Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Crazy this, staying out for an extra 5 overs makes sense of you aim at a quick 30 odd runs.

Blocking and padding the ball away is getting us nowhere and costing us time.
    I think that's what Root wants. Doesn't want us all out & them chasing 400 in 115 overs.
  • 100 overs should be enough to bowl them out.  And 100 overs gives Archer and Anderson three goes with a new or relatively new ball, if needed, ten today, ten in the morning and a few, late on tomorrow.  

Trust in Root
  • Another bloody maiden, what is the point of this?!
  • They are never getting these runs on this track , the risk to score them would lose wickets ....
    Chuck em in now we can't lose , quote me 

india  win 0%
    England win 50%
    Draw 50%
  • So what was the wicket like in 2008 when India won comfortably with time to spare in their run chase ?
  • I hope that we end up winning this Test by exactly 26 runs. Because that's the difference in the number of no balls that India have bowled (27) as opposed to our one!
  • I hope that we end up winning this Test by exactly 26 runs. Because that's the difference in the number of no balls that India have bowled (27) as opposed to our one!
    That would be stressful. Right up @AFKABartram’s street though. 
  • silverwood and root off to the changing rooms... no chance of a declaration for the next 15 mins then
  • So what was the wicket like in 2008 when India won comfortably with time to spare in their run chase ?
    Don’t know, but from the pattern of the scores it looks like the pitch got flatter as the game went on. There were hardly any wickets for the spinners in the 3rd and 4th innings. 
  • Jimmy Anderson was in the team in 2008 when India won so his advice will be noted.
    Plus we had Swann, even though Monty was better in 2012 than 2008.

• Sponsored links:

• Spinners bowling no balls 
    Run outs as well 

Just shoot em in the kneecaps , give em something to remind themselves not to be so stupid
  • No point in not  enforcing the follow on because you don't want to bat yourselves on a day 5 pitch.......then wanting to get over 400 runs because you think the opposition can bat all day & chase down the runs.

Bonkers.

• DECLARE  NOW  !!!!!!
  • I don't understand the gameplan here at all 
  • buttler out and no hint of a declaration... why? Why send out our bowlers to bat? Keep em fresh.
  • getting a little silly now playing into Indian hands.

We will see if this is good captaincy but don’t believe any other team in the world would still be batting in the current situation.
  • Are we banking on having two bites with the new ball? 8-10 overs tonight and the same again tomorrow morning? I don’t get it otherwise. 
  • England have borrowed the “Lee Bowyer weird tactics “ manual 
  • AshBurton said:
    Are we banking on having two bites with the new ball? 8-10 overs tonight and the same again tomorrow morning? I don’t get it otherwise. 
    That's what Cook guessed at.  Still odd, time surely more a factor.
  • Even that review looked like it was designed to waste time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Unbelievable 
  • dom bess gets out lbw by hitting the ball. The fuck?
  • AshBurton said:
    Are we banking on having two bites with the new ball? 8-10 overs tonight and the same again tomorrow morning? I don’t get it otherwise. 
    That's what Cook guessed at.  Still odd, time surely more a factor.
    I would have said having enough overs with the 2nd new ball was more important.

At this rate we will only have in total around 105 overs at them, so no more than 25 with the 2nd new ball. 
  • AshBurton said:
    Yes. 

Arguably three.  A first bite this afternoon, then, after a night's rest, another go in the morning with the ball still hard.  And still time for a new ball late in the day if needed. 
  • edited February 2021
    Can you experts explain to me how you are out LBW after they said it hit his bat first ? 

• Leach showing more attacking intent than Buttler
  • Run rate now dead on 4 an over. When Root & Stokes were together it was at almost 5.

We've been going backwards since tea.
  • If you were India would you even be trying to get wickets at this point?  Dry up the runs, let us bat on...

• Can you experts explain to me how you are out LBW after they said it hit his bat first ?

If they said that then they are wrong - it hit the pad first. You can't be out LBW if it hit the bat first,