Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton v Accrington | Fri 8 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    I’m starting to think Bowyer was the right man at a bad time, but he isn’t the right man at this time. 
    Really, who else will be better?
    I mean lots of managers would be better. Of those that we could realistically attract, someone like Appleton would be a good shout (plus it would fulfil a long running prophecy on this site). 
    Whoever we bring in will want to bring in their own players and will be restricted by the Salary Cap...

We all look at the squad with rose tinted glasses but am sorry every new Manager who joins a club, tends to stamp their own image on the team

One year on from Robinson being sacked we beat Sunderland 2-1 at Wembley

Aribo was the only player that Robinson introduced to the team, Bauer | Sarr | Pearce were already at the club, the rest were Bowyer players
    Phillips and Dijksteel
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Reminded me of the feeling I had after we lost away at Dagenham & Redbridge in 2011. Plenty of people wanted Powell sacked after that game.

Wonder if it ten years time we'll look back at tonight's starting eleven and think of them in the same conversation as Llera, Fry, Semedo, McCormack, Parrett and Nouble...
    No because most of them were shit, had always been shit and would never not be shit.  Every single current Charlton player is a good league 1 player. They aren't showing. That is down to either ALL of them or the manager. 

Powell had the ability to motivate the players, bowyer clearly doesn’t.

powell was in his first few months of management , whilst bowyer is still inexperienced he has multiple seasons on powell! 

Powell had, in the end, players fighting for him and allowed himself to be proved wrong (or educated) whilst it seems bowyer doesnt
    In terms of quality this squad is miles ahead of the one Powell had in his 1st 6 months and anything Slade and Parkinson had in league 1.

It isn't far short of what Powell and Bowyer had in their promotion ones.  Under performing, everyone, every single one of them. 

• Options
    Dizzle said:
    their gaffer seems a nice fella
    Came across as a really nice guy. 
  • Options
    Oh ffs, in his first sentance Bowyer lobs Maddison under a bus.
  • Options
    Again we cannot do the basics when defending. Both goals were avoidable and it’s the same story every week. It’s inexcusable. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    I’m starting to think Bowyer was the right man at a bad time, but he isn’t the right man at this time. 
    Really, who else will be better?
    I mean lots of managers would be better. Of those that we could realistically attract, someone like Appleton would be a good shout (plus it would fulfil a long running prophecy on this site). 
    Whoever we bring in will want to bring in their own players and will be restricted by the Salary Cap...

We all look at the squad with rose tinted glasses but am sorry every new Manager who joins a club, tends to stamp their own image on the team

One year on from Robinson being sacked we beat Sunderland 2-1 at Wembley

Aribo was the only player that Robinson introduced to the team, Bauer | Sarr | Pearce were already at the club, the rest were Bowyer players
    Phillips and Dijksteel
    Phillips... Yeah I guess if you want to include EFL Cup and EFL Trophy games
    Dijksteel... Yeah I didnt realise he got his debut so soon
  • Options
    Without any doubt, LB was the man for a crisis where he became the glue to bind all that was good about the club, whilst chaos was reigning all around. He seemed to be firefighting at every turn. Perhaps he actually revelled in this environment where on the pitch matters took second place.
    However, thank god, TS has brought order where there had been chaos, and LB's raison d'etre has reverted to performances on the pitch, and sadly he has been found wanting.
    His loyalty to the club has earnt him time to sort things out, but he must know the clock is ticking. If things have not improved by the end of this month, and much as I hate to say this, then it must be time for him to ply his trade elsewhere. 
    Personally, I hope he pulls something out of the hat, but fear this may be a bridge too far. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ....... - then the goal really took the stuffing out of us and we never looked like coming back.
    I reckon the players are aware of the stats. They maybe think they can get a draw if we go 1-0 down but when the 2nd goes it they all know its all over.

Don't know the exact numbers but its around 34 or 35 games since we've won from going 1-0 down. 
  • Options
    Lose Tuesday bowyers got to go losing at home to acc fuck sake
  • Options

Woaaaaaaaaooooowwwww... Bows lost it, how can you scapegoat Maddisson!?!? 
  • Options
    This is the first time this season I think that not only will we not go up automatically, we will not even finish in the top 6.

The first half wasn't too bad but that second half was abysmal. Clueless. Pathetic. Call it what you want.

Something is seriously not right. Are the players worse than we think? Looking at some of the names we have - established internationals, Championship experienced - is it hard to believe that is right. 

So is it the manager? Well, it's becoming increasingly hard to think otherwise. This continual chopping and changing can't be helping. The last 3 games we have played a diamond, a flat 4-4-2 and now tonight 4-3-3. Presumably on Tuesday it will be a 3-5-2. For heavens sake, bowyer just pick a formation and play your best players.

And tonight, I just don't understand taking Washington off for Aneke. Surely he should have been playing up front with Aneke.

Schwartz must be wondering just what on earth he has walked into. Bogle must be pissing himself laughing. And TS must be watching this and thinking I've put £10 million pounds into this club. WTF is going on.
  • Options
    Fuck off Bowyer.  Go fish.
  • Options
    Look on the bright side, Pratley will be straight back in at centre back. 
  • Options
    Sorry just skipped 3 pages but I need to get this off my chest.

Bowyer has lost it and is blaming the players.  Fuck off, fuck right off. 

Pearce under the Bogle bus (we all know that you don't need to say it).  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

He did... He jumped into next week, was bloody embarrassing!!

He picked out Williams for it at Shrewsbury
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Bowyer losing all respect now with that ffs
  • Options
    Bowyer's on Sky now. Not a happy bunny unsurprisingly.
  • Options
    LB looks defeated. But again he is focusing on the mistakes. It deflects from the fact that the players don't know what they are meant to be doing when they get on the pitch.

I assume the player that he told that jumping out of tackles was Maddison.
  • Options
    TS has been unusually quiet tonight...
  • Options
    Them, Accrington reminded me of our promotion side working hard and for each other, clearly the better TEAM.

Us, I think the players have had enough, we have no shape, no style of play, no dam midfield, Morgan, Gilbey, Williams, Maddison, Gunter all anonymous, 

Bowyer has not got this side playing for him!
  • Options
    Ah fuck off Bowyer you absolute wanker. 

You know what I have tried not to go mental at him. But the way he continually digs out the players is really getting on my tits. The guy has his favourites and everyone else is just game for his bollockings. 
  • Options
    Guy is deluded.

Pratley & Watson.......really  ???