Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Options
    i have faith in Gallen , Bowyer and TS that Schwarz will be a good addition although i can see why people are concerned, looking at the facts re his age etc etc - its the pacy signings that we need just as desperately because regardless of what Lb is saying, we do not create anywhere near enough chances for a team wanting promotion.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Redrobo said:
    iaitch said:
    Biggest thing that worries me about Schwartz is he seems the sort of striker who'll pounce on a loose ball and will be sniffing around the penalty area a lot

Might just be the fact his YouTube highlights dont show that side, but would like to see what his other attributes are like, e.g. bringing others into play, holding the ball up etc.

If he doesnt hit the ground running then am sure a lot will start questioning his transfer, when in fact his contribution will surely be around what his team mates create for him

i.e. Whenever did Wright-Phillips do anything like that, he was constantly on the shoulder of the last defender
    You mean if he hasn't got a hat trick in the first 10 minutes then he'll be written off....another Polish Pete, Makienok etc etc
    Exactly... I think the fact he's Danish will count against him too

If he was a different Nationality playing elsewhere in Europe with a similar scoring record then he'd probably get more leeway

People have been burnt by Roland with his signings so a few probably see Schwartz as a similar signing
    You think fans will turn against a player from the same Country as our new owner because Roland was from Belgium? 
    I think most fans will have far more respect than that.
    No I'm sure some will question if its another network type signing that has been forced on to Gallen and Bowyer

Especially as I dont think Bowyer / Gallen have signed a player from abroad yet?
  • Options
    I see him as the new Simon Church.
  • Options
    Im optimistic he'll do well but need to have realistic expectations too, he might need a bit of time to settle in and get match fit.

Adding pace to our midfield/attack is what could make the biggest difference.

When Doughty played if teams pressed us high up the pitch we had an outlet and we could punish them, e.g. his goal v Crewe or the own goal he created (can’t remember which game).

If they sit deep to take away that threat that’ll open up space in midfield. Wimbledon tried to do that and with Maddison and Williams both on the pitch we were able to break them down.

There’s a negative feeling at the moment but 2/3 signings could make a huge difference.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Im not expecting Schwartz to hit the ground running but he is going to have to to have an effect on the team. My concern is the lack of pace in the team, that needs addressing and it looks like it will be from Gallens interview this week. Would like us to go for a Sorba Thomas type and also spend some money on young talent with experience. 

Reading some think Aneke is better than Lyle lol there is no comparison! Lyle scored 25 goals with 10 assists last time out, Chuks struggles to play for an hour and scores from the bench, he has potential but nowhere near the player Taylor was for us. 
  • Options
    Still no announcement  by the club yet...I do love a mystery. 
    It is a mystery why we get our hopes up about another striker who only lives up to his name by being on strike.

I can't  get excited by a 31 year old with not much previous who has played in a league that really doesn't  match the Scottish leagues and for teams whose names I can't pronounce correctly unless I put a go stopper in my mouth.
    Cawley said it wouldnt be happening till next week

Bowyer said we couldnt do anything until Monday, although I dont know why he thinks that as the window opened today
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Sounds like Schwartz has been Training with the first team for a while, so Bowyer has been able to get a good look at him and obviously likes what he sees 
    I’m wondering if the fact Schwartz has been in training has had an affect on Bogle.
    He knows it’s gonna knock him down the order .
    I know he wasn’t pulling up trees anyway but his body language has looked appalling in recent times, as if he is carrying the world on his shoulders 
    Could well be. Also that the bloke clearly puts a lot of pressure on himself to perform well and score goals, and he just hasn't been doing either
    Sorted it for you. 
    Everyone was raving about his hold-up play and workrate but a few weeks ago, funny how quickly the narrative changes with a bad miss. 
    Not everyone. He's a non league player, said it the moment he signed. 
    Obviously you know more about it than say Neil Warnock or Warren Joyce? 
    HoHo Bogles fan club, I know you like to bang on about all the goals he has scored  :D:D:D is he a personal friend of yours ? Tell me one club above league 2 where he was a success.
  • Options
    Could someone point me to all these posts from fans writing Schwartz off?  I have not seen any. 

Just a few that point out it is not a certainty he will be a success, but that seems fair enough on a fans forum and is the same with every player that joins us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Sounds like Schwartz has been Training with the first team for a while, so Bowyer has been able to get a good look at him and obviously likes what he sees 
    I’m wondering if the fact Schwartz has been in training has had an affect on Bogle.
    I know he wasn’t pulling up trees anyway but his body language has looked appalling in recent times, as if he is carrying the world on his shoulders 
    Could well be. Also that the bloke clearly puts a lot of pressure on himself to perform well and score goals, and he just hasn't been doing either
    Sorted it for you. 
    Everyone was raving about his hold-up play and workrate but a few weeks ago, funny how quickly the narrative changes with a bad miss. 
    HoHo Bogles fan club, I know you like to bang on about all the goals he has scored  :D:D:D is he a personal friend of yours ? Tell me one club above league 2 where he was a success.
    League 2 is above non-league you jebend.

7 different managers have signed him to play in league 1 or above, 2 of them Joyce and Warnock have paid money for him yet you KNEW he was non-league before you he even played for us. 

I assume your a professional football scout?  If not get on the blower to old Colin at Boro, could probably save you him a fortune as you obviously know more about football than him. 

• Options
    Wonder how many on here wrote off Yann Kermogant before he kicked a ball for us.

Remember that penalty miss? and 1 goal in 25 games for Leicester.
    Not very impressive was it.

When Ronnie Schwartz signs, can I be the first to say ...... underwhelmed!

That's what quite a few respected posters said when we signed Yann Kermorgant (I didn't mention you AFKA, did I ?)  :smile:

• Options
    Hope Ronnie isnt watching today!
  • Options
    Hope Ronnie isnt watching today!
    But Thomas will be.

• Options
    Time for Mjolnir to strike down upon Bowyer's management reign.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Sorted it for you. 

7 different managers have signed him to play in league 1 or above, 2 of them Joyce and Warnock have paid money for him yet you KNEW he was non-league before you he even played for us. 

I assume your a professional football scout?  If not get on the blower to old Colin at Boro, could probably save you him a fortune as you obviously know more about football than him. 

You had too many shandies ? Thanks for letting me know League 2 is above non league, please do let me know where I have suggested otherwise.

7 different managers have signed him you say, lucky him but you haven't answered my question & named one club above league 2 where he was a success.

Oh by the way although a keen amateur in my youth I have never played for us.

A jebend ? I guess you didn't want to be the only one 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Interesting analysis.

From which we may conclude:

Ronnie is reasonably mobile.
    Has good movement, knack of losing his marker and finding space in the box..
    Will drift out wide, before cutting  inside. Able to thread a pass and assist.
    Likes to shoot; oh, boy, does he like to shoot.
    Scores most of his goals in the box.
    Not so strong in the air.

Sounds like he's got some similar attributes and positioning of Lyle Taylor.
    Be good if he's got a bit of guile and ability to do the unexpected.

Same as Bogle...but only because his marker has his feet up with a cigar. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Sorted it for you. 

You had too many shandies ? Thanks for letting me know League 2 is above non league, please do let me know where I have suggested otherwise.

7 different managers have signed him you say, lucky him but you haven't answered my question & named one club above league 2 where he was a success.

You said he was non-league before we signed him yet are now saying he was a success in league 2.  Thus making your own argument void.  If you want to spout shit to fit your agenda at least remember the last pile of bollocks you came out with. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've no idea how well Ronnie will ultimately do for us, but I strongly believe we won't find out for a while.
    I expect to hear how he "needs to be brought up to fitness" for a while.
    I'll stick my neck out and say I bet he doesn't start a game until February
  • Options
    I asked the Head Danish FM researcher about Schwartz when we were first expecting to sign him. He didn’t have much to say other than he felt he’d work best in a 2 striker formation alongside a target man.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I asked the Head Danish FM researcher about Schwartz when we were first expecting to sign him. He didn’t have much to say other than he felt he’d work best in a 2 striker formation alongside a target man.
    Although, according to the analysis above, last season he has played the lone striker role.

Bowyer generally likes 2 strikers in tandem, however.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Sorted it for you. 

You said he was non-league before we signed him yet are now saying he was a success in league 2.  Thus making your own argument void.  If you want to spout shit to fit your agenda at least remember the last pile of bollocks you came out with. 
    Ooh touchy throwing in a couple naughty words, that does make you sound clever. Now please show me where I said he was non league before we signed him & actually it was you who said he was successful at Grimsby in one of your posts a couple of months ago pointing out all the goals he had scored half of those were in the National league the other half in league 2. That is why I asked where he had been successful above league 2 but you were unable to answer that or anything else I have asked regarding your mate bogle so I think that makes you void rather than my argument.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    iaitch said:
    Hasn’t played in 6 months.
    Never played in English football before.
    Has previous with injuries.
    31 years old so presumably past his best.

I’m not writing him off, but strikes me as a bit of a punt to be honest. Prove me wrong Ronnie!
    Not writing him off but you really want to judging by your staements.

Past his best at 31, that Ronaldo chap is doing ok at 35. 
    I don't know if our fanbase is unique but we certainly have a lot who write players off before they start to play for us.
    I merely stated some reasons why my first impression is one of skepticism. People are allowed their opinions, would make for a dull forum if every signing we made people blindly said they’re always going to do well.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Sorted it for you. 

Ooh touchy throwing in a couple naughty words, that does make you sound clever. Now please show me where I said he was non league before we signed him & actually it was you who said he was successful at Grimsby in one of your posts a couple of months ago pointing out all the goals he had scored half of those were in the National league the other half in league 2. That is why I asked where he had been successful above league 2 but you were unable to answer that or anything else I have asked regarding your mate bogle so I think that makes you void rather than my argument.
    "Not everyone. He's a non league player, said it the moment he signed. "
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    A big problem with Bowyer is he thought Pratley was playing well......he was out of position constantly mistimed challenges and beaten for pace....scary
    Don't want to derail this thread but it seems Pratley and Watson are untouchable. 

No matter how badly they play they're never dropped and never criticised. If Morgan or Williams put in some of the performances they've had this season, they'd be called out or in the U23s.
    Seems like they thought that too and sorted that out yesterday 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cool. Just need to convince John Toshack, Mick Jones or Bobby Smith to sign  ;)