Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton v Accrington | Fri 8 Jan 2021

Comments

• So Gilbey is tonight’s scapegoat. Done ok getting forward including a couple of shots. I’m not saying he’s been fantastic but better than Morgan. 
  • Some good stats from Sky today. 
  • Not really convinced a striker for a striker was the change we really needed there
  • And just to add.......ask yourselves how they scored their goal. A boot downfield. No tippy happy football needed to score a goal. 
  • Croydon said:
    Why has Washington been pulled? Bowyer's bizarre subs continue.

How do we keep supporting Bowyer in spite of these decisions? 

If we don't win fans will be going mad.
  • Off_it said:
    I know this has probably been discussed on here before, but why do we start with our top scorer on the bench? Is the bloke ever going to be fit enough to play a whole match?
    Possibly because he doesn't have 90 minutes in him and is more effective against opposition players who are tiring? 
  • I’m not holding my breathe for the win 
  • adsads
    edited January 2021
    Off_it said:
    I know this has probably been discussed on here before, but why do we start with our top scorer on the bench? Is the bloke ever going to be fit enough to play a whole match?
    It's a joke.  Why do we always have our best players on the bench also
  • Valley11 said:
    Washington off!!!? 
    Jesus
    If only...
  • I wonder what bogle is thinking 
    Blame this on me wankers! 
    Bit harsh on yourself there mate 
  • Sponsored links:

• What did Washington do wrong ? 
  • And just to add.......ask yourselves how they scored their goal. A boot downfield. No tippy happy football needed to score a goal. 
    Yeah we are 1 nil down, at home, due to a fuck up at the back so chuck (or Chuks) the center foward under the bus fml 
  • Aneke really should have started, he hasn't played for two weeks 
  • Harsh on Washington as he was decent but coming off at half time doesn’t have to be a calculated insult. We’re giving Accrington something else to think about. I imagine Bowyer has bringing Schwartz on later to play up with Chuks in the back of his mind 
  • I'm blaming Sky and Uncle Rupert, they're a jinx at The Valley.
  • I wonder what bogle is thinking 
    I did have £5 on them to be 1-0 up at HT so maybe not so harsh! Sorry
  • what’s the point in changing like for like up front who wasn’t getting any service in the first place?
  • Wow... Impressive stat from MK Dons and Accrington 
  • Change the midfield or change the formation and go with 2 up front. Can't see how taking one forward off for another makes any difference.

Although Chuks is obviously a super sub.
  • Sponsored links:

• These long-range efforts are boiling my piss tbh.
  • I’m never often critical but I’m really doubting our ability to do the basics.

As much as Sage has had a rant, I’ve got to agree. The issues are greater than just the midfield.

This current team would be thumped by Bowyers promotion team.
  • Accrington have dropped just 2 points from a leading position.

Bowyer has obviously given shoot on sight orders.
  • edited January 2021
    I wonder what bogle is thinking 
    I did have £5 on them to be 1-0 up at HT so maybe not so harsh! Sorry
    Wondered why you were so cheerful ;)

Cant have won much... Extra 50p?
  • Good pressure from Smyth.
  • Chuks has a shot/cross from a tight angle and the keeper sends it out for a throw.
  • Off_it said:
    Possibly because he doesn't have 90 minutes in him and is more effective against opposition players who are tiring? 
    But that's my point, why doesn't he have 90 minutes in him? Is he ever going to play 90 minutes ever again, or is that it?
  • Aneke complains that Smyth doesn't pass to him.
  • Think Smyth could've done a little better there
  • At least Palace are losing 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!