 
  • I'm sure we can all argue who should be in which of these teams but this is a reflection of  Kent's depth of squad:

1st X1

Zac Crawley 
    Jordan Cox 
    Joe Denly 
    Jack Leaning 
    Ollie Robinson 
    Daniel Bell-Drummond
    Darren Stevens 
    Matt Milnes 
    Adam Milne
    Harry Podmore  
    Qais Ahmad 

2nd XI

George Munsey 
    Harry Finch 
    Heino Kuhn 
    Sam Billings 
    Tawanda Muyeye 
    Alex Blake
    Grant Stewart 
    Nathan Gilchrist 
    James Logan 
    Fred Klaassen 
    Matt Quinn 

3rd XI

Joe Gordon 
    Harry Houillon 
    Calum MacLeod
    Marcus O'Riordan 
    Dan Lincoln 
    Elliot Hooper 
    Tim Groenewald 
    Bailey Wightman 
    Hamidullah Qadri 
    Safyaan Sharif 
    Jaskaran Singh 

Only issue with Hooper is whether they want to sign two left arm spinners with Logan in the frame too. Qadri is still under contract but hasn't fulfilled his potential and I'm not sure whether O'Riordan will get a new contract. Then we have options with Leaning, Denly and Blake plus we might sign someone like Qais Ahmad again next season.

I don't see how they can afford not to offer Jas a contract simply because, if they don't, someone like Surrey will purely from the perspective of potential. 

Finch is a real pro - my son played with him earlier this season and he says that he was as helpful as anyone he has ever batted with in terms of plans against the various types of bowling and is a really decent guy too. I hope that we reward him with one for his commitment because even if he isn't always in the first team, he has the knowledge to help those coming through when playing for the 2s.
    I imagine someone like Jas Singh is in a different category to the other players, as a genuine youngster and one to develop for the future. The others (like Hooper and Finch) are pros in their mid 20s who never made it other counties (Sussex)

Finch for example has  FC average of 27 which is nothing special on the face of it. Is he better than that and worth a longer deal?
    I'm sure Finch would be more than happy with a two year deal. As I say he won't necessarily be an automatic 1st team pick but he is incredibly knowledgeable and will be a big help to the youngsters in the 2s. Equally, he's not let us down in either the CC or T20 and will be very handy to have around when that "other" comp is taking place.
  • Any other youngsters in with a shot of a contract next year ? 
    Not sure - Joe Gordon is an outsider for one. Joe McCaffrey, son of broadcaster Rob, is a promising leggie but is only 17. It also depends on how many of our out of contract players are let go and our budget. A lot can also happen between now and next April with respect to players being released from other Counties.

I'm sure Finch would be more than happy with a two year deal. As I say he won't necessarily be an automatic 1st team pick but he is incredibly knowledgeable and will be a big help to the youngsters in the 2s. Equally, he's not let us down in either the CC or T20 and will be very handy to have around when that "other" comp is taking place.
    It'll be interesting how the counties cope with the 100/ 50 over clash, you imagine a few "free agents" will get employment as a result

It'll be interesting how the counties cope with the 100/ 50 over clash, you imagine a few "free agents" will get employment as a result
    It will be full of 2nd xl and academy players.

ECB has written it off as a comp. think the counties will do as well . 
  • Don’t think there is a draw. If we come top of the south we play at home vs 4th in the north group. 
    Yes, but who plays on the Tuesday, Wednesday etc
  • So now I have covid I can't go to tomorrow or on Wednesday. AS Tickets are named and they check I think I've just lost out. O well watch it on my laptop.