Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton v Accrington | Fri 8 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    What a shambles that was I don’t get bowyers thinking lately yet another 4 changes we are a long way from the team that won 6 games in a row earlier in the season should always pick your strongest team that’s if he knows what his strongest team is 
  • Options
    You have to pick your strongest first eleven. Bowyer is not doing that. End of.
    Who plays for you ? A version of Aneke that can actually play regularly and someone instead me Gilbey, maybe ; not sure what else he’s meant to do with this group.  We have no forwards and our only good defenders injured. 

As a preference , I’d play Mathews at full back 
  • Options
    There's been talk of players voicing concerns that Bows hasn't got a f***** clue.

Don't seem too wide of the mark if you ask me.
  • Options
    No idea who would replace Bowyer, but something is clearly wrong. 
  • Options
    Bowyer needs to stop pissing about with team selections and stick with a solid side. Seems like he is trying to please everyone get giving everyone a game. 
  • Options
    Can’t believe I fell for paying for a game again. 
    I feel like a total chump, doubly so as I had again convinced myself that we’d be able to cope with a mighty team like Accrington Stanley....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need a manager that the players trust, that understands them and can enthuse and motivate them.  Also one that knows how to bring them back to basics.  Not Bowyer.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Not ideal, however this season was always going to be tough. Mid table will be ok, another transfer window in June for bowyer and Gallen and I’m sure that we will be better and mount a proper challenge. 
  • Options
    So if we have no money left to buy or pay wages due to the cap, how is this team going to get into the playoffs. If we need to sell to bring in players, who's going to sign any of this shower of shite?

Bowyer:
    Let's have it. Talk yourself out of this one. Your players are going to get you the sack and you know it. It's sickening what is happening at out club and even more so now that the people left really care. 
  • Options
    That was awful... Not sure if they knew each other. Might be wrong but I reckon lose to Rochdale and it could be taxi for Lee Bowyer.

Don't like it but I just think he hasn't got the knowhow to make this team play!
  • Options
    Writing been on the wall for a while now.  We’re getting worse as a team week after week. 
    Is Bowyer the man to take us forward? No for me. The guy has lost the plot.
  • Options
    That looked like a bunch of players who dont want to play for the manager anymore and who can blame them, constant changes to the team. Players playing well one week than getting dropped the next. Players like Gilbey who have done absolute fuck all for us but yet plays 90 minutes. Players being criticized publicly. I think they have all had enough of it.

Lee has to go whilst were still around the playoffs because if this goes on for much longer we will finish bottom half. 
  • Options
    Thought that even though Accrington were better we still looked bright in the first half - then the goal really took the stuffing out of us and we never looked like coming back.

We are really missing Shinnie, but that being said I honestly 100% believe with the players at Bowyer's disposal we should be doing much better then we are. Perhaps not necessarily in terms of points per game, but at least actually competing and look like we belong at this level.

I can't see how bringing in any other players changes our current situation. It's not hard to see it's the way we are set up, and the way we are coached which is costing us each game currently. At the moment I can't see us coming back from this. 
  • Options
    going like it did last season, if we are not careful we will be in a relegation slide.

we can not defend as a team, the midfield is so physically weak and there is no real energy anywhere.

Sorry but I believe Bowyer is lost.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    What does Maatsen offer? Being our left-back throughout our good run and a generally good performer, maybe? He was defending well one-on-one today. Lost it in a bad spot for the 2nd goal when he should have headed it clear but we still didn't defend it well thereafter. He then did a bit of a headless chicken act, but he never hides and he has no little ability. Insane to make him one of the scapegoats compared to some of the dross we had out thee today. He showed a real understanding with Millar too.
    Doesnt mean he should be imune to blame either!!... His inaction for that second goal was shocking, you cant switch off like that
  • Options
    Their 'keeper played well but we are rather clueless, are we not?
  • Options
    We looked like 11 players that had never played together before, has bowyer lost the dressing room? Gilbey and Pearce absolute shit rest not much better. Think the clock is ticking for lee, the lack of consistency in the line up is starting to show. Fair play to Accrington, but we flattered them with how truly woeful we looked at times. Can't even get upset with it at the minute, just expect it to happen. Think we face another year in this shit division. 
  • Options
    Truly shocking performance  . They played like a team  , too many of our players couldn't be bothered tonight  .
  • Options
    I said last week we won't get promoted with Bowyer either this season or next. Too many poor/negative selections and tactics. The side haven't looked like they actually know what their meant to be doing for quite some time now. I don't know why at home we don't play at least one of Aneke, Williams or Maddison from the start, it's L1 go for it and you get results normally.

We'll have a similar performance against Rochdale. Everything is too predictable. Yes we're missing Famewo and Innis, but even when we had that 6 game winning streak I felt the football wasn't that great to watch. Some big decisions coming up for TS I feel. 

Have to say though Accrington looked a solid side and will be top 6
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    That's how you beat us. Bodies in the box and press and fight for the loose ball. We can be relied upon to give them a couple of decent chances. They are strong and athletic and tidy and that's enough. 

It feels like something isn't right. I'd change it at the top but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I think we don't pose enough different questions.