Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• Wilks gets done for handball after he grabs the ball following Maatsen bringing him down :)
  • At least Millwall are losing at home
  • Worst part about this is there isn't even a chance of winning a Range Rover for purchasing the stream
  • Momentum stops every time matthews receives the ball turning inside.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    We need an in depth explanation from LB with this. I’m beginning to think he’s proper lost the plot.
    Doesn’t have the luxury of a Championship midfield in League one this time.

He doesn’t know how to produce the same football with a squad that is far less talented than when we were last down here.

Injuries and the Cap haven’t helped either tbh
    I agree but I’ve always have LB down as an old school go back to basics type. This is mental selection.
    I’d have thought the same. 

Think he just can’t fathom why it isn’t working. Maybe too much faith in an ageing squad?

Maatsen in the middle shows that he wants mobility. Problem is without overhauling the whole midfield we really won’t get that.
    It's only really Pratley and Watson who are aging. Gunter is only 31 and the rest are mid 20s, most of them are 25-8 and should be at their peek. 
  • So bloody slow
  • We are terrible. Fair play. 
  • 28'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Tom Eaves (Hull City) right footed shot from the left side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Jacob Greaves.

• ever time Matthews get the ball he goes backwards as he don’t have a left foot and he can’t defend . Total waste of time him being on there 
  • Sponsored links:

• Losing patience with Bowyer, does anyone question his selection or are they all inept?! 

The answer is ....... the players are as confused as we are.

• Jayajosh said:
    No movement up front again
    Not just up front. Midfield are just so slow. No one who can run with the ball.
  • Jesus wept... Does Bogle have to do a turn every time he gets the ball

Hold it up, pass and move... Constantly trying to do too much with it
  • This team, and the performances they bring just screams phil Parkinson and limited budget times
  • Bogle has been awful, no control at all 
  • edited January 2021
    It's as if we have deliberately set up to stop us using the wings. Anything going down the left is easily prevented as Matthews has to cut inside and Maatsen naturally floats into the middle from the right. We spend so much time passing into areas where we immediately have to play a backwards pass. It's crap and every time we think we can't set up more defensively with more players out of position - we somehow manage it.
  • Bogle couldn’t trap a bag of cement lol
  • Always been very pro-Bowyer, just found myself looking on transfermarkt to see who else is available
  • Greg saying Frow is getting to me
  • Sponsored links:

• What was Bogle doing there.
  • Can we get a new Valley Pass subscription where you pay a fiver at half time when Maddison and Williams get subbed on?
  • Terrible team selection. I love Lee Bowyer but am really confused by playing people out of position. No wonder team is looking so disjointed. Could easily be 2-0 down.  
  • Less said about the defence the better.

Bogle offers absolutely nothing, maybe even worse than nothing.

What the hell does Maddison have to do to get in the team?
  • Omg how crap is Bogle? 
  • What does Bogle do? 
  • Stealing a living lol 
  • It would be easier for everyone if there was someone moving to pass to. 
  • Don’t know how I feel tbh. On one hand this squad is so devoid of quality.

On the other surely you start Maddison if you can, play Maatsen in his actual position and use Oshilaja instead of Pratley, who looks like he’s aged 5 years in the last month.
  • Jayajosh said:
    Bogle has been awful, no control at all 
    He's controlled the ball well... But is holding on to the ball too long
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!