Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Root should bring himself on for a couple of overs as Pant and Pujara might treat him as a part timer and take a few liberties. It's not as if, in the context of the game, runs matter although he never really goes for many anyway.
    Great minds but he needs to try and make the batsman play every ball!!!!
  • Is Bess actually... Good?
    I think he has an ability to get wickets with bad balls. Which isn't a bad habit to have as long as the majority of your balls are good ones!
  • For Dom Bess wickets recently, think JFC goals this season.
  • 4-53 and another poor shot from an Indian batsman
  • Is Ashwin the most dislikeable non-Australian in world cricket?
  • Spinners combo: B)
  • Root should bring himself on for a couple of overs as Pant and Pujara might treat him as a part timer and take a few liberties. It's not as if, in the context of the game, runs matter although he never really goes for many anyway.
    Good bit of captaincy that.
    Good bit of captaincy that.
    I thought so. I cannot tell you how many wickets I've taken and runs I've scored from the comfort of my living room but it is one hell of a lot!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Great stuff. Leach did his best to make that catch look more difficult than it should have been. Glad for him that he held on. 
  • Meanwhile West Indies have just chased down 395 to beat Bangladesh in their test 
  • One or two more before the close of play hopefully!
  • Jack leach having his Kerrigan moment?
  • Jack leach having his Kerrigan moment?
    11-0-84-0

Ouch! Bring Root back on. That's what Cook would have done!
  • The Juxtaposition of Snow falling in my periphery vision and a sun kissed day in Chennai is a reminder of our global contrasts.
  • To be fair the ball was only missing by a yard!
  • To be fair the ball was only missing by a yard!
    lolz, that may be as bad a review as I've ever seen

• If that review was meant to be a confidence booster for Leach it failed miserably.

To be fair to Leach it really can't be easy being a professional sportsman and having to deal and manage his medical issues. Puts into perspective all that Steve Redgrave achieved in his career.
  • rina said:
    To be fair the ball was only missing by a yard!

The anticipation was building with the delay to see the ball tracking too. What a let down. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Stokes just looks like his ambling in like a county trundler and just turning his arm over. Still wouldn't like to face him though!
  • rina said:
    To be fair the ball was only missing by a yard!

The anticipation was building with the delay to see the ball tracking too. What a let down. 
    yeah, that did take a while didn't it? presumably whoever operates the ball tracking machine was off making a cuppa because no one would be daft enough to review that ball
  • And that's the farce of the previous review that they wasted. It is that that caused them to debate, within 2 seconds of being timed out, whether they should review the one that was much much closer. And we've now lost two reviews in quick succession.
  • Like to see Root and Jimmy bowling. Leach is garbage. 
  • It's a strange thing referring to Root as a "part time" bowler. This is someone who has picked up 171 wickets in all forms of the game with 31 in Tests at an average of 47 and economy rate of 3.12

KP went completely that way as he first came to prominence playing as an off spinner and batting against England at 8. He picked up 10 Test wickets at an average of 88 and economy rate of over 4
  • It's a strange thing referring to Root as a "part time" bowler. This is someone who has picked up 171 wickets in all forms of the game with 31 in Tests at an average of 47 and economy rate of 3.12

KP went completely that way as he first came to prominence playing as an off spinner and batting against England at 8. He picked up 10 Test wickets at an average of 88 and economy rate of over 4
    I'm sure he was older than that when he played against England
  • Leach so needed Archer to hold that one
  • Leach so needed Archer to hold that one
    He's bowled really well since Pant got out. 
  • Is it safe to come in ? Has the Ollie Pope at 3 argument stopped yet ? 
  • lolwray said:
    Is it safe to come in ? Has the Ollie Pope at 3 argument stopped yet ? 
    It has stopped, indeed for now at least, but there is, potentially another argument brewing and that is - "isn't it about time that Burns was dropped?". Prepared to give him another three or four innings before I raise that one though!