Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Bit concerning how much they’ve scored already on this pitch.

Crowds are weird out there. There were cheering Pujara’s wicket as it meant Kohli was coming in to bat.

• I would wager that no side, having beaten India in a Test, has in the very next game of the series changed three of their four front line bowlers. In fact, probably not many sides against any opposition have done so unless the last match happened to be a dead rubber. 
  • I fear only two results possible already 
  • MrOneLung said:
    I fear only two results possible already 
    Two? I fear just one!

And so do the layers - India are 1.3 to win
  • edited February 2021
    Session 1 England.  (India) 106-3
    Session 2 India.  83-0 =   189-3
    Session 3 ?
  • I know we're only 2 sessions into the test match, but this is worrying. 

I fear an England win is already unlikely 
  • Tough session for England, but I thought we were a bit unlucky, with a few aerial shots just falling short of fielders. The bowlers and fielders kept at it well, but this could now turn into a 320+ for 4 kind of first day. 
  • Simon Hughes is great to listen to.

Great insight on this pitch to the last and Bess to Ali.
  • Simon Hughes sounds like James May 
  • Seems like it’s gonna be a “win the toss and win the match” kind of series...
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems the captaincy debate is still affecting Kohli. Long may it continue.
  • edited February 2021
    I would wager that no side, having beaten India in a Test, has in the very next game of the series changed three of their four front line bowlers. In fact, probably not many sides against any opposition have done so unless the last match happened to be a dead rubber. 

Impressed with Ollie Stone and coming in for the injured Archer made sense.

Ali got Kohli for a duck with a peach and understand why he has come in for young Bess.

Broad for Anderson is Problematical after the sublime Bowling by Jimmy in first test but we are talking a five day test in the heat of India with a short turn around.
  • After Moeen is smacked around the park, Root comes on and bowls a maiden. When you’re hot, you’re hot!
  • I know we're only 2 sessions into the test match, but this is worrying. 

I fear an England win is already unlikely 
    I fear even a draw is unlikely
  • MrOneLung said:
    Two? I fear just one!

What’s this in proper money? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Two? I fear just one!

30/100

i.e, if you put on £100 you get £130 back and a profit of just £30

The draw is 7.6 (13/2) and England to win is 10.0 (9/1)
  • edited February 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Two? I fear just one!

3/10.
  • I haven't look to see what bookies are offering but I am going to pitch our 1st innings score at 280. Who is happy to buy at that price?
  • Great work by Foakes. And that should have been given out even with benefit to the batsman as you can see a bit of the line from behind
  • edited February 2021
    Yes! Sharma gone, just as this game was starting to get away from us if we weren't careful. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If the umpire had the magic watch of the football refs, Rohit Sharma would have been out as his toe was on the line.

Jack Leach with another wicket; he has bowled so much better than the first innings in 1st test.
  • Great work by Foakes. And that should have been given out even with benefit to the batsman as you can see a bit of the line from behind
    Needed the angle from the other side. The wicket cam it looked safe which I think made the umpires mind up. Grrr. 
  • Suddenly it’s a completely different game
  • Wow that's a very dodgy umpire.
  • Damn, that was out 
  • Who is this 3rd Umpire? OK the stumping was close but to not go through the whole trajectory of the ball after impact is ridiculous!
  • edited February 2021
    We were robbed !

Justice !
  • What are these umpires doing... 
  • Why didn’t they understand what we were appealing for? 
  • Ha, doesn’t matter