Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton v Accrington | Fri 8 Jan 2021

Comments

• For that last Accrington attack they had 5 players in our box desperate to get on the end of something we had 5 defenders. That doesn't happen by accident. 
  • We need our captains to stand up and look at their current arrogant contribution in Pearce and Pratley sadly. 

Shots on target and as usual @Tutt-Tutt spot on analysis. There's such a gap once you beat our midfield line but isn't this what bloody training is all about. 

I'm starting to console myself that we need a season to consolidate. 
  • This is a much better performance than of late
    That's a low benchmark.
  • Anyone who thinks Accrington dont belong where they are in the table is a snob!!

Called them a long ball merchant team myself before the game and have been proven absolutely wrong, been playing some lovely football this evening...

Proof you dont need pace if you can find space and pass it
    I can’t quite tell if they’ve been superb at finding the space or we have just allowed them the freedom every single time they have the ball in our half. 
  • Accrington above us with 3 games in hand
  • Bring morgan, washington and smythe off ang get Chucks, Schwartz and maddison on ffs LB show some guts
  • Dizzle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dizzle said:
    Really not a fan of Pearce. For a team hoping to push for promotion, he is not the answer. Absolutely crazy how much we miss Innis and Famewo
    It's not only are they better than anyone else who has played there we haven't played Pratley and Watson in front of any other pair either 
    Didn’t really understand a word of that, could be just me I have a headache and CAFC isn’t making it any better 😂
    Sorry, what I ment was not only are Innis and Famewo our best center halves, they also had Watson AND Pratley in front of them.  Which no other pair of center halves have 
  • Could be worse, if it wasn't for TS we wouldn't even be discussing this football game right now.
  • not at the game watching on telly at home , despite the scoreline best atmosphere we’ve had down there for a while,  the crowd are still with the team .

Hoping we bring Morgan on at ht 
    Lol. He's playing.

I know it's hard to tell!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    Chucks, Williams, Aneke, and Maddison on at half time please. 

No, we'll start with the same eleven, go 2-0 down and then change it.
  • Pearce reminding me of a League One version of Paddy McCarthorse. Oshilaja looks like an accident waiting to happen and is unable to clear the ball without limping it into the West Stand. Inniss made of glass and Famewo is injured but isn’t even our own player anyway. Centre back needs an overhaul this summer because we ain’t getting promoted with these four.

Midfield is being given the run around by the Accrington three - too much space for them in front of an already dodgy centre back pairing. Shock horror we actually need a defensively minded player, someone like Pratley or Watson, in there to cover.

Washington is ineffective as a lone striker.

Other than that we’re doing great! Millar and Smyth are the only players that look like making something happen.
  • Decent game for the neutral, however Accrington are winning the second ball and cutting through us at will. It’s a good job Deji is playing, he’s made 3 or 4 excellent blocks. Morgan and Gilbey are passengers. Millar and Smyth look dangerous but nobody in the box, so easy for their defenders. We ain’t out of it, and it’s not been bad at all, but Christ, our shape is all over the place.
  • Team of midgets against one of the bigger teams in league, what fucking planet is Bowyer on.
    There's barely been any long arieal balls. Accrington have passed the ball around is very nicely. What fucking planet are you on. 
  • LTKapal said:
    I'm gonna say it, ignoring that poor moment, it wasn't bad and Gilbey has done ok, change my mind 
    Totally agree - much better than of late and one stupid moment had spoiled the half.

Accrington are dangerous upfront and we need to get them on the back foot. Surely can't be too long before Aneke comes on. 

Millar looks good. 
  • edited January 2021
    LTKapal said:
    I'm gonna say it, ignoring that poor moment, it wasn't bad and Gilbey has done ok, change my mind 
    Agree.

On PPG we're playing one of the best sided in the league.
  • We'll win this if he makes changes.  Schwartz can make himself a hero
  • Anyone who thinks Accrington dont belong where they are in the table is a snob!!

Called them a long ball merchant team myself before the game and have been proven absolutely wrong, been playing some lovely football this evening...

Proof you dont need pace if you can find space and pass it
    I can’t quite tell if they’ve been superb at finding the space or we have just allowed them the freedom every single time they have the ball in our half. 
    It feels like there's a lot of superb teams in this division.
  • Our best performance for about 5 weeks, just completely let down by a moment of stupidity 
    That said, if their shooting was better we'd be in big big trouble.
  • Bowyer selecting teams like he is a rabbit in the headlights 
  • Sponsored links:

• Easy to just criticise Bowyer but yet again let down, awful defending. They do look better then us but in fairness there just shooting from range. Deji has been very good. Morgan off for Maddison please. Like the look of Millar. 
    Gilbey off for Maddison - leave Morgan on for his attempt at box to box

• edited January 2021
    Accers seem to be all midfield or defence and are working well together, we are
    far too slow too the second ball, and any attempt at getting into their area is far
    too quickly mopped up.
    We need The Beast and Maddison on to give Millar and Smyth something to aim at, or we
    will get f*ck all out of this game
  • I wonder what bogle is thinking 
  • It is much better but being over run in midfield, Albie and Alex need to step up.
  • No point playing it long either 
  • Some proper stupid comments
    its been a pretty even game and we have had quite a few good chances but for a gifted goal we should be at least level

alot better than recent weeks and if anyone blames bowyer for that goal or even anything else you need to get a grip
    pure toxic fans around at the min
  • No real problems in creation, just a problem with the odd set piece and our shape there-after, and our defensive play in momentary lapses. Occasionally we're caught in a 4 on 4 or something, our midfield caught stranded.

Be very surprised if we pull this back.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!