Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Options
    been trying to do that for a year - make or break for LB - i'm rooting fpr him to pull through and return to form 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    mendonca said:
    I'd say the tone and mood is as exciting as Bowyer's this season?
    No it’s not. Bows thinks we will finish top six and have a decent squad. He does not think all our strikers are crap. He does not think all our midfielders are crap. He does not think all our defenders are crap. He does not think any new signings will be unfit, injured within a week, and prove to be crap.
    For a squad bought together with no money in four weeks with no pre-season we are doing remarkably well and performing well above what could reasonably be expected.
    I do think that some of you need a reality check, stop being negative about everyone at the Club and get behind the manager and the team.
    Happy New Year.
    Some of us think we have a decent squad and have set our sights appropriately. Some are happy finishing mid-table and haven't.
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Paying relatively big money for a striker thats scored in europe and people are still being negative ... 

can’t see washington or bogle ever scoring in europe so it should be w decent upgrade. Will he be our only foreign player?
    Other than the goals Washington and Bogle have scored in full internationals or for Den Haag, respectively? 
  • Options
    Has he had the thumbs up from Thomas Driesen yet?
  • Options
    Is there anything more cringe than someone saying ‘life, love, laugh and be happy’?
    Was thinking the same. Not sure it's particularly apt in the middle of a pandemic either!
  • Options
    This thread is indicative of just how much negatively has taken over CL recently.

The cynicism, the default position that whatever could go wrong will go wrong. It's not even gallows humour anymore. Have the last few years left a lot of fans addicted to crises and pessimism?

FFS, try and enjoy being a Charlton fan.

As the song goes, live, love, laugh and be happy.

LBR&WA
    Not sure that's fair. You can understand the negativity because of how poor we've been recently plus the general poor mood because of the pandemic, Christmas restrictions etc. I think most fans on here are very keen to get Schwartz through the door. My own comment was because Schwartz has got cold feet previously. Given the Brexit rules and the fact he can sign anytime, I'm not 100% convinced he isn't going to the do the same again. Pleased to see Bowyer's comments about the two incomings though, I'm more confident now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else get the horrible feeling this is going to fall through again? 
    If so then Schwartz is the biggest time waster I've ever known

What with being at the Wimbledon game etc.
    I wouldn't be that quick to be judgemental, Forever. Give the lad a chance or at least know all the facts first.  :smile:

He's a bloke just like you and me, moving himself and maybe family from a different country ....... and with all the restrictions and fear of Covid happening right now.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I wouldn't be that quick to be judgemental, Forever. Give the lad a chance or at least know all the facts first.  :smile:

He's a bloke just like you and me, moving himself and maybe family from a different country ....... and with all the restrictions and fear of Covid happening right now.

Absolutely but he got cold feet and rejected the move a few months ago. Would be ridiculous if he was to do so again. 
  • Options
    Is there anything more cringe than someone saying ‘life, love, laugh and be happy’?
    Was thinking the same. Not sure it's particularly apt in the middle of a pandemic either!
    have I been whooshed twice here ?

Have you not heard the phrase before ?

Better tell them to stop playing Red Red Robin at the ground then
  • Options
    My fear is that he won't be able to adjust to the rough and tumble of League One. Delighted if proved wrong of course.
    The rough and tough on the training ground will probably put him out for six months the way things are.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Oggy Red said:

I completely understand and sympathise with him for the first time

If he decided to go down that path again though I'd question why he didnt just save everyone the bother and explained it wasnt something he'd be interesting doing in the future

Seem to remember Randers (?) one of his old clubs showing interest towards the end of the transfer window so he wasnt going to be stuck @ Midgetland

As someone else has said on here, regardless of his choice, he's still got nothing on Andy Delort's Dad for pissing around lol!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    have I been whooshed twice here ?

Have you not heard the phrase before ?

Better tell them to stop playing Red Red Robin at the ground then
    Eh? I've heard the phrase, I agreed with cafcsinger I found it a bit cringe. In fairness to Henry, the reason I probably find it that way is due to an ex-girlfriends tattoo!
  • Options
    No, I've heard that the Royal Air Force is considering a change too - "Through adversity to the stars"; but I guess the RNLI are ok with "With courage, nothing is impossible"?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    RedChaser said:
    Dizzle said:
    Will that be in time to play vs Hull?
    Wouldn’t have thought so I think you have to register by 12 noon the previous day of a game but don’t quote me and Cawley does say early next week which would be Monday.
    Dont worry its a perfect chance for Ronnie to start against Accrington and for the whole country to join us in solidarity as we question what the hell we've just purchased

Especially when he blazes wide from a yard out, and has a touch so heavy he scores an own goal (from the opposition half)
    Dave Shipperly did that from the centre circle around Easter 1972 against Leyton Orient to help send us down on 29th April that year when we lost the final game away to Blackpool 5-0 when a 3-0 defeat would have kept us up irc.
    I remember that own goal clearly. No one could believe what they'd just seen, let alone poor old Shipp, crouched with his head in his hands.
    Our keeper was beaten all ends up - it was spectacular; if it had been scored at the right end, it would have been goal of the season.

We'd been muddling along in mid-table all season, never in trouble ...... until that own goal and home defeat to Orient started a relegation rot that we never recovered from. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Can't believe we've nearly done 3 pages and the word 'plaffeminister' hasn't been typed yet 

I can - or I did.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Dizzle said:
    Will that be in time to play vs Hull?
    Wouldn’t have thought so I think you have to register by 12 noon the previous day of a game but don’t quote me and Cawley does say early next week which would be Monday.
    Dont worry its a perfect chance for Ronnie to start against Accrington and for the whole country to join us in solidarity as we question what the hell we've just purchased

Especially when he blazes wide from a yard out, and has a touch so heavy he scores an own goal (from the opposition half)
    Dave Shipperly did that from the centre circle around Easter 1972 against Leyton Orient to help send us down on 29th April that year when we lost the final game away to Blackpool 5-0 when a 3-0 defeat would have kept us up irc.
    Orient was the last home game I went to with my Granddad. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Anyone know how much he has played recently?
    https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=48203

26th July: Last game for Midgetland... Played 45-mins
    22nd July: Last goal, came against Brondby, played 84-mins
    17th July... Last game he played the full match
    Thanks.  Hope this is not going to be one of those guys that will take weeks to get up to full match fitness then.
    Weeks? I like your optimism 😉
    Should have added weeks to get fit then gets injured 😉
  • Options
    Well, I'm looking forward to Ronnie joining us and hitting the back of the net with alarming regularity.......starting with a brace against Accrington who were one of the instigators of the wage cap. They will be put to the sword by the spice meister.

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    This thread is escalating quite nicely 😈
    Tis the season to be jolly.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I'm feelin' glad all over

This:

Urgh that's horrible