Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• AndyG said:
    Many players are confidence players. What that penalty incident showed was that Bogle is definitely one of those as he was too desperate for a goal. The worst thing we can do with these sort of players is get on their backs. If every time the ball comes to you, part of you is feeling a pressure to prove yourself, the weight of that can prevent you doing your best. The manager taking him off after 20 or so minutes wouldn't have helped. Especially as he was no worse than most of our other players on the pitch. 

What I would say to Bogle if I was his manager was he has already achieved something most people can't do in becoming a professional footballer. Sod the fans, sod Bowyer and those watching you with the expectation of failure. Just remember why you wanted to be a player, enjoy the fact you are one and just enjoy it. Relax and remember you have nothing to prove to anybody.  
    Bogle being treated pretty unfairly imo by some of our fans. Yes he needs to find the target more but nobody can question his attitude. He is giving 100% every game and if he keeps going the goals will come I think
    His first touch is non league standard unfortunately 
  • Anyone else get the horrible feeling this is going to fall through again? 
    If so then Schwartz is the biggest time waster I've ever known

What with being at the Wimbledon game etc.
    I see your Schwartz and raise you a Muir
  • edited January 2021
    Bogle first touch is better than chucks if you ask me. 
    Yep, don't think I can disagree there, Bogle also a decent dribbler, but Chuks can hit the target.
  • Bogle does love an unnecessary step over though. Irritates me a bit that does.  
  • Croydon said:
    Anyone else get the horrible feeling this is going to fall through again? 
    If so then Schwartz is the biggest time waster I've ever known

What with being at the Wimbledon game etc.
    I see your Schwartz and raise you a Muir

Re-raise. Ural Akuzum from the Turkish consortium.
  • robroy said:
    I’m gonna put myself out and say Ronnie will end up top goal scorer 

Well that shouldn't be too difficult
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Sounds like Schwartz has been Training with the first team for a while, so Bowyer has been able to get a good look at him and obviously likes what he sees 
    I’m wondering if the fact Schwartz has been in training has had an affect on Bogle.
    He knows it’s gonna knock him down the order .
    I know he wasn’t pulling up trees anyway but his body language has looked appalling in recent times, as if he is carrying the world on his shoulders 
    Could well be. Also that the bloke clearly puts a lot of pressure on himself to perform well and score goals, and he just hasn't been doing either
    Sorted it for you. 
    Everyone was raving about his hold-up play and workrate but a few weeks ago, funny how quickly the narrative changes with a bad miss. 
    Not everyone. He's a non league player, said it the moment he signed. 
  • iamdan said:
    Look forward to Schwartz 0 in 17 record. 
    Why ???

• Could be one of our rasher signings (!), especially as he comes from the club majority-owned by the Brentford guy. So, not good enough for the Bees but ok for Charlton ....

He could save our bacon.

• Sponsored links:

• Is he injured yet?
  • Looking forward to seeing Schwartz peppering the opposition's goal
    Let’s hope he is the missing ingredient in our promotion push.
  • DOUCHER said:
    disagree - chucks touch is sublime at times for such a big umit
    Disagree again.... chuks has a sublime touch about once a game, then it’s distinctly average for such a unit. I’m afraid chuks is at his level to be honest, top half of league 1. 
  • paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Disagree again.... chuks has a sublime touch about once a game, then it’s distinctly average for such a unit. I’m afraid chuks is at his level to be honest, top half of league 1. 
    he will play championship or above after this season  
  • he's by far our best striker atm so what does that make bogle and washington?
  • edited January 2021
    Chuks is an excellent player who if he can stay fit will move up to the Championship.  In fact, if he could churn out games regularly I think he is a better player than Taylor was.  

Bogle has plenty of skill and a good touch, he did not score for a long time, but equally he has not played a lot for some years.  I think he is just in a place where he would start to score quite regularly but suspect Schwartz will come in and dislodge him.  I hope Schwartz is up to it.
  • edited January 2021
    Bogle actually cost us a goal earlier in the season if I recall correctly. 
  • Chuks is an excellent player who if he can stay fit will move up to the Championship.  In fact, if he could churn out games regularly I think he is a better player than Taylor was.  

Bogle has plenty of skill and a good touch, he did not score for a long time, but equally he has not played a lot for some years.  I think he is just in a place where he would start to score quite regularly but suspect Schwartz will come in and dislodge him.  I hope Schwartz is up to it.
    I agree that Chuks is potentially better than Taylor. I said so last season. Bogle needs to try to relax a bit and see what happens. There will be opportunities for him for sure and tomorrow could be one of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    he's by far our best striker atm so what does that make bogle and washington?
    Unfortunately I think that says a lot more about the other strikers than him. I don’t think he’s rubbish just not as good as some may think. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Only if we go up and bows gives him a try. Who is going to buy a 60 minute at best player. And why hasn’t he played at a higher level or at least been given a chance already if he is that good?. 
  • Chuks is an excellent player who if he can stay fit will move up to the Championship.  In fact, if he could churn out games regularly I think he is a better player than Taylor was.  

I agree that Chuks is potentially better than Taylor. I said so last season. Bogle needs to try to relax a bit and see what happens. There will be opportunities for him for sure and tomorrow could be one of them.
    I would love to think we have at least a championship striker on our hands in chuks. He is not mobile or quick enough for championship levels. Championship teams are not going to buy a good substitute. He is currently proving he is not cutting it as a starting player. As a Charlton fan I hope to eat my words!!😂. 
  • paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Only if we go up and bows gives him a try. Who is going to buy a 60 minute at best player. And why hasn’t he played at a higher level or at least been given a chance already if he is that good?. 
    why did it take taylor til he was 29? vardy 27? wright 26?
  • why did he learn his trade at arsenal and not gillingjam? the potential is there  
  • and i agree re the comments above about being better than taylor - he has more ammunition in his locker than taylor, its just about getting him to produce it on a regular basis 
  • edited January 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    They all have a turning circle less than the titanic for a start, Taylor isn’t setting the world alight is he( which hasn’t surprised me by the way) proving he is probably bottom half of championship quality at best. Vardy and Wright are completely different gravy, chuks and Taylor would be cleaning their boots I’m afraid. Like I say chucks is ok for now, but we’ll need better in time.
  • paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    They all have a turning circle less than the titanic for a start, Taylor isn’t setting the world alight is he( which hasn’t surprised me by the way) proving he is probably bottom half of championship quality at best. Vardy and Wright are completely different gravy, chuks and Taylor would be cleaning their boots I’m afraid. Like I say chucks is ok for now, but we’ll need better in time.
    you're entitled to your opinion and there's an outside chance you will be proved right but i doubt it  
  • Hasn’t played in 6 months.
    Never played in English football before.
    Has previous with injuries.
    31 years old so presumably past his best.

I’m not writing him off, but strikes me as a bit of a punt to be honest. Prove me wrong Ronnie!
  • DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    you're entitled to your opinion and there's an outside chance you will be proved right but i doubt it  
    Yes it is my opinion, and there is absolutely no doubt I could and hope to be wrong. And hope as you obviously know so much, you are right and we will see chuks banging them in, in the prem.maybe they’ll make the game 45 mins so he play a full game!!😂😜