Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager, realistic options

Comments

• Paul Cook
    Powell
    Curbs
    Gus Poyet
    Danny Cowley
    Mick McCarthy

• Really??? After what he has done for our club over the last 3 shit years you want to out him over a dip in form??? FFS

• I think I'd be interested to see how the Cowley brothers do building the team from those suggested. Cook obviously seems a good shout too.

To throw out some other names who are around, is Gus Poyet less outrageous than it sounds because of his local connection? Guess he actually hasn't been particularly good in a while though.
  • Mike Flynn (Newport) | Matty Taylor (Exeter) | Mike Duff (Cheltenham) if we're looking for someone up and coming, although Flynn isnt new to Management

I look at those currently in League One and wonder if someone like David Artell (Crewe) might be the way forward, get someone in with fresh ideas rather than a dinosaur, the rest dont really inspire me

Danny Cowley wouldnt be a bad option from the list of Managers currently out of work, have read comments that his brand of Football isnt pretty by any means

You can certainly forget a Manager who is currently in the Championship like Nathan Jones or Gareth Ainsworth, especially the latter who has been fiercely loyal to Wycombe... Whilst Nathan Jones has had his wings burnt once by leaving Luton for a so called bigger club I wonder if he'd want to take the risk again - Trying to think of those who have previously managed in the Championship and are currently out of work: Phillip Cocu perhaps if we wanted to try and go for a "name"

Be interested to see what Sandgaard would do and what approach he'll take if he decides to part ways with Bowyer...

This is a new industry to him, he'll want to find someone he can work well with, and it might well be someone none of us like so if Bowyer does go... Be prepared!!
  • Really??? After what he has done for our club over the last 3 shit years you want to out him over a dip in form??? FFS

A dip in form we can tolerate but to get out of that dip the manager has to have his players behind him but I really don’t think that is the case now.
  • After listening to Curbs on VP would love to see him back. Whether he is too old or would want the job is another question. He just talks so much common sense. An example when he said he would have a go at half time at Brownie because he knew he could take it and some players can't. Well Lee I can tell you one thing Maddison is a player you cant say what you said about him to the press. Will be surprised to see him in a Charlton shirt again. 
  • Paul Cook
    Powell
    Curbs
    Gus Poyet
    Danny Cowley
    Mick McCarthy

Have you gone sensible answer, joke, sensible, joke, repeat?
  • Sponsored links:

• Paul Cook a good shout
  • Paul Cook
    Powell
    Curbs
    Gus Poyet
    Danny Cowley
    Mick McCarthy

Mick McCarthy still has a house in Bromley, which is being done up at the moment! 

Could do worse...
  • edited January 2021
    As a separate comment to put the "feelers" out based on what @orpingtonRED has just posted on the Post-Match Thread about a Danish Manager showing up

Michael Laudrup anyone? - Been out of work now since July 2018... Is a fellow Dane that Sandgaard can trust, what better than one of your own countrymen
  • As a separate comment to put the "feelers" out based on what @orpingtonRED has just posted on the Post-Match Thread about a Danish Manager showing up

Michael Laudrup anyone? - Been out of work now since July 2018...
    Ironically, I did the same ‘google search’ and laudrup caught my eye. Surely been out of management too long though
  • Neither for me, no more ex players who deserve time.

I want a tried and proven manager at this level or above with a promotion or two on his CV.  
    Paul Cook, promoted with Chesterfield and then got them to the League 1 play offs. Went to Pompey, promoted. Went to Wigan, promoted and would have kept them up if it wasn’t for the points deduction. I have faith he could get us up and keep us there.
    Was very good with Sligo Rovers in the league of Ireland before this. Sound bloke as well, had a few beers in his company during his Sligo days.
  • I don't know who but with an enthusiastic owner like TS I think we'd get a bigger name than you'd expect. 
    Big name manager. Surely not Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink?

• Baggy behaviour 
  • Paul Cook
    Powell
    Curbs
    Gus Poyet
    Danny Cowley
    Mick McCarthy

Haha no, I’ve just thrown some out of work managers into the mix really. I wouldn’t say any of them are particularly unrealistic though? Other than possibly Curbs If he has no interest in returning to management. 

Cook= Experience getting promotion.

Powell= Club legend, proven getting Promotion. 

Poyet= A more random suggestion but got Brighton promoted from league 1 playing very good attractive football. 

Cowley= Out of work, did a very good job with Lincoln. 

McCarthy= out of work, experienced and if I’m not mistaken lives or has got a house in the Bromley area. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think people should forget about Paul Cook

The bloke even said on Sky Sports tonight that he was talking to Sheffield Wednesday

If it doesnt happen with him admitting that, he's going to look a bit silly
  • Baggy behaviour 
    Told you about this before.
    A middle aged man shouldn't be using the word baggy.
  • If a change is needed I would offer Curbs the gig until the end of the season and assess long term options in the summer.
  • Paul Cook
    Powell
    Curbs
    Gus Poyet
    Danny Cowley
    Mick McCarthy

Haha no, I’ve just thrown some out of work managers into the mix really. I wouldn’t say any of them are particularly unrealistic though? Other than possibly Curbs If he has no interest in returning to management. 

Cook= Experience getting promotion.

Powell= Club legend, proven getting Promotion. 

Poyet= A more random suggestion but got Brighton promoted from league 1 playing very good attractive football. 

Cowley= Out of work, did a very good job with Lincoln. 

McCarthy= out of work, experienced and if I’m not mistaken lives or has got a house in the Bromley area. 
    Cook or Crowley out of that list.

I was in the bowyer stay camp until I heard his interview but the Maddison and Williams comments lost me.

Yet Pearce or maatsen don’t  get thrown under the bus for their performances 
  • edited January 2021
    Pissing myself at the suggestion of Eddie Howe. He will end up at Brighton/Palace/Fulham if he sits on his hands long enough. Even a third stint at Bournemouth. But yeah, he's definitely going to drop to the third tier to manage a team that has Jason Pearce and Deji Oshilaja at centre back with Jake Forster-Caskey and Albie Morgan in midfield.