Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Rochdale | Tues 12 January | 7pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Despite the fact I think it was the wrong team then, so is still the wrong team now, he has got to start the same team as Friday night. 

If he believes it was his best team, and formation, then, he must believe its his best team now.  No one has come back from injury/suspension. 

Just don't sub your center forward off at half time, if you really want Chuks on take someone else off and change the formation. 
    Could have easily taken off a CM and brought on Chuks, Millar and Smyth could have then dropped to the LM & RM positions.
  • Options
    I’m going to watch my new washer-dryer spin for 90 minutes, that’ll be less turgid
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Despite the fact I think it was the wrong team then, so is still the wrong team now, he has got to start the same team as Friday night. 

If he believes it was his best team, and formation, then, he must believe its his best team now.  No one has come back from injury/suspension. 

Just don't sub your center forward off at half time, if you really want Chuks on take someone else off and change the formation. 
    Could have easily taken off a CM and brought on Chuks, Millar and Smyth could have then dropped to the LM & RM positions.
    He could have done loads of things to get Chuks on, other than take Washington off. 

It would be intresting if he ever throws Schwartz under the Bogle bus....... 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I presume Bowyer wanted to keep the five in midfield to combat the five in Accrington's - I agree with you though Dazzler, Washington's issue was he needed a strike partner, the bloke chases everything if he's asked to but when he's dealing with an opposition with the height they had then he needs help
  • Options
    Comfortable 4-0 home win (sorry happyvalley) ;)
  • Options
    Nah sorry, HappyValley says it better
  • Options
    Nah sorry, HappyValley says it better
    Sticks and Stones etc etc etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-2 draw. More bad defending.
  • Options
    It's almost impossible trying to predict Charlton atm.
    2-1.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Sad to say not even sure if I will purchase the stream atm. Bowyer appears to be hinting the same midfield will start. 

Perhaps I'll wait to see the 11 and try to work out the line up before deciding what to do. Can't see us getting anything at Bristol if we don't win here, so praying for a scrappy 1-0. 
  • Options
    I bought the stream already as part of the November bundle.
  • Options
    Oh yeah cheers for reminding me!! - Had an email the other day confirming I had the stream yet had already forgotten and was beginning to wonder when I'll be able to use my CAFC Cash
  • Options
    We were oveloaded with midfielders - now Maddison Watson Doughty Shinney injured Pratley banned Levitt back to Mancs and Lapslie and Otzumer out on loan.
  • Options
    0-1 and the dross continues sadly.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    The players have been well and truly called out for their lack of effort and I think they will have to show up on Tuesday. Out of professional pride if anything. They have to prove a point now. 

I think we turn the corner. 0-1.
  • Options
    Want to see washington and aneke start and a 442 formation., with a more physical midfield.
  • Options
    Want to see washington and aneke start and a 442 formation., with a more physical midfield.
    Who is the more physical midfield when we only have F-Caskey, Morgan, Gilbey, and Williams who can play in a more central role. Williams only if it’s 4-3-3.

The other option would be as @Redrobo mentioned and have Oshilaja in there.

I suppose you could have Maatsen in midfield but again you’re playing players out of position. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Against all odds, we will keep a clean sheet, against all anticipation we will not score a goal - 0-0 and a lot more frustration to read through on here after...
  • Options
    To be honest I'm still not really sure what our best side or formation is,I liked the 4-3-3 set up but thought we was totally out battled and ultimately out played by Stanley, but I do agree that this is a big game for LB, I'm more than a little uncomfortable with the public criticism of players, but as ever hoping for the best 2-1.
  • Options
    Same here

I don't even have the option of not buying the stream in protest at the poor performances  :D
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    It feels weird that last season we had Dempsey starting against top Championship sides like Swansea and West Brom, whereas he's currently on loan at Woking

I don't think he's good enough as a long term solution, but in the short term he's probably a better replacement for the likes of Pratley and Watson in midfield than the more attacking Morgan and Gilbey
  • Options
    A back to basics game feels needed. It might not be pretty to watch, but the team really does need a more solid foundation to build on. 

The midfield actually concerned me more than anything else on Friday. The space that Accrington had every time they crossed the halfway line to attack was bizarre. 

As long as we don’t concede more than 1 goal, I’ll be content for this game. Obviously, 3 points is ideal, but I’ll take a 0-0 or 1-1 and we can build from that. 

Having seen the other results over the weekend, points wise it’s no disaster, and a little bit of resurgent form should easily get us back in the play off spots. 

• Options
    I cannot see LB leaving Gilbey out of his starting 11, he is like Watson and Pratley, they must always play no matter how bad they played in the previous game. 
  • Options
    As others have suggested, three at the back I think is the way to go! A clean sheet should be the priority! I think this has been the case for a few games now but this time round we unfortunately do not have the personnel to do it. Maybe bring Barker back in? As much as we do have our issues in defence, I really do feel it is our midfield where we are struggling the most!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Play like we did Friday and it’s 4-0 us
    Law of averages (i said this before Fridays loss) we can’t keep being shit and we weren’t, so this time we are playing a relegation threatened team and we’ll grab a win .

We’re better off with a load of midweek games cos we’ve done shit with all the one game a week of recent times .