Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton v Accrington | Fri 8 Jan 2021

Comments

• Williams will come on for Morgan if the sub gets made. 

Think Deji has been our better player...Maatsen the worst, the lad can't pass water.

Front 3 look like they can do something but everything behind them (bar Deji) looks suspect.

Pitiful...need some nasty physical players to come in and win that. We are too lightweight.
  • powder puff rubbish - as expected when you leave your best players on the bench 
  • AndyG said:
    Bring morgan, washington and smythe off ang get Chucks, Schwartz and maddison on ffs LB show some guts
    Washington and Smyth have started well. 

Morgan today's weakest link and even he's not been terrible.
  • Pretty even first half, but we’ve been let down by a moment of poor defending again. We’ve looked solid enough at the back, but we are lacking a little bit with this midfield because no-one seems to be quite comfortable in their place. JFC is doing well but he could do with being nearer the back four, which is understandable as he’s not used to being the shield. Gilbey is useful in the attacking phase but Albie looks a bit lost. The wingers look dangerous and Washington has won a lot of his duels. Accrington are a decent side and they move the ball around very well. JFC could do with dropping a little deeper to pick up that space in front of our back four but we’re creating opportunities and they have their keeper to thank for decent saves from JFC and Gilbey. We’ve still got Chuks, Maddison, Williams and Schwartz on the bench to come on, and if you’ve watched that half and decided we’re shit and everyone in our team is useless then to be honest you’re just determined to think that regardless of what’s happening in front of you. We can definitely take something from this, we’re not out of it by any stretch 
  • We do look completely different every game but never good. 
  • Accrington are getting enough time on the ball in the midfield third area to write a dissertation about their next prepared play.
    Gilbey and Morgan are not effective in winning the ball.
  • Accrington doing okay on their budget of 50p against the mighty Addicks. What's Bowyer going to try next?

Excuses are running out. We're a poor side in L1 at the moment. We just look disjointed.
  • Anyone who thinks Accrington dont belong where they are in the table is a snob!!

Called them a long ball merchant team myself before the game and have been proven absolutely wrong, been playing some lovely football this evening...

Proof you dont need pace if you can find space and pass it
    We are giving them the space by playing too deep. 
  • Defensively our midfield is non existent be it when they run at us or in a fight for loose balls in our half. That said JFC is our best performer. Washington and Deji doing ok. 
    Morgan is a waste of space and Gilbey needs to up his work rate. Gunter is off form. 
    Aneke & Maddison must come on fir Morgan & A N Other
  • Sponsored links:

• Poverty football.

We had nothing either as a team or individually above League One mediocrity.
  • Team of midgets against one of the bigger teams in league, what fucking planet is Bowyer on.
    Thomas driesen was playing Football manager, 
    Looks like lee Bowyer is playing fifa!! Lump all the small fast players on and we’ll win! 

Not an awful showing, perhaps don’t deserve to be losing, but really very little for threat from us.
    we constantly look to snatch at the shot , or shoot/balloon a shot from outside the box instead of being patient! 

Get Schwartz and Maddison on, aneke at the very maximum if still needing a push on
  • I'm expecting us to win this. We have been the better team in the first half. Our substitutions, when they come, will make all the difference.
  • We'll win this if he makes changes.  Schwartz can make himself a hero
    Funnily enough I think we can still win this. 

Need Maddison and Aneke on to give it a good guy. Please Don leave it until the last 10 minutes Lee. 
  • The difference is we’ve played so good football and worked to create chances, Accrington have been given chances just by winning the second ball. Our midfield shape is shocking.
  • How’s that build up from the back tactic working tonight ?
    Get Chucks on and let the others feed off the knockdowns. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    AndyG said:
    Bring morgan, washington and smythe off ang get Chucks, Schwartz and maddison on ffs LB show some guts
    Washington and Smyth have started well. 

Morgan today's weakest link and even he's not been terrible.
    Morgan is doing a Paul Scholes where he's showing he cant tackle and giving away too many Free-Kicks
  • I dont think there was too much in it , we were happy for them to have pop shots from the edge of the area. Chucks can really make a difference in a match like. Washington is to ineffective in this kind of game in a front 3.
  • Gilbey really offers nothing doesnt he?
    Nothing whatsoever. All he does is make the numbers up.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dizzle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dizzle said:
    Really not a fan of Pearce. For a team hoping to push for promotion, he is not the answer. Absolutely crazy how much we miss Innis and Famewo
    It's not only are they better than anyone else who has played there we haven't played Pratley and Watson in front of any other pair either 
    Didn’t really understand a word of that, could be just me I have a headache and CAFC isn’t making it any better 😂
    Sorry, what I ment was not only are Innis and Famewo our best center halves, they also had Watson AND Pratley in front of them.  Which no other pair of center halves have 
    Makes sense now mate, cheers. I agree, with no decent protection it makes our 2nd choice centre back pairing especially vulnerable. Makes Pratley’s red even more frustrating 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought we were poor & Stanley good, Morgan & Gilbert passengers in that 1st half. Out passed, out thought and out fought. Saying that we have had some chances but just look so easy to score against, no defensive pressure at all on the ball in our defensive 1/3. 

Hopefully a better 2nd half.
  • AndyG said:
    Bowyer selecting teams like he is a rabbit in the headlights 
    I’m curious what team you think he should have selected tonight
  • We need a Wimbledon esque second half 
  • Evidently time for Chuks; shame he’s too flakey to start .  Morgan , Maatsen and Millar are our only players of merit 
  • I actually thought it’s been our best performance for weeks to be honest but the Pearce mistake has cost us. 

We’re in the game and not looking completely useless. Aneke, Schwartz, Williams or Maddison can get us back into it.
    This. It's not hard to come back from 1-0 down. Only problem is that we have failed to do it in 35 attempts since tfe play off final. And then we were 1-1 at half time. Been sometime since we've come back from 1-0 after 45 mins.
  • I wonder what bogle is thinking 
    Who is Bowyer going to blame this on now
  • Suprised at those that want Smyth off. Think he's done well. Morgan and Gilbey haven't been in the game. 

Shocking defending no matter what the level from Pearce. Had about 10 yards on the player. Poor final pass.  We do need maddison on for Morgan.
  • Big team talk coming up.
    Front 3 off, get 3 defensive players on a defend our 0-1 defeat. 
  • I actually thought it’s been our best performance for weeks to be honest but the Pearce mistake has cost us. 

We’re in the game and not looking completely useless. Aneke, Schwartz, Williams or Maddison can get us back into it.
    This. It's not hard to come back from 1-0 down. Only problem is that we have failed to do it in 35 attempts since tfe play off final. And then we were 1-1 at half time. Been sometime since we've come back from 1-0 after 45 mins.
    When was it? - Am curious
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!