Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager, realistic options

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Baggy behaviour 
    Agreed. Incredibly disrespectful.

"No loyalty in football" they whine. It seems not.

If I could be bothered to look it up I wonder how many of the people on this thread who are so ready to completely write off our current manager were also slagging off the likes of Taylor, Grant, Doughty, etc, for wanting to move on.

It's at times like these I realise that I don't think I have very much in common with the modern day football "fan", which unfortunately includes a large chunk of our own fan base - totally spoilt and entitled by the "product" of the Premier League, Champions League, Sky Sports and everyone thinking their a fucking tactical genius because they are good on FIFA.

Goodnight.
    Don’t worry, Lee Hendrie assured us that Championship clubs would be lining up for his services - he’ll be fine! 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    “You whores” 😂😂😂

That’s me done with Charlton Life for the evening, night all!
  • Options
    Can you pay a manager what they want at L1 level? I’d entice the Accrington manager away. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    To anyone calling me out for starting this thread, bore off you whores, it's called discussion. 

The irony. 
  • Options
    Cowley's or Curbs for me. The latter isn't on sentimental value but he knows the clubs and seems to disagree with some of Bowyers more ignorant policies when speaking on VP.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    sam3110 said:
    To anyone calling me out for starting this thread, bore off you whores, it's called discussion. 

The irony. 
    What's ironic about it? People having a go for merely starting a topic of discussion without actually contributing to it in any way is stupid, and has no place here. So they can bore off. Nothing ironic about it, if they actually comment on the topic in hand and discuss it there's no issue, but coming along and saying it's "baggy" or "disrespectful" to start a conversation about potential Bowyer replacements isn't constructive in any way.
  • Options
    Can you pay a manager what they want at L1 level? I’d entice the Accrington manager away. 
    Not covered by the salary cap which seems to cover on field expense only. Employ Pep and Klopp as joint managers, with Mourinho as defensive coach  :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Sorry but this thread is at least three weeks too LATE
    Amended for you.
  • Options
    Paul Cook
    Powell
    Curbs
    Gus Poyet
    Danny Cowley
    Mick McCarthy

Probably not Curbs. Been out the game too long and we need to be looking forward not back. I also wouldn't want someone who is there atm - so no JJ or Euell. 

Having watched the game on Sky tonight I would have Paul Cook in a heartbeat but he's a Northern lad and a feel the SW job will be his pretty soon.

So if not Cook I'd say Howe, Cowley or Mick McCarthy. The latter would be majorly despised but he'd righten the ship for starters. 

But as I've always said - you don't know who's available until you advertise the job. You'd be surprised at who would take it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Off_it said:
    sam3110 said:

The irony. 
    What's ironic about it? People having a go for merely starting a topic of discussion without actually contributing to it in any way is stupid, and has no place here. So they can bore off. Nothing ironic about it, if they actually comment on the topic in hand and discuss it there's no issue, but coming along and saying it's "baggy" or "disrespectful" to start a conversation about potential Bowyer replacements isn't constructive in any way.
    "Anyone who doesn't agree with my thread and contribute to it in the way I want is not being constructive and they can bore off ". 

The whole topic is disrespectful. That IS my view and comment. You might not like it, but then you know what to do ....
  • Options
    But it's not disrespectful in any way. I'm not calling for his head like I said, I'm merely asking the question. We've shipped at least 2 goals in our last 5 games in a row, we've won one game in 7 and our manager is calling players out left right and centre. We have a new owner with big ambitions and deep pockets, meaning we are now an attractive proposition to other managers. And yet apparently it's disrespectful to even hypothesis about it. 

What, pray tell, would have to happen before it's ok in your eyes to start this conversation? Ship 4 goals every game? Drop into the relegation zone? Bowyer K.Oing a player in the centre circle because they didn't 2 foot a player from behind when he thought they should have done?
  • Options
    I think , considering the first player TS bought was Danish it is likely the replacement management  team would be Danish  or German. 
    Michael Laudrup it is then! 😄
  • Options
    Sacked by Rochdale inside 12 months because of a bad run of form. Not sure he can do it outside of Accrington...
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Paul Cook is the obvious answer if he doesn’t end up at Sheffield Wednesday.

If we were to look at potentials from inside our own league, I’d suggest Ryan Lowe at Plymouth or Russell Martin at MK Dons. Appleton ain’t leaving Lincoln for another League One job. Not until the summer if his team bottle it.

Kind it puts it into perspective re: what’s out there, doesn’t it?
  • Options
    After all Bowyer has done for us....

...keep the faith for a fair while longer

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Baggy behaviour 
    Agreed. Incredibly disrespectful.

"No loyalty in football" they whine. It seems not.

If I could be bothered to look it up I wonder how many of the people on this thread who are so ready to completely write off our current manager were also slagging off the likes of Taylor, Grant, Doughty, etc, for wanting to move on.

It's at times like these I realise that I don't think I have very much in common with the modern day football "fan", which unfortunately includes a large chunk of our own fan base - totally spoilt and entitled by the "product" of the Premier League, Champions League, Sky Sports and everyone thinking their a fucking tactical genius because they are good on FIFA.

Goodnight.
    Spot on
  • Options

Fickle fans who nearly didn’t have a club a few months ago. Success for any club isn’t guaranteed - it’s a game. Entitled fans do nothing for the game. 
  • Options

Fickle fans who nearly didn’t have a club a few months ago. Success for any club isn’t guaranteed - it’s a game. Entitled fans do nothing for the game. 
    Just because we nearly went into admin doesn’t mean we have to accept 2-0 defeats every week. Just because we nearly went into admin, doesn’t mean the manager can throw players under the bus each week.

entitled fans have battled to save the club on more than one occasion now. We didn’t battle to accept mid table league 1. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Bowyer stays or leaves whoever is in charge next season is going to have a huge challenge on their hands. Need almost a brand new squad whilst staying within a salary cap.

• Options
    Just out of interest. I presume Manager and Coaching Staff salaries do not fall under the 'salary cap'?
  • Options
    Somebody who picks players in their right positions, somebody who doesn’t slag his players off in public and somebody who can string a sentence together.
  • Options
    Surely it's now the time to go out and get the one that got away - it's time for Nobby Vinegar!
  • Options
    ...it's really not! Bowyer needs until at the very least the end of the season. 
  • Options
    Curbs til the end of the season and reevaluate then for me.

Failing that Danny Cowley
  • Options
    been discussed on here before .. The Cowleys, Paul Cook, and there could well be a manager in Europe who we've never heard of who is perfect for the job ..  a lot of successful clubs are currently managed by foreigners, Brentford, Barnsley, as well as a host of premier clubs .. perhaps they bring fresh tactical ideas and man management skills which too many English managers and wannabes lack
  • Options
    been discussed on here before .. The Cowleys, Paul Cook, and there could well be a manager in Europe who we've never heard of who is perfect for the job ..  a lot of successful clubs are currently managed by foreigners, Brentford, Barnsley, as well as a host of premier clubs .. perhaps they bring fresh tactical ideas and man management skills which too many English managers and wannabes lack
    Unfortunately you just know any foreign Manager will see Sandgaard instantly compared to Roland, especially on Social Media
  • Options
    Bowyer for me