Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• Bogle wins us a corner.
  • I so nearly didn’t buy the stream, wish I hadn’t now 
  • Can’t be bothered with Bowyer anymore! 
    Get someone in, who has an idea and is determined to take games by the short and curlys! 

Lower league form this, which is embarrassing in league one
  • 21' Chance! JFC's corner is flicked on and Pearce heads towards goal, but Long makes the save. #hcafc 1 #cafc 0
  • Honestly surprised playing a left back at right back, a left back at right mid, a centre mid at centre back, a centre mid at left midfield isn't working. Bowyer masterclass.
  • Can not get my head around trying to keep games tight when our defence has been so fragile with all the injuries. Surely we have to focus on where our current strength lies. 

Bowyer has got it all wrong again today. Players out of position. Wrong mindset with such a negative starting XI. Right footers on the left, left footers on the right. Unsurprisingly we look so disjointed. 
  • JFC to take from the right.
  • This is way below Sunday league standard.  
  • If this an attacking line up Bowyer I'd hate to see your defensive one...!!
  • Oggy Red said:
    Why is Maatsen playing RM? 
    Ask Lee.

It was Maatsen attempted pass that led to the goal. Baffled by this line up. Just play players in our correct positions. Why overcomplicate things. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It bounces around in the area for a bit, and Pearce heads straight at the keeper.
  • Boooo. There, I’ve said it. 
    To early not allowed to Boo until February.
  • At least JFC has remembered how to take a corner 
  • Jfc is so poor 
  • We need an in depth explanation from LB with this. I’m beginning to think he’s proper lost the plot.
    Doesn’t have the luxury of a Championship midfield in League one this time.

He doesn’t know how to produce the same football with a squad that is far less talented than when we were last down here.

Injuries and the Cap haven’t helped either tbh
  • Centre mid playing centre half and a right back playing left back . Why ??? I just don’t get it 
  • Hull look shite, we look shiter
  • Scoham said:
    redman said:
    Can't believe how many people are having a go at Pratley. Agreed he was poor last week but generally has been good. And of course Curbs said last week how impressed with him he had been. But there again a load of you used to criticise him. 
    Exactly. Seems some people are more obsessed with the concept of being ‘out of position’ than the reality of how Pratley has performed. He’s been good at CB and as he gets older it’s not surprising that he’d start to settle into more of that kind of role anyway. Pratley makes fewer mistakes than Deji who is a poor centre half. We’ve only ever seen Deji play badly at CB when he’s been there whereas Pratley has typically been good, but as that’s his ‘official’ position playing Pratley there instead has to be a mistake. It’s very odd
    Agree, I have no issue with Pratley at CB when Oshilaja is the alternative.

My concern is we’re set up to keep the game tight or nick a goal from a set piece - by setting up such a defensive midfield four it puts more pressure on the defence as we lack attacking outlets. Don’t expect Maddison and Williams to start together (though I’d like to see it) but why leave both on the bench?
    Predictable start but now we have to attack and we get to see how we do with Watson or Pratley in midfield.
  • edited January 2021
    Shot by Wilks. Only player of ours who does that us sitting on the bench. 
  • Sponsored links:

• When I saw the team sheet I almost went back to bed because you know exactly how it's going to go. We look lost as a team. There's no clear attacking patterns and we're sloppy at the back. We're not going to win this game because we don't win when we go 0-1 down. It's all so predictable and so frustrating. 
  • No movement up front again
  • 22'

Post update

Offside, Hull City. Mallik Wilks tries a through ball, but Hakeeb Adelakun is caught offside.

• Well once again I can’t get on to valley pass . Reading this I think I’m quite lucky not to ( as long as I get a refund ) 
  • Can we just start matches 1-0 down and have a more attacking selection from the off.
  • 22'

Post update

Attempt saved. Mallik Wilks (Hull City) right footed shot from outside the box is saved.

• Wilks has a shot parried and then collected by Amos.
  • Where the fuck has Gunter gone there? And Matthews marking fresh air at left back. Dreadful defending. 
    Charged upfield to support Maatsen ... but the youngster gave the ball away leaving Gunter hopelessly out of position when Hull went back the other way.

That pulled Pratters across to the right leaving gaping holes in the middle.
  • Laddick01 said:
    We need an in depth explanation from LB with this. I’m beginning to think he’s proper lost the plot.
    Doesn’t have the luxury of a Championship midfield in League one this time.

He doesn’t know how to produce the same football with a squad that is far less talented than when we were last down here.

Injuries and the Cap haven’t helped either tbh
    I agree but I’ve always have LB down as an old school go back to basics type. This is mental selection.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!