Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton v Accrington | Fri 8 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    We used to look like scoring every match lately we don’t look like scoring at all 
  • Options
    Relegation maybe?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    What does Maatsen offer? Being our left-back throughout our good run and a generally good performer, maybe? He was defending well one-on-one today. Lost it in a bad spot for the 2nd goal when he should have headed it clear but we still didn't defend it well thereafter. He then did a bit of a headless chicken act, but he never hides and he has no little ability. Insane to make him one of the scapegoats compared to some of the dross we had out thee today. He showed a real understanding with Millar too.
    Come on, Leuth; who do you want to be playing there ?
    I’ve heard Bows is considering AMB next game 
  • Options
    Gilbey’s been a disgrace since his injury. Big signing - high wages. Done nothing whatsoever since he’s come back 
    he’s not been good but that was was one of his better games tonight . 
  • Options
    Yes another loss and bad performance but listen

We managed to get this team and squad assembled with no money, rushed and with a wage cap in a matter of weeks having for 2 years consistantly 
    Lost our best player

bowyer will have known it wld be a struggle and to be fair evn on that good run we had kept down plying it saying we are not where we need to be and shouldnt get carried away

clearly we havent got good enough players to be at or close to the top right now

in a normal season with no cap and with  gd owner like we now have we wld have a semi overhaul and add at least to the defense and midfield but simply we cant due to this poxy cap

a few months ago we nearly didnt have a club to even support and i think a few people need to chill out and realise that
    yes we aint playing great and have some sub standard players and yes bowyer has made mistakes but quite simply just to know we have a squad team and management to follow for years to come im happy with and wouldnt have it anyother way

people have short memories and bowyer has worked magic before lets not jump the gun here with all thats gone on to get us in this situation
  • Options
    Should we be doing better than that ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    I’m starting to think Bowyer was the right man at a bad time, but he isn’t the right man at this time. 
    Really, who else will be better?
    I mean lots of managers would be better. Of those that we could realistically attract, someone like Appleton would be a good shout (plus it would fulfil a long running prophecy on this site). 
  • Options
    Well this should be fun 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I’m starting to think Bowyer was the right man at a bad time, but he isn’t the right man at this time. 
    Really, who else will be better?
    John Coleman.
    No, I disagree. He’s built that club up over a number of years and works well at a small club. He’d be terrible here imo. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    kentred2 said:
    Big shout out for Gallen and his transfer wizardry for bringing in that bunch! 
    A post on another forum, suggesting similar has raised questions of Gallen. 

Whilst his hands have been tied, ultimately who has been a successful signing under gallen?

other than Taylor, Gallagher and famewo/innis 
  • Options
    Well that was my first opportunity to watch a full game this season, and what a treat.

I remain optimistic.

I think we have enough about us to stay up.
  • Options
    Gilbey was nowhere near our worst player but I’m still to see him play well. 
  • Options
    Would a crowd have made a difference I doubt it 
  • Options
    There is no way this squad is that bad. I repeat myself, I believe we have one, if not the best squad in this league. But, it’s now put together to produce one of the worst teams. I think we are demoralised, and devoid of confidence. That is the managers job to install that in his team. Bowyer, if anything would appear from outside, to be making things worse. Sorry, he looks to be the problem, not the solution. 
  • Options
    I thought Maatsen was good first half. Then they doubled up on Millar and Maatsen completely lost his head.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Constant tinkering has left us devoid of any pattern of play. Like a group of strangers out there 
    This. 

Its no surprise that the team that has made the least changes beats the team that has made the most.

You have to have a settled side. Only Amos has played every game this season - and we've only played 20 !! 

Pick you best players; play them in every game you can. We are not playing sat/tues/sat every week so there is no reason why they all cant play in every  game.

• Options
    Speechless, more mistakes and playing like complete strangers. The injuries and suspensions are no excuse. The set up, style and commitment on the pitch over the last 6 weeks has been all wrong. 

Liked Millar, wish Schwartz had 10 more minutes, thought Oshilaja did enough to stay in the side, otherwise, the only thing it inspired was a bad mood.
  • Options
    Bowyer hasn’t known his best team since half way through last season, even with the best squad league 1 has ever seen we only scraped play offs. As much as he is a fan favourite and always will be much like Powell a time comes when enough is enough and we’ve been there for a few weeks now. Get him out now and give someone else a chance while we’re still in a window and they have a chance to make a difference. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Awful yet again, bowyer is being out managed in most games now, we  just don’t seem to have a playing style, I don’t think the players know what it is, maybe because of so many changes game to game. We can’t keep going through the motions and hope something clicks. I know we’ve lost the two centre backs but Lee hasn’t addressed it in any way. A big decision needs to be made otherwise we are in this league which has suddenly got a few better sides in it now for quite a while. It is so gut wrenchingly disappointing after the boost of TS taking over. Bowyer just isn’t riding the wave that should be there after recent events. Fuming again.
  • Options
    Two defensive cock ups has cost today.. along with not playing our first eleven. Even when we kept the ball the first touches would be directed backwards, needing the player to turn to face forward, instead of a quick touch and keep moving forward. Terrible performance.
  • Options
    Other than the goals Amos did not have a shot to save,their keeper was called upon at least 6 times,we lost because we have gone from having the best defence in the div. to the worst,those goals were under 10 standard.We need to give Matsaan and Gunter a rest,Centre backs ,well we are stuck,although Oshi defended ok,Pearce looked shot.We cannot expect Williams to be at his best when he only comes on when we are in the shit and chasing the game,same about Maddison,although he is now obviously gone for a while.We have made the most team changes in the whole division,they have made the least and it showed.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Gilbey getting pelters again but he was far from the worst out there. Had some efforts on target in the first half, put some tackles in and a couple of gut busting runs
    Not doing enough for a “key signing” we spent all those wages on before the cap