Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Welcome to CAFC
    Ronnie Schwartz.

I hope the sprained ankle you received after tripping in the pot hole at the valley car park doesn't keep you out too long.

Black is black
    We want our Ronnie back.
    It's grey, it's grey,
    Since he went away

Black is black
    Now he's strained his back
    It's grey it's grey
    He don't want much pay

Black is black
    The physio cured his back
    It's grey it's grey
    Ronnie scored today.

At least it's got a happy ending  :) 

• he looks the part - aggressive, confident, explosive - a bit Hales like - lets hope bowyer takes the handbrake off and allows him to deliver the goods  
  • Is this actually a Gallen signing?

Bit of a coincidence that he is Danish.
    From memory, a danish scout recommended him to TS. Gallen was apparently aware of him and was happy for him to sign
  • DOUCHER said:
    he looks the part - aggressive, confident, explosive - a bit Hales like - lets hope bowyer takes the handbrake off and allows him to deliver the goods  
    I thought his finishes were Hales like, I was just not brave enough to say so!
  • Exciting signing 
  • He will give defenders a headache, which I'm pleased about.
    We haven't laid a glove on a lot of these tin pot defences we keep coming up against.
  • Sponsored links:

• Here’s his FM20 profile, because why not. Proper poacher.

• Swisdom said:
    I've just watched about 30 of his goals going back over the last couple of years - he certainly comes alive in the box.  Very clean striker of the ball and loves an emphatic finish

Slight concern for me is we are not exactly laying it on a plate for the strikers...we never have done really.  Rest assured if he gets service he will score but the service is critical to his success.

Bowyer-ball, at it's best has always been about creating fewer but very high quality chances. I think if you look back to the last season in League One, you'll see we were really good at working the ball into the box so that most of our shots happened between the posts and less than 18 yards from goal. Both goals at Wembley, for example. Even this season, we have created good chances that have gone begging - just on Saturday, despite all the negativity around that performance, we had a striker take an air shot 6 yards out in the centre of the goal.
    This is a really good point, and a big part of the reason Bowyer gets so pissed off at individuals. When we had Taylor and Grant we were converting so many of our chances and looking much better as a result. We only
    get about 25 mins per game where Chuks looks like recreating that so we’ve been reliant on being solid and winning by 1 or 2 to nil. People like Bonne and Bogle missing those good chances really reduces our odds of coming away with anything. Bowyer will be very happy to have someone a bit more clinical in who can finish our quality chances 
  • ‘The Gunslinger’

Quality.

• ‘The Gunslinger’

Quality.

We should adopt that nickname to help make him feel at home don’t you think? 
  • Incidentally most sides in the Danish Superliga are at least League One standard and FC Midtjylland are probably Lower Prem/Top Championship nowadays so I think he’ll adjust ok. 
    Won’t have lower Prem/top Championship standard teammates setting him up though, so perhaps even more important that he’s clinical and takes his chances.
  • Sponsored links:

• He’ll get one of these ridiculous new work permits just on Midtjylland champions league group stage qualification 
  • Welcome Ronnie! May your time be happy and your goals plenty. 
  • Welcome Ronnie
  • I see this going 2 ways
    1) He plays CB
    2) He plays upfront and we all get back aboard HMS piss the league now its been refloated! 
  • Wow wow wow, now there’s a surprise, this one came out of nowhere.
  • edited January 2021
    Redrobo said:
    DOUCHER said:
    he looks the part - aggressive, confident, explosive - a bit Hales like - lets hope bowyer takes the handbrake off and allows him to deliver the goods  
    ‘The Gunslinger’

Quality.

Charlton Athletic footballer Derek Hales poses with his

• Welcome Gunslinger.
  • Redrobo said:
    DOUCHER said:
    ‘The Gunslinger’

Quality.

OMG I am still in love with Killer!
  • Welcome and good luck Ronnie.