Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• 206-221 the spread on England’s runs 
    Not now it won't be! I offered people a buy at 280 - no wonder there were no takers!
  • 23-3. Root out for 6.
  • Any advances on 150 
  • This is not a Test wicket by the way. At the beginning of the second day you should be able to play with confidence and we can't on that. 
  • edited February 2021
    Axar Patel strikes.
    23-3
    England rootless.
    150 looks unlikely.
  • Any advances on 150 
    Yours!!!
  • 206-221 the spread on England’s runs 
    Not now it won't be! I offered people a buy at 280 - no wonder there were no takers!
    I offered 250 no interest 

150 will be a result 

163-171 with sporting index 

• Any advances on 150 
    Yours!!!
    Sorry I was offering 
    never bidding ....
  • That 1.8 (4/5) before the game on India winning this Test is looking quite large now but the 1.66 (4/6) in hindsight was massive. They were hardly going to prepare a road were they?
  • Any advances on 150 
    Yours!!!
    Sorry I was offering 
    never bidding ....
    For us to get even 150 we would need a Stokes or Pope to get a 60 or 70. I might be tempted. On second thoughts probably not!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    The issue is that we can't do anything to spread the field a bit. With so many in catching positions we are living a bit of a slow death as reflected by Lawrence's 9 off 49 balls but then you chance your arm and you're back in the pavilion. Time isn't an issue but runs are.
  • edited February 2021
    And there you have it with the very last ball before lunch!

39-4 off 18 overs

• edited February 2021
    Last ball before lunch brings another wicket - Lawrence was struggling the whole time. 39-4
  • Eight wickets in a 26 over session...
  • 154-162 England’s runs are 
  • Yet again both openers are out cheaply and Root is in earlier than the number 4 should be.

Burns has now scored 53 runs in his last 7 innings and 33 of those came in one of them. I did say that we needed to give Burns this and the next Test to get a score but he has still not cured that fundamental flaw that keeps getting him out. If Burns fails again in the second innings and Lawrence does well in either should the latter be dropped for Crawley? Because Crawley needs to come back in the next Test doesn't he?

Trouble is Lawrence looks out of his depth too. Which brings me nicely back to someone new batting at 3. Suspect that will be Bairstow with Crawley opening though I would prefer Bairstow at 6 and someone a bit more classy batting at 3. Anyone any ideas who that could be?
  • Last frigging ball before lunch.

• Eight wickets in a 26 over session...
    As I say this isn't a Test wicket any more than the ones in the old days were where India would score 800-3!!!!
  • Oh bollocks. What a weekend of sport this is turning into.
  • Pope batting like he has a prior engagement starting in five minutes 
  • Sponsored links:

• There's a reason that Indian wins every home series since long John Silver had two good legs.
  • Murali Kartik saying that he has never seen a wicket like it - describes the surface as "powder"
  • The difference is that India had the best of the track but also that, despite dismissing them for a relatively low score, we didn't actually bowl that well on it. Moeen night have taken 4 wickets but he shouldn't be going for 128 runs off 29 overs on it.
  • And now Stokes has gone

52-5
  • I never thought that I would say this but "come on you Surrey boys!!!!"
  • Stokes nemesis strikes again.
  • Well, this is definitely not a good weekend. Thank God that Palace lost.
  • You know you're in trouble when Sibley is the one with the fastest run rate!
  • Foakes looks good - all the way forward or all the way back but nothing in between,

Yes you can blame me if and when the inevitable happens!
  • Foakes looks good - all the way forward or all the way back but nothing in between,

Yes you can blame me if and when the inevitable happens!
    Jeez, shhhhh.