Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Anderson still has his pads on. With a Test average of 9.69 he could be the difference between winning and losing!
  • Somebody has obviously put a wedge on a draw.
  • I just think Root has no faith in his spinners. 
  • If you were India would you even be trying to get wickets at this point?  Dry up the runs, let us bat on...

That's exactly what they are doing
  • Can you experts explain to me how you are out LBW after they said it hit his bat first ? 

Think it was just his accent and said pad first 
  • I don't think either bats took a drop of those drinks!!!!
  • YES, England lose a wicket. Only one more to go
  • The message was clearly "get out"
  • Those 10 runs were worth it.
  • Sponsored links:

• THANK F*** for that
  • AshBurton said:
    I’m increasingly convinced Jofra is battIng three places too high
    He does tend to bat in Tests as if he can't bat but he can, He averages almost 25 in First Class cricket with half a dozen 50s to his name
  • Anderson still has his pads on. With a Test average of 9.69 he could be the difference between winning and losing!
    Or possibly not!
  • Who thinks the last few batsmen thought the tactics were bonkers & got themselves out.
  • Batting no. 11 flatters Jimmy ...
  • 17.5 overs for 48 after Pope got out,  wallys
  • Batting no. 11 flatters Jimmy ...
    A number 11 that can only score from reverse sweeping is pretty unique 
  • AshBurton said:
    He does tend to bat in Tests as if he can't bat but he can, He averages almost 25 in First Class cricket with half a dozen 50s to his name
    Smashed it in the IPL too. Just looked too laid back here to bother defending his stumps - in both innings!
  • AshBurton said:
    In Tests, he tries to bat like a Traditional No3! Just swing your way to glory.
  • Unlikely to see more then 10 overs now from England really don’t understand this ??
    are we that scared of India 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    I say they have a figure of 420 in mind. 
    Obviously 
  • AshBurton said:
    A great white ball all rounder - he was a gun in the IPL, but yeah he’s not very good at this red ball batting 
  • I can understand what Alistair Cook is saying about wanting the fast bowlers fresh tonight & tomorrow morning - but surely they would only bowl 4 or 5 overs each today - anything else could be bowled by spinners, which with Root we have 3 of them.
  • I can understand what Alistair Cook is saying about wanting the fast bowlers fresh tonight & tomorrow morning - but surely they would only bowl 4 or 5 overs each today - anything else could be bowled by spinners, which with Root we have 3 of them.
    i mean leach is opening the bowling, so yeah you're right
  • Leach with the new ball.

Was doing something for the Indian seamers and now we've put Leach on to serve up pies instead.

• AshBurton said:
    A great white ball all rounder - he was a gun in the IPL, but yeah he’s not very good at this red ball batting 
    I’m not totally convinced by his red ball bowling either. Unless he’s going to bowl at express pace, he doesn’t offer much
  • Trying to make Leach feel part of the Test.
  • Below was India's score at the end of day 4 in 2008.

Sun, 14 Dec - day 4 -India 2nd innings 131/1 (Gautam Gambhir 41*, Rahul Dravid 2*, 29 ov)

Over 4 an over.
  • ...with Sehwag having done the damage then.
  • edited February 2021
    The penny drops for Mark Butcher and hopefully CL Members why Root, Silverwood and Anderson didn't want Indian to have too much time to bat on day 4.