Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• edited December 2020
    Fortunately I am great in that department. As I got older and slower playing football I got much dirtier. There another sex life set up for you :)
  • Who put this shit up?
  • This thread is indicative of just how much negatively has taken over CL recently.

The cynicism, the default position that whatever could go wrong will go wrong. It's not even gallows humour anymore. Have the last few years left a lot of fans addicted to crises and pessimism?

FFS, try and enjoy being a Charlton fan.

As the song goes, live, love, laugh and be happy.

LBR&WA
    Not sure that's fair. You can understand the negativity because of how poor we've been recently plus the general poor mood because of the pandemic, Christmas restrictions etc. I think most fans on here are very keen to get Schwartz through the door. My own comment was because Schwartz has got cold feet previously. Given the Brexit rules and the fact he can sign anytime, I'm not 100% convinced he isn't going to the do the same again. Pleased to see Bowyer's comments about the two incomings though, I'm more confident now. 
    ignore him - he's playing club cheerleader 
  • Could Schwartz sign say today or last week though? Isn't he still registered with another club who we will pay a fee to.
  • Scoham said:
    Is there anything more cringe than someone saying ‘life, love, laugh and be happy’?
    Is there anything more cringe than someone saying ‘life, love, laugh and be happy’?

I'm feelin' glad all over

This:

Hideous
    Very weird video, and should carry an X certificate. :s
    Thing is, what has this to do with the thread, and the relevance of
    whether or not Schwartz has signed?
  • Scoham said:

This:

Hideous
    Very weird video, and should carry an X certificate. :s
    Thing is, what has this to do with the thread, and the relevance of
    whether or not Schwartz has signed?
    Not a lot really, lyrics to Red Red Robin was deemed far better than the Stripeys Glad All Over.
  • I’ve heard that the Pfiffelminister is nailed on to sign and has been training with the club. #ITK 

• Could be one of our rasher signings (!), especially as he comes from the club majority-owned by the Brentford guy. So, not good enough for the Bees but ok for Charlton ....

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

This:

Hideous

Check out Amie.
  • Looking forward to seeing Schwartz peppering the opposition's goal
  • Seems pretty clear to me from Bowyer’s comments that Schwartz is already at the club, plus wasn’t he seen in the stands at a recent match. 

Good news as it’ll circumvent the immigration rule changes and means he’s already been training with the rest of the squad. Hopefully they’ve got a bit of fitness into him so we can use him for more than 10 minutes here and there before the end of January.

More likely Aneke and Washington will get injured forcing us to play Schwartz too much and too soon and him getting injured as a result (negative enough for you Henry?). 
  • I’m gonna put myself out and say Ronnie will end up top goal scorer 
  • Scoham said:

This:

Hideous
    NURSE................................THE SCREENS!
  • SamB09 said:
    Paying relatively big money for a striker thats scored in europe and people are still being negative ... 

can’t see washington or bogle ever scoring in europe so it should be w decent upgrade. Will he be our only foreign player?
    Washington scored for Northern Ireland away in Estonia!
  • Seems pretty clear to me from Bowyer’s comments that Schwartz is already at the club, plus wasn’t he seen in the stands at a recent match. 

Good news as it’ll circumvent the immigration rule changes and means he’s already been training with the rest of the squad. Hopefully they’ve got a bit of fitness into him so we can use him for more than 10 minutes here and there before the end of January.

More likely Aneke and Washington will get injured forcing us to play Schwartz too much and too soon and him getting injured as a result (negative enough for you Henry?). 
    Need to top that drink up. Seems to be half empty.
  • edited January 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    I have to be honest and we all have players we like and don't like so much, but I prefer Bogle to Washington. I know some will laugh at that, but I prefer his attributes. Of course Aneke is above both of them. I would like to see Bowyer try Bogle with Aneke. I think they have only had about 5 minutes together, against Ipswich, and we scored in those!
    Nah I prefer Washington to Bogle as a striker... 

Washington P17, GS6, A1
    Bogle P14, GS2, A1 

This is without even mentioning his workrate, which is much higher than Bogles.

Bogle has technical ability, but neither the willingness or effort to be consistent as shown by his career.
    Washington started 14 , come on as sub in 3, played 1254 mins , 6 goals 1 assist ...... goal interaction every 179 mins 

Bogle Started 10, come on as sub in 4 , played , 724 mins , 2 goals 1 assist ....goal interaction 241 mins .

How many penalty’s has Washington scored /missed , I know he missed one that Bogle wanted to take , who won that penalty and would it count as an assist if scored .
    If Bogle had netted a couple of pens and Washington hadn’t then stats would be similar and Bogle prolly have better goal interaction time ratio .

Washington is ahead with his work rate for me , I watch and never get excited when either are playing , all a bit ordinary to me but with Chuks I’m thinking something could happen here 

Chuks started 4 , come on as sub in 10, played 564 mins, 6 goals 0 assist  .....goal interaction every 94 mins 

*all stats from transfermarket*

Watching either of them is a bit cringe,
    I live for Charlton matches and love watching them , although when either Washington or Bogle get a chance it makes me laugh how pony they are,  I can’t say I’m happy with either .
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Sounds like Schwartz has been Training with the first team for a while, so Bowyer has been able to get a good look at him and obviously likes what he sees 
    I’m wondering if the fact Schwartz has been in training has had an affect on Bogle.
    He knows it’s gonna knock him down the order .
    I know he wasn’t pulling up trees anyway but his body language has looked appalling in recent times, as if he is carrying the world on his shoulders 
    Could well be. Also that the bloke clearly puts a lot of pressure on himself to perform well and score goals, and he just hasn't been doing either
    Sorted it for you. 
  • Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Sounds like Schwartz has been Training with the first team for a while, so Bowyer has been able to get a good look at him and obviously likes what he sees 
    I’m wondering if the fact Schwartz has been in training has had an affect on Bogle.
    I know he wasn’t pulling up trees anyway but his body language has looked appalling in recent times, as if he is carrying the world on his shoulders 
    Could well be. Also that the bloke clearly puts a lot of pressure on himself to perform well and score goals, and he just hasn't been doing either
    Sorted it for you. 
    Everyone was raving about his hold-up play and workrate but a few weeks ago, funny how quickly the narrative changes with a bad miss. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Sorted it for you. 
    Everyone was raving about his hold-up play and workrate but a few weeks ago, funny how quickly the narrative changes with a bad miss. 
    Tbf, I read those positive comments. I didn't see those matches but I'm not basing my comment on one bad miss. In all the matches I've seen him play, he has been sadly wanting in every aspect of his play. 

Perhaps he can turn it around but I see no signs that he can. 
  • Look forward to Schwartz 0 in 17 record. 
  • .oohaahmortimer said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I have to be honest and we all have players we like and don't like so much, but I prefer Bogle to Washington. I know some will laugh at that, but I prefer his attributes. Of course Aneke is above both of them. I would like to see Bowyer try Bogle with Aneke. I think they have only had about 5 minutes together, against Ipswich, and we scored in those!
    Nah I prefer Washington to Bogle as a striker... 

Washington P17, GS6, A1
    Bogle P14, GS2, A1 

This is without even mentioning his workrate, which is much higher than Bogles.

Bogle has technical ability, but neither the willingness or effort to be consistent as shown by his career.

How many penalty’s has Washington scored /missed , I know he missed one that Bogle wanted to take , who won that penalty and would it count as an assist if scored .

If Bogle had netted a couple of pens and Washington hadn’t then stats would be similar and Bogle prolly have better goal interaction time ratio .

Bogle won that penalty. Maybe that's why he wanted to take it .... because he believed he would have scored himself anyway if he hadn't been fouled?

• Many players are confidence players. What that penalty incident showed was that Bogle is definitely one of those as he was too desperate for a goal. The worst thing we can do with these sort of players is get on their backs. If every time the ball comes to you, part of you is feeling a pressure to prove yourself, the weight of that can prevent you doing your best. The manager taking him off after 20 or so minutes wouldn't have helped. Especially as he was no worse than most of our other players on the pitch. 

What I would say to Bogle if I was his manager was he has already achieved something most people can't do in becoming a professional footballer. Sod the fans, sod Bowyer and those watching you with the expectation of failure. Just remember why you wanted to be a player, enjoy the fact you are one and just enjoy it. Relax and remember you have nothing to prove to anybody.