Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Well played England, sets Sunday up nicely now
  • Options
    An extremely good game for Moeen tbh. Sunday is huge for him though - India won't let him bowl 10 overs for 47 twice. 
  • Options
    I'm beginning to wish we were flying home tonight.....
    It’s the mark of a man who can put his hand up and admit he was wrong 
  • Options
    I honestly began to feel sorry for kuldeep especially when he couldn't take that catch on the boundary and nearly hurt his back ...dt think pandya junior is much of a bowler either but Stokes innings was a real pleasure to watch. Good to see him produce something special.I also liked Livingstone's contribution at the end ..that shows promise. Need a better show from the skipper as a bat,keeper and skipper next time 

Pleasure to watch that half hour from Ben though..he plays some really memorable knocks and it was about time for one to come round 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    The Curran brothers have never really rocked my boat.......particularly Tom.
    Unfortunately they are not England class IMHO and need replacing ASAP.
    Sorry about that.
    Replacing with who? They're only back ups in the squad anyway behind Wood, Archer, Woakes and Jordan. Who would be your backup bowlers?
    I don’t follow the county game like I used to, so I honestly can’t suggest who should replace them.
    I know they were there as backups but I wasn’t too happy about it as what little I have seen of them didn’t fill me with much confidence that they should be anywhere near the England set up.
  • Options
    will Capn Morgan (ooh argh) get back in the side ? .. the days of selection solely for superb captaincy surely left the building with Mike Brearley
  • Options
    will Capn Morgan (ooh argh) get back in the side ? .. the days of selection solely for superb captaincy surely left the building with Mike Brearley
    Yes. For as long as he says he's available.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    From TMS;

Stokes' 52-ball 99 was simply incredible.

These were his 12 deliveries after reaching 50.

6, 6, 6, 1, 6, 4, 2, 6, 6, 2, 4, W.

That's not bad but he's no
    Chris Tavare
  • Options
    Yes, definitely. He’s one of our best finishers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The question is whether you think he can lead the team at the next World Cup. I still think Morgan sneaks into the team as a batsman and is a great captain so it's a no brainer at the moment. But if there's any doubt as to whether he can captain the side and bat well in the next World Cup then I think you have to consider his position. 
  • Options
    The question is whether you think he can lead the team at the next World Cup. I still think Morgan sneaks into the team as a batsman and is a great captain so it's a no brainer at the moment. But if there's any doubt as to whether he can captain the side and bat well in the next World Cup then I think you have to consider his position. 
    I'm certain he will decide when he's had enough, before there's any question if replacing him. 

I just hope that, if he goes into coaching it's with England and not with another country  
  • Options
    India put in and are currently 84-0 off 12. We haven't bowled very well although the pitch looks an absolute road.
  • Options
    Great bowl from Rashid to dismiss Rohit with his googly 

103-1 off14.4
  • Options
    Wahey! 21 runs 3 wickets! 

121-3
  • Options
    103-0 to 121-3

Rashid with a C and B to dismiss Dhawan and then Moeen comes to the party in bowling Kohli
  • Options
    When our spinners are ripping through the attack it does scare me a bit.
  • Options
    Lets hope Pants is not on fire today.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    When our spinners are ripping through the attack it does scare me a bit.
    The good news is that India replaced a spinner with a medium pacer
  • Options
    Lets hope Pants is not on fire today.
    Pant is a ridiculous batsman. He's only 23 too and is now using his head as well as his skillset
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I read that as skillet and was trying to work out what you meant. 

I am a mug. 
  • Options
    There's good balls that get wickets. That was a bad ball and an even worse shot!
  • Options
    Great fight back by England here.
    India looked set for a score of 300 plus.
    Get Pant out now and they should fall well short of that.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Good work for England. Excellent that we have their finishers who like to bat the last 10 overs in at the halfway stage. Will mean that they can't play their natural game.
  • Options
    Great fight back by England here.
    India looked set for a score of 300 plus.
    Get Pant out now and they should fall well short of that.

Prior to that first dismissal India were trading at evens to get 375. They are still that price to get 325
  • Options
    It might be time to bin the Lawrence experiment. He's done his job though.
  • Options
    The old saying about doubling your score after 30 overs would give them 412. If these two (plus the other Pandya to come) batting for the duration then I wouldn't put it passed them getting near to 400.
  • Options
    Livingstone?
  • Options
    Livingstone?
    Yes Lawrence Livingstone! I always get the two confused. Should presume it's Livingstone. Unless it's actually Lawrence.
  • Options
    Good work for England. Excellent that we have their finishers who like to bat the last 10 overs in at the halfway stage. Will mean that they can't play their natural game.
    Cheers cants