Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton v Accrington | Fri 8 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    No passion, no commitment, no drive, no leadership, no togetherness, and tactically no idea.

The saving grace is that it’s Friday so hasn’t totally fucked up the weekend.
    Spot on we look like a bunch of strangers, even Bowyer looked devoid of passion on the touchline. I really wouldnt mind if we made a managerial change right as much as I love bows and dont reallly blame all of this on him but we really need lightning bolt to wake us up. 
  • Options
    Gilbey’s been a disgrace since his injury. Big signing - high wages. Done nothing whatsoever since he’s come back 
    I actually thought he looked quite bright in the second half, the best I’ve seen him play for us. Although that isn’t saying much, I’d keep him in the team for the next game as we need to find a settled team and maybe we will start to see the best of him over the next few weeks. He can’t keep making five changes every week....
  • Options
    At least he can't blame the fans.

I'm past caring if he goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is asking for the boot. Talking a load of shite. He has run out of ideas 
  • Options
    Stanley totally deserves the win, well played fellas but where we go I have no idea. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Woaaaaaaaaooooowwwww... Bows lost it, how can you scapegoat Maddisson!?!? 
    Ah Bows, don’t start that shit again
  • Options

Where to begin with that.  Some of my points are general and not just tonight.

That was appalling and embarrassing, outfought, outplayed, no ideas, no tactics or game plan, no communication and not up for it at all.

Pearce - what on Earth  was he doing, the last person on the pitch is expect to see let the ball bounce so criminally.  

Maatsen - he’s got worse week by week, could put it down to the team as there’s only so much influence you can have as a full back, but still what’s happened?

Gilbey & JFC - both are anonymous, both have no ideas or leadership, and look like they’re not up for a battle.  They are the opposite of what bowyer stood for as a player, he must be picking them because there is no one else cos I can’t see him tolerating them much longer.

Maddison - pulls out of tackles when he came on.

Aneke - best player in our squad on his day, but as a general point, what is the point of him?  If he can’t ever start a game he’s gotta be replaced, he didn’t play for ten days and still couldn’t start, it’s taking up a space from someone who can play week in week out.

When you map it out, we are far superior to Accrington player for player, that’s not arrogant, it’s a fact.  We’ve internationals and championship players.  Even with the injuries.  Their best player (Charles) signed from Southport.

So where do you point the finger, it has to be the management!

I love bowyer, it’s a weird one cos he deserves more time so keeping him makes sense, but also getting rid of him to save the season also make sense.

Never thought I’d say this but if he went next week I’d get over it quickly.

Sorry, but that is being arrogant! Quite clearly, our players are not far superior to theirs! The fella who scored their goals is a class act and I'd have him in a flash. His second goal would have graced the Premier League. It had touch, composure, class, and a finish. His strike partner was also a handful. Nottingham in defence was excellent; need I go on.

So, no, quite demonstrably, player for player, we are not far superior to them at all! Not even remotely! They are where they are (and with 3 games in hand!) not just because they are well 'drilled'.

I think sometimes that our league 1 'big club' mentally does let us inadvertently slip into a modicum of arrogance, yes. 
    I disagree, I think we are far better than them player for player.  As a team, absolutely not.

It’s not arrogant to say we have internationals and former championship players and they have players from non-league, when that’s exactly how it is, it’s a fact.

What that says, is there’s problem elsewhere.
  • Options
    I’ve just listened to him and I’ve slightly changed my mind. Gotta go, can’t motivate and in denial. 
  • Options
    Bowyer blaming his players again!  Don’t think I’d like to play for him at all. Really comes across as someone of low intelligence! 
  • Options
    Regardless of giving away two stupid goals, something seems very wrong in our squad. Our midfield was being brushed aside tonight, maybe except for JFC, and then we have two subs coming on who really looked disinterested. Pulling out of tackles, losing possession and challenges...  The Accrington players just generally wanted it more, I thought it was painful to watch.

Bishop is a very good striker, he was excellent tonight. Pearce was no match for him. And with Inniss still seven weeks away and Famewo four, Gallen and Bowyer have big decisions to make because we need a solid centre half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

He did... He jumped into next week, was bloody embarrassing!!

He picked out Williams for it at Shrewsbury
    Did Maatsen not pull out of a tackle in the build up to the 2nd goal ?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

He did... He jumped into next week, was bloody embarrassing!!

He picked out Williams for it at Shrewsbury

Oh ffs, in his first sentance Bowyer lobs Maddison under a bus.
    He did, I called him out on it to my old man, but that wasn't the reason we lost. We were dogshit again and set up all wrong. Chuks now starting is embarrassing 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Don't know who Bowyer thinks he is. Slags off every fucking player under the sun, never takes any blame for himself.

Even finds time to tell us we would have been better with Watson and Pratley!!! Would we fuck

Maddison did jump out of a tackle though.  
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

That comment is yet another sign it’s all going pear shaped.  These sort of comments don’t happen in a team playing for one another and playing with an identity in a positive environment.  For me it’s clear we’re reaching the end of the road here.  I’m all for giving someone time, but only if it can be fixed with time.  Things have just gone south very quickly.  

• Options
    Sorry Bowyer out for me, being a wanker now
  • Options
    LB looks defeated. But again he is focusing on the mistakes. It deflects from the fact that the players don't know what they are meant to be doing when they get on the pitch.

I assume the player that he told that jumping out of tackles was Maddison.
    I agree Bowyer looks defeated but I don't agree the players dont know know what they're meant to be doing. I think they do know, but they either aren't doing it or they're doing it poorly.