Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Options
    Why cant the relevant paperwork be completed before to make it so hes available? Or is it a case of registering him on the day hence making him unavailable?
  • Options
    Still punting all hope on him being over here already to have started training with the squad. Otherwise working on the assumption that he'll be about as fit as Aiden McGeady when he came to us in January 
  • Options
    Why cant the relevant paperwork be completed before to make it so hes available? Or is it a case of registering him on the day hence making him unavailable?
    He can be signed at any time, and possibly already has, but can't play until the window officially opens.

WIOTOS
  • Options
    Anyone know how much he has played recently?
    https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=48203

26th July: Last game for Midgetland... Played 45-mins
    22nd July: Last goal, came against Brondby, played 84-mins
    17th July... Last game he played the full match
    Thanks.  Hope this is not going to be one of those guys that will take weeks to get up to full match fitness then.
    He definitely will be. Can't see him playing for weeks
  • Options
    It's certainly true that there has been feverish pre-Brexit activity by English clubs. Take West Ham. Flushed with the rare success of Tomas Soucek, and the fact that Coufal is at least doing better than their previous Czech defender, the unforgettable Tomas Repka, they are now reported to be after three more Slavia Prague players, plus Alex Kral who is now at Spartak Moscow but previously with Slavia. That's kinda weird. No news yet though on whether any go through.
  • Options
    okay thanks HI - what were we thinking - discussing possible issues with transfer targets and i presume Lee Bowyer's bizarre team management, on a football forum - how ridiculous - got any more pre war artefacts we can look at or any ITK info that will keep these ridiculous thoughts from popping into our heads?
  • Options
    If we do sign Ronnie Schwartz will he be a Bowyer signing or a Sandsgaard signing
  • Options
    My fear is that he won't be able to adjust to the rough and tumble of League One. Delighted if proved wrong of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big pressure on him to hit the ground running. Looking forward to see what he can do as we really need a natural goalscorer up top.
  • Options
    shuffs67 said:
    If we do sign Ronnie Schwartz will he be a Bowyer signing or a Sandsgaard signing
    I think for the first time in a long time, it's a joint decision between the Manager and Owner.
  • Options
    big transfer window all round for LB - hopefully the pap he is coming out with in his post match comments is just that coz he needs to move a lot of chess pieces around this window if our pitiful form is to be turned around 
  • Options
    It's certainly true that there has been feverish pre-Brexit activity by English clubs. Take West Ham. Flushed with the rare success of Tomas Soucek, and the fact that Coufal is at least doing better than their previous Czech defender, the unforgettable Tomas Repka, they are now reported to be after three more Slavia Prague players, plus Alex Kral who is now at Spartak Moscow but previously with Slavia. That's kinda weird. No news yet though on whether any go through.
    West Slavs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Slavs

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    God you lot are a miserable bunch.
    Spot on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd say the tone and mood is as exciting as Bowyer's this season?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    LB added bits to a squad he inherited and it worked when we got promoted  - this squad is a re build - the ongoing injury issues have de-railed it and the wage cap has hampered it but to have 1 striker out of 4 that is up to standard and no pace at all going forwards is a big problem and he will be judged ultimately on the business he does this window - i want him to get it right and we can put the last year's performances behind us and re-embark on the Bowyer 'journey'. Nearly all of the promotion team are now playing at championship level or equivalent  - that's why you get promoted - coz collectively you are better than the division you are in - let the corrective surgery commence.  
  • Options
    Paying relatively big money for a striker thats scored in europe and people are still being negative ... 

can’t see washington or bogle ever scoring in europe so it should be w decent upgrade. Will he be our only foreign player?
  • Options
    Is there anything more cringe than someone saying ‘life, love, laugh and be happy’?
  • Options
    We tried to sign him in the last window so there space had to be there within the cap. Hopefully this will be the deal that elevates us that little bit where it is needed.
  • Options
    Anyone else get the horrible feeling this is going to fall through again? 
    If so then Schwartz is the biggest time waster I've ever known

I have one word for you:

Delort.
    Ligue 1 player of the month for November.
    He’s done a Sheffield United and come good.
  • Options
    Is there anything more cringe than someone saying ‘life, love, laugh and be happy’?

I'm feelin' glad all over

my grandad was married to a lady called Glad..
  • Options
    I hope this is not a Déjà vu moment a la Duchelet and his Belgium/standard liege players?