Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Any advances on 150 
    Bit of a miracle required to get there.... 
  • If foakes keeps this up for the rest of the series no way they can justify keep picking Buttler as keeper 
  • Foakes looks good - all the way forward or all the way back but nothing in between,

Yes you can blame me if and when the inevitable happens!
    Jeez, shhhhh. 
    Top scored with 42 not out. I think I've well and truly buried my reputation as a great wicket taker.
  • No partner stays with the excellent Foakes on Valentine's day
  • We’re going to lose this one by 350-400 runs, aren’t we? 
  • Question of the day must be.......

How long will India bat on for...? Probably have enough already but certainly don't think we'd be able to chase down anything more than 250-280.......and that's with Root  Foakes & Stokes all getting in & getting 50's. 
  • Oomph. Just seen their start. It is a 5 day test match isn't it ? Looks like India want it done inside 4 days.
  • They've got 3 days so probably won't mind a bit of batting practice.
  • Its not a test match pitch. I don't mind it spinning on day one but its the uneven bounce and turn that shows its a poor pitch. 

As you'd expect we have got less out of it with bat and ball.
  • Axar for example didn't actually spin it. Just takes a couple of paces and puts it slow into the rough and let's the pitch do the rest 
  • Sponsored links:

• We don't have great spinners but have the best 2 fast/seamers in the world. Drop the spinners for the next Test & go in with Stone, Archer, Broad & Anderson. I bet they don't go for 4 an over like Moeen has. Root can bowl decent spin. 
  • I've been watching a Rahkeem Cornwall rampage instead this whole time. Much better for the soul
  • Bet365 have England at 12-1. Not sure anyone would want to risk £8 to win £100ish.
  • Doesn’t really matter given the match situation, but that is pathetic umpiring again 
  • Another shocking decision from the 3rd umpire. 
    Bordering on cheating 
  • Shock. Another umpiring error. 
  • Another bit of extremely poor umpiring. 

I guess we can just spend our second innings tucking the bat behind the pad and padding everything away. 
  • edited February 2021
    It's the on field umpire doing the cheating.
    Absolute fucking disgrace.
  • Another shocking decision from the 3rd umpire. 
    Bordering on cheating 
    Think it was the on field umpire ruined it by saying he offered a shot.
  • edited February 2021
    No wonder Joe was shaking his head.
    This umpire is watching a different match.
    No way was he playing a shot.

Just not getting the breaks. 

• Sponsored links:

• kigelia said:
    Another shocking decision from the 3rd umpire. 
    Bordering on cheating 
    Think it was the on field umpire ruined it by saying he offered a shot.
    Indeed it was
  • I think Joe Root needs to find his inner Mike Gatting & start wagging fingers.
  • Murali Kartik saying that he has never seen a wicket like it - describes the surface as "powder"
    Stamford Bridge @Jose Mouhrino years.
  • Big Rahkeem takes a ripper to win it! A thriller!

Oh was there some other cricket?
  • Sounds like you were watching the right match 
  • What's happened in this match is what I feared would happen last week.

An awful lot of undercooked players out there, it's hard enough to play in India without doing so having played so little cricket. It's so hard to compete when your spinners keep giving away easy runs
  • The toss is a major thing to lose in these tests. This wasn't as good a track as the first test and India posted nothing more than a respectable score because Rohit attacked. I expected England to bat as they did. 
  • The toss is a major thing to lose in these tests. This wasn't as good a track as the first test and India posted nothing more than a respectable score because Rohit attacked. I expected England to bat as they did. 
    Going forward it'll be interesting what team we pick for the 3rd Test. Crawley will come back in, but he didn't look good in Sri Lanka so may not be much better than Lawrence
  • What's happened in this match is what I feared would happen last week.

An awful lot of undercooked players out there, it's hard enough to play in India without doing so having played so little cricket. It's so hard to compete when your spinners keep giving away easy runs

We won the first test and we played a couple of tests in Sri Lanka.

India were still celebrating their fantastic series win in Australia and were slow out the blocks in the first test which was a pussycat in comparison to this tiger of a "prepared" pitch.

Home advantage in cricket, and especially in India is off the scale unless the other side have world class bowlers or batsmen.

Roots and Anderson were world class in the first test.
    Joe got a top edge going for the sweep which he played so well in first test and Anderson wasn't playing.