Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager, realistic options

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Come home Pards  :):)

I’ve seen people on CL banged up for less than that offensive comment.
    Fixed that for you mate 😉.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    iaitch said:

Definitely a comment worthy of ten years breaking rocks in the noonday sun RC.

Glad to see Santa must’ve delivered K  ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    RedChaser said:
    iaitch said:

Definitely a comment worthy of ten years breaking rocks in the noonday sun RC.

Glad to see Santa must’ve delivered K  ;)
    He did thanks👍. Hope things are ok with your good lady 🙏.
  • Options
    Rochdale Manager anyone? - Thats twice now they've visited the Valley under Brian Barry-Murphy conceding four goals each time

He's certainly got them playing good Football

Would question if he's restrained by the fact that Rochdale are always going to be a smaller fish in a bigger pond at this level

So whilst his teams cant defend, could he do better in that area with better players to choose from?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    sammy391 said:
    Don’t think Jackson should be considered, and euell would need too much time. 

Not many league one managers I’d pinch, but could be a few further a field.

jorge Costa? 
    I see Claus Jensen is managing now, could he be worth a shot? 
     Shaun Bartlett has experience in management, as does Herman hreiðarsson- even Di Canio

Think it’s time to go for someone without a Charlton connection however 
    Not sure we want fascist salutes at The Valley.
  • Options
    Out of interest, how long would you give this new manager in League One before you’re hounding them out? 1 season, 2 seasons, more? 

Surely they have to win promotion at the first attempt if you’re not even willing to give Bowyer to the end of this season. 
    Alternatively, give Bowyer the boot if we lose Saturday.
    If the new geezer does not take us up this season then he needs to go.
  • Options
    Blimey you make us sound like Watford.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Out of interest, how long would you give this new manager in League One before you’re hounding them out? 1 season, 2 seasons, more? 

Surely they have to win promotion at the first attempt if you’re not even willing to give Bowyer to the end of this season. 
    I want continuity not this shit. 
  • Options
    Parky it is then. Unfinished business. You know it makes sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fact is. Bowyer either gets us promoted either this, next or even the season after or he will go. It’s completely in his hands as to him staying with the only question is how long will he be given ? 
  • Options
    The fact is. Bowyer either gets us promoted either this, next or even the season after or he will go. It’s completely in his hands as to him staying with the only question is how long will he be given ? 
    If we are mid table next December, having had a summer to build his side, NO WAY will Thomas not act, however much he might want to support Bowyer
  • Options
    Sandgaard should stick to his word and give Bowyer two seasons.  
  • Options

Give the new guy 3 years, same amount of time that Bowyer has had. Can’t be too trigger happy. 
  • Options
    Sandgaard should stick to his word and give Bowyer two seasons.  
    When managers are given 2 seasons to get promoted, it hardly ever means that they are given the whole of the 2 seasons if things aren't going well. If in the second season it's clear that promotion won't be achieved, that's when you make the change. Why keep until May a lame duck manager who knows he won't be retained?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Give the new guy 3 years, same amount of time that Bowyer has had. Can’t be too trigger happy. 
    Agreed, as long as he's suitable.

I blame Murray for the slide.  He should have kept hold of Dowie.
  • Options
    Curbs all day with Powell as assistant and JJ kept on as he’s JJ 
  • Options
    Any room for Sir Lennie?
  • Options
    Let’s get Jimmy Seed back too, and Sam Bartram can probably still do a job in goal!
  • Options
    Bob Bolder as goalkeeper coach.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Why don’t we give Les Reed another go? I have no doubt that he’s the man for the job!
  • Options
    How about we keep supporting Bowyer, who seems to have turned our fortunes around in the last week and stop suggesting previous managers as messianic saviours 
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    How about we keep supporting Bowyer, who seems to have turned our fortunes around in the last week and stop suggesting previous managers as messianic saviours 
    A scrappy away win and conceding 4 at home to rochdale isn’t turning our fortunes around! It was a welcome win but bowyer isn’t out of the woods yet. 

The clean sheet and three points is hopefully the start of a good run but our fortunes haven’t changed yet
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    se9addick said:
    Bowyer has had a very difficult year without any time to recuperate, poor bloke must me knackered and needs help to see the season through.
    My suggestion is use Curbs on a part time basis to give Bowyer support.
    I think if your resorting to bringing someone else in then you are acknowledging the problem but just can’t bring yourself to say what the real solution is.
    Yup. Let’s all just shut up and support our manager and team.
    Ok, will do. As long as you don't mind finishing outside the top 6 because the manager insists on playing right backs at left back, left backs on the right of midfield & refusing to play our 2 most creative players whilst filling the team full of defensive midfielders. 

In the meantime I will support the TEAM not the manager. 
    Williams and Maddison! 😂

You may laugh at the thought of Williams and Maddison being our most creative players but the fact remains that they are. They may not be to your liking but they’re what we’ve got. Who else is going to do things that are a little bit different? Or are you happy just to have the ball lumped forward to Aneke, Schwartz or Washington and hope for the best?
    I like Jonny as a player and a guy but I’d like to know how many assists he has got , especially outside that 8 week window last season, which in my view was his only really good spell for the club.
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    A scrappy away win and conceding 4 at home to rochdale isn’t turning our fortunes around! It was a welcome win but bowyer isn’t out of the woods yet. 

The clean sheet and three points is hopefully the start of a good run but our fortunes haven’t changed yet
    I don’t agree - a clean sheet, sone attacking football, some good individual performances and a win. Felt very different to recent games.
  • Options
    Paul Cook has reportedly turned down the Wednesday job after they offered him a six month contract.
  • Options
    Paul Cook has reportedly turned down the Wednesday job after they offered him a six month contract.
    I heard he only wanted a big club. Not a massive one.
  • Options
    Eddie Howe appears to be taking that rejection from Charlton really hard, doesnt want to return to Management until the summer

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11787/12268766/eddie-howe-not-close-to-joining-any-club-and-will-delay-return-until-the-summer
  • Options
    My moneys on Nigel Adkins.