Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• This is what happens when you play a right back at left back, a left back at right mid, a center mid at center back and another center mid at left mid.... 
  • Maatsen right mid? Matthews left back? Pratley CB when we have oshilaja fit.. When Watson got injured I thought he'd put pratley there and bring oshilaja on? Clueless and starting to get really sick of this shite. 
  • This is embarrassing. There are gaps all over the pitch. A disconnect between all parts of the team. What's the excuse this week?
  • For the second game running you could drive a bus thru our right back position
  • My love for Bowyer is waining...rapidly 
  • I think the highlight of today's game will be the meltdown on the post match thread.
  • We look void of ideas and structure
  • Maddison must be questioning signing for us. How on earth can he not be in this dreadful midfield. 
  • Need to careful not to have lost this by half time.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    redman said:
    Can't believe how many people are having a go at Pratley. Agreed he was poor last week but generally has been good. And of course Curbs said last week how impressed with him he had been. But there again a load of you used to criticise him. 
    Exactly. Seems some people are more obsessed with the concept of being ‘out of position’ than the reality of how Pratley has performed. He’s been good at CB and as he gets older it’s not surprising that he’d start to settle into more of that kind of role anyway. Pratley makes fewer mistakes than Deji who is a poor centre half. We’ve only ever seen Deji play badly at CB when he’s been there whereas Pratley has typically been good, but as that’s his ‘official’ position playing Pratley there instead has to be a mistake. It’s very odd
    Agree, I have no issue with Pratley at CB when Oshilaja is the alternative.

My concern is we’re set up to keep the game tight or nick a goal from a set piece - by setting up such a defensive midfield four it puts more pressure on the defence as we lack attacking outlets. Don’t expect Maddison and Williams to start together (though I’d like to see it) but why leave both on the bench?
    Predictable start but now we have to attack and we get to see how we do with Watson or Pratley in midfield.
    Bowyers considers we started with attack... this is it. It won’t be starting. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hull freekick ends with Eaves having a free header but Amos saves.
  • I think the highlight of today's game will be the meltdown on the post match thread.
    Unless we win  :)
  • Eaves should have buried that
    1. 23'

Post update

Foul by Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic).

2. 23'

Post update

George Honeyman (Hull City) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• This team seem to spend most of their time either trying to draw fouls or waving their hands in the air.

What the f**k has happened to us?
  • Brilliant fk routine by Hull, we should be 2 down 
  • LenGlover said:
    Interesting listening to Gallen saying he's looking to get in some pace and athleticism.
    When for God's sake

Bowyer won't play them, so what's the point. 
  • Playing a Lee Bowyer Charlton must be like finding an un-opened Christmas present tucked behind the sofa as you take the tree down...

"Oooah,  result!"
  • Laddick01 said:
    We need an in depth explanation from LB with this. I’m beginning to think he’s proper lost the plot.
    Doesn’t have the luxury of a Championship midfield in League one this time.

He doesn’t know how to produce the same football with a squad that is far less talented than when we were last down here.

Injuries and the Cap haven’t helped either tbh
    Doesn't need a championship midfield we're in L1 FFS where eg Maddison has a great record but can't even get in the team! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Should be 2-0 down there
  • Losing patience with Bowyer, does anyone question his selection or are they all inept?! 
  • Laddick01 said:
    We need an in depth explanation from LB with this. I’m beginning to think he’s proper lost the plot.
    Doesn’t have the luxury of a Championship midfield in League one this time.

He doesn’t know how to produce the same football with a squad that is far less talented than when we were last down here.

Injuries and the Cap haven’t helped either tbh
    I agree but I’ve always have LB down as an old school go back to basics type. This is mental selection.
    I’d have thought the same. 

Think he just can’t fathom why it isn’t working. Maybe too much faith in an ageing squad?

Maatsen in the middle shows that he wants mobility. Problem is without overhauling the whole midfield we really won’t get that.
  • 24'

Post update

Attempt saved. Tom Eaves (Hull City) header from very close range is saved.

• Chunes said:
    What good is the January January transfer window when you put your best players are on the bench!
    Yeah, but we can have Schwartz on the bench soon.
  • This line up is crap
    Then probably best to give it a swerve, sleep on it, and post tomorrow morning.
  • Talal said:
    Maddison must be questioning signing for us. How on earth can he not be in this dreadful midfield. 
    Probably can't wait to get back home and play Call of Duty 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!