Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Rochdale | Tues 12 January | 7pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    No consistency with Covid rules, one player with his nose hanging out a mask, two players not wearing masks at all and the person who is supposed to setting an example LB, also not wearing a mask.  
  • Options
    Who’s the second player in the video? Looks like Inniss 
    Gunter?
  • Options
    We have to win tonight, how we do it is not really of much consequence at the moment. Looking at the fixture list I don’t think I realised how tough (on paper) our run in is. Our final eight games are Doncaster (currently 4th), Lincoln (1st), Sunderland (10th), Ipswich (8th), Plymouth (15th), Peterborough (5th), Accrington (6th) and Hull (1st).

So in the final eight games we play five of the top six plus Sunderland & Ipswich. That means we need to get to match 38 with a very decent points haul if we’re going to do anything this season and that has to mean beating relegation candidates at home.

Rochdale certainly seem capable of scoring goals, and we don’t seem to be able to keep them out, so creating our own opportunities is going to be vitally important.
  • Options
    Guessing a 1-0 loss.
  • Options
    Looks like a 4 2 3 1 tonight Williams starts and jfk and Gilbey as holding midfield
    smyth Williams millar and aneke providing the goals 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    We'll score a hatful.  That would be just like us.
  • Options
    Charwill said:
    Looks like a 4 2 3 1 tonight Williams starts and jfk and Gilbey as holding midfield
    smyth Williams millar and aneke providing the goals 
    Curbs just said "three at the back, Millar up front with Chucks", so 3-5-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Honestly & yes it prob gets asked every week,but could someone please please tell me what the fuck this lot do in training....
  • Options
    AddickRam said:
    If he can't sort the defence out we're stuffed. It's obviously a problem with injuries but that's where we are and he has to stop us shipping so many goals.

We've conceded two goals a game in the last five games which at L1 level is pretty poor. We don't have the attacking threat to get round this.

I just hope we don't concede early.

Only half the problem for me, it's the midfield that needs sorting win that midfield battle concede less chances & create more. Midfield look unorganised, lacklustre, slow, lethargic along with getting needless bookings and giving away free-kicks around our penalty box.

Accrington had 20 attempts on goal pretty much every team this season has had double figures in attempts against us even when we have won it's been because we was more clinical at finishing on those occasions.

We have played 4-4-2, 5-3-2, 4-3-3...  it doesn't matter what system we still get overrun either we don't keep possession and get pegged back invite pressure or we have possession and get caught out too easy on the counter. 

And my point is being proven yet again. 

Need to win and retain the ball in midfield, cut out the service. We are far too slow in the press, slow to track, slow to slide and screen. Noone able to break up play and dictate the tempo. 

Cullen is the man we haven't replaced. 

Another needless free-kick and booking. 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    We'll score a hatful.  That would be just like us.
    Please, please ... no applause.

Please.  You can stop now.