Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager, realistic options

Comments

• Options
    been discussed on here before .. The Cowleys, Paul Cook, and there could well be a manager in Europe who we've never heard of who is perfect for the job ..  a lot of successful clubs are currently managed by foreigners, Brentford, Barnsley, as well as a host of premier clubs .. perhaps they bring fresh tactical ideas and man management skills which too many English managers and wannabes lack
    Unfortunately you just know any foreign Manager will see Sandgaard instantly compared to Roland, especially on Social Media
    lol I don't see that Sandy has been here long enough to have been tainted with the pestilent Rolanditis .. perhaps Sandy knows a Dane or two who can sail to the rescue, work visas provided of course
  • Options
    Ged Roddy would be the main person choosing the next manager not Thomas
  • Options
    Probably be Sandgaard's say but with influence from both Roddy and Gallen
  • Options
    Wouldn't surprise me if Roddy has a lot to say in it all. He is Sandgaard's ear on the ground & is probably talking to people right now.
  • Options
    I honestly think Curbs will be our next manager. I don't go with the "been out of the game too long" comments. He's never been out of the game, just out of management. A "must have" would be a good experienced asst man that will have his finger on the pulse with regards of more modern training methods etc.

It's gonna happen, just a matter of when................. ;-)
  • Options
    This thread is really bad taste, we have a manager who as far as we are concerned has the job for the long run. Why would a thread be open discussing who are next manager will be? 

Some of us are moaning that he is openly criticising players yet are happy to discuss a man's career on an open forum? Genuinely getting wound up now, he deserves a lot better than a thread like this.

Showing some real s**t stained colours at the moment we are, seeing it on twitter as well. 
    In your opinion
  • Options
    This thread is really bad taste, we have a manager who as far as we are concerned has the job for the long run. Why would a thread be open discussing who are next manager will be? 

Some of us are moaning that he is openly criticising players yet are happy to discuss a man's career on an open forum? Genuinely getting wound up now, he deserves a lot better than a thread like this.

Showing some real s**t stained colours at the moment we are, seeing it on twitter as well. 
    Fully agree. Today's disposable society. It's as if some people want to treat life like losing a game on FIFA - just turn it off and start again.
  • Options
    I honestly think Curbs will be our next manager. I don't go with the "been out of the game too long" comments. He's never been out of the game, just out of management. A "must have" would be a good experienced asst man that will have his finger on the pulse with regards of more modern training methods etc.

It's gonna happen, just a matter of when................. ;-)
    After the Rochdale game if we lose!

Just can't help feeling that TS will only allow this drop in form to carry on for a bit. He wants the play offs as a minimum but based on the last two months I can't see it happening.

I think Curbs could be a temp appointment until the end of the season but for me I can't support LB anymore not when he says that Pratley and Watson would not have allowed the game to pan out last night the way it did... This is the same Watson that went on a mystery walkabout for Plymouths first goal and the Pratley gets sent off for being an idiot...

Absolute tosh from LB and it can't be defended anymore. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Lee walks.....Gus Poyet for me. Attractive football, good contacts in the game. Look what he did at Sunderland, and knows the club.   
  • Options
    If Lee walks.....Gus Poyet for me. Attractive football, good contacts in the game. Look what he did at Sunderland, and knows the club.   
    How does he?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Baggy behaviour 
    Agreed. Incredibly disrespectful.

"No loyalty in football" they whine. It seems not.

If I could be bothered to look it up I wonder how many of the people on this thread who are so ready to completely write off our current manager were also slagging off the likes of Taylor, Grant, Doughty, etc, for wanting to move on.

It's at times like these I realise that I don't think I have very much in common with the modern day football "fan", which unfortunately includes a large chunk of our own fan base - totally spoilt and entitled by the "product" of the Premier League, Champions League, Sky Sports and everyone thinking their a fucking tactical genius because they are good on FIFA.

Goodnight.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Off_it said:

Fully agree. Today's disposable society. It's as if some people want to treat life like losing a game on FIFA - just turn it off and start again.
    It's really wound me up, I'll stress again I have no issues with him being questioned on the post match thread, but making a thread like this is outrageous.

I wonder if people would be this comfortable talking about Lee like this at an open press conference, no chance. 

I'll make it clear in anger I did say on a previous thread that Bowyer has played crap football and wouldn't be that saddened to see him go. I also said that I don't think him and TS are a good fit which is exactly why you should sleep on it before post on a post match Charlton thread. Nonsense post by myself
  • Options
    How does he?
    Through his son I guess... 
  • Options
    How does he?
    Where did his son Diego learn his trade?
  • Options
    How does he?
    His son was in Charltons academy set up. 
  • Options

In your opinion
    Which should be by far and away the majority opinion. I am a proud Charlton fan and pride myself on how level headed our fans are. This thread derails that completely. 

Imagine Lee coming on the forum and seeing this s**t. Critique his management in a post match thread whatever, make a thread implying he should be sacked, disgusting.

The thread should be removed. It's bang out of order 
    In fairness I wouldn't personally have started it. I don't quite feel it's "disgusting", but yes it is bad taste. Although not quite sure what the difference is stating he should be sacked on the post match thread to on this one. 
  • Options
    How does he?
    His son was in Charltons academy set up. 
    I know, but that hardly qualifies for knowing the club surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How does he?
    Where did his son Diego learn his trade?
    How does that constitute knowing the club? Diego was a first team player for a few months. Gus might know a little bit about Steve Avory but that's about it. Either way I don't think he would be a good appointment. 
  • Options
    No. I am not one for Bowyer out..... I am not just saying it on sentimental grounds. Sandgaard's aim is to get us in the Premier League. It would not have escaped his mind that there is a certain person available that took us up to the promised land, kept us there for 7yrs with limited budget who bought us some of the greatest years in our time who has experiment and knowledge of the game. Has managed both in the Championship and Premiership?  Fits like a glove. Reckon he will take it if offered?   Stranger things have happened. 
  • Options

In your opinion
    Which should be by far and away the majority opinion. I am a proud Charlton fan and pride myself on how level headed our fans are. This thread derails that completely. 

Imagine Lee coming on the forum and seeing this s**t. Critique his management in a post match thread whatever, make a thread implying he should be sacked, disgusting.

In fairness I wouldn't personally have started it. I don't quite feel it's "disgusting", but yes it is bad taste. Although not quite sure what the difference is stating he should be sacked on the post match thread to on this one. 
    It is disgusting imo, I am guilty of a knee jerk post towards Bowyer saying we play boring and wouldn't be that upset if we had a new manager, which I'll admit was a terrible post by me and it was in the moment. I've reflected and it's not acceptable, we wouldn't be this comfortable discussing his career infront of him so I don't see why we should be here. 

I've realised how big club entitlement it all is and it's just got to me a bit today. He deserves better than his supporters making a pre emptive sacking thread about him 
  • Options

In your opinion

It is disgusting imo, I am guilty of a knee jerk post towards Bowyer saying we play boring and wouldn't be that upset if we had a new manager, which I'll admit was a terrible post by me and it was in the moment. I've reflected and it's not acceptable, we wouldn't be this comfortable discussing his career infront of him so I don't see why we should be here. 

I've realised how big club entitlement it all is and it's just got to me a bit today. He deserves better than his supporters making a pre emptive sacking thread about him 
    I agree with you there, although I think that is the minority. I think the majority are perfectly entitled to discuss their opinions and are doing so fairly. 

Fair point about discussing his career, but personally if I had 10 minutes with Bowyer I'd feel very comfortable saying that I don't think his public humiliation of players is fair and that I feel he has become too negative. 

I actually feel you're being hard on yourself. I don't think what you said was that bad at all, we are playing boring and there's no shame in making comments heat of the moment. 

Put it this way, if Fraeye, Luzon or even Robinson had done what Bowyer has been doing recently they would be getting pelters. Robinson still gets pelters because of his insistence on playing the same formation and talking too much. Bowyer is getting an easy time from quite a few IMO. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021

In your opinion

Yet LB seems to think criticising a player in very strong terms on the media is fine?  He can dish it out I am sure he will have no problem with this.
    I am 100% confident if he saw a thread made about him and the general consensus on that particular thread was that he should be replaced he would be sickened. 

I'll say it again, if we were winning no one would give a crap what he says to the press. It's being used to push an agenda.

When he openly called Steve Evans a fat bloke we laughed and agreed with him, I imagine if he did that now it would be posts of 'oh look now he's venting at other managers cause he's losing' 'he might be fat Lee but at least he can get his team playing' 

It's genuinely pathetic 

Before someone tries being smart and saying Evans isn't Charlton I am perfectly aware, the point is we don't care what he does or says when he's winning 
  • Options

In your opinion

Yet LB seems to think criticising a player in very strong terms on the media is fine?  He can dish it out I am sure he will have no problem with this.
    I am 100% confident if he saw a thread made about him and the general consensus was that he should be replaced he would be sickened. 

I'll say it again, if we were winning no one would give a crap what he says to the press. It's being used to push an agenda.

When he openly called Steve Evans a fat bloke we laughed and agreed with him, I imagine if he did that now it would be posts of 'oh look now he's venting at other managers cause he's losing' 'he might be fat Lee but at least he can get his team playing' 

It's genuinely pathetic 

Before someone tries being smart and saying Evans isn't Charlton I am perfectly aware, the point is we don't care what he does or says when he's winning 
    Disagree. Personally I would still be angry with Bowyer's comment about Maddison last night even if we had won. Also don't think it's fair to say about pushing an agenda because I am 99% sure Bowyer wouldn't have said it had we won. So that's surely hypocritical. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I think we should just go with Liam Millar as Player / Manager 
  • Options
    Whats Lennie Lawrence doing?
  • Options
    edited January 2021

In your opinion

I agree with you there, although I think that is the minority. I think the majority are perfectly entitled to discuss their opinions and are doing so fairly. 

Fair point about discussing his career, but personally if I had 10 minutes with Bowyer I'd feel very comfortable saying that I don't think his public humiliation of players is fair and that I feel he has become too negative. 

I actually feel you're being hard on yourself. I don't think what you said was that bad at all, we are playing boring and there's no shame in making comments heat of the moment. 

Put it this way, if Fraeye, Luzon or even Robinson had done what Bowyer has been doing recently they would be getting pelters. Robinson still gets pelters because of his insistence on playing the same formation and talking too much. Bowyer is getting an easy time from quite a few IMO. 
    I agree I don't think it's fair, I called it out early doors that it wasn't ideal what he is doing, BUT it is undeniable it is being used as fuel now, it's not as bad to be made out and sorry to be a parrot but if we were winning we would be calling whichever player Bowyer was critisicing a toxic player for the club. 

As for comfortability in speaking to Bowyer I don't think people would have trouble, I do however believe if Lee directly heard our thoughts we would be far less gung ho, it's just all a bit keyboard warrior to me and it's something I didn't see us as 

Appreciate you don't think it's that bad but I am genuinely embarrassed by my post reading it back. We have been playing boring yes and I don't like seeing it but saying I am not against seeing a manager go is everything wrong with modern football. 

I agree they would but that's for seperate reasons, they managers seen as forced upon us (Fraeye and Luzon) Robbo was unfortunate imo. Good eye for a player and wanted to play football the right way, just didn't know how to shake it up when he needed to, I feel like Bowyer is going through the same motions but can turn it around