Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Jimmy is as good as ever today. My word. What a joy. I could watch him bowl all day long - was there for day 4 the test vs India at Lord's in 2018 and was spellbound.
  • Oh my. What a score to wake up to. Happy days!
  • Ashwin is being battered by Archer; if this was boxing it would be stopped.
  • edited February 2021
    It was vital that Jimmy started bowling  when his reverse spin could do it's damage.
    Root, Silverwood and Anderson got it spot on.
    I said yesterday that our innings ended just at the right time.  It was planned to perfection. India were always going to hit Boundaries from the off. 
    9 off leach and 10 off Bess when they bowled their first overs this morning.

This was never going to be a draw with the batsman's that India have.
    We either took 10 wickets or India get the runs.

Jimmy Anderson is making sure it should be the former.

• If there is one thing thing that I hope the likes of Archer, Overton, Stones are doing when they are in the company of Jimmy Anderson is to constantly pick the latters' brains - the way he sets batsman up to play is such an artform and the main reason he can continue to bowl at the level he does.

In 18 months time he will be 40 but I seriously wouldn't put it past him because of the way he looks after his body that he isn't still bowling. He is a freak but, when he does retire. I also hope that we put a contract in front of him to be our bowling coach. There can be no finer mentor.

We need to get Kohli out but the second best thing is to see his face as Anderson castles another of his team mates!

• Well done Leach. Now to finish off the tail....
  • So are they scoring at 4 an over on a wicket that’s helping the bowlers 🤷‍♂️ 
  • I wonder exactly how Buttler feels about returning home? Happy to be back with his family or wishing that he could remain part of a potential series winning team?
  • Sponsored links:

• Leach in the grove.
    Big improvement this innings.
  • I wonder exactly how Buttler feels about returning home? Happy to be back with his family or wishing that he could remain part of a potential series winning team?
    Was thinking similar. 
    Not just Buttler but several players being rotated. 
    I fully understand why but it's strange times in which we live. 
  • Nice one Stokes. 
  • Stokes joins the party.

• Booooooom !!! 
    Stokes takes out Kohli 
  • BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM
  • Can't play that!!!!
  • Start the car...
  • Sponsored links:

• Still baffles me why Buttler is going home after ONE test when the next match is at the same venue
  • Start up the car - Ishant and Bumrah to come!!!!
  • Confident they won’t chase this down now. 
  • Brilliant this morning.

Kohli going is it done!
  • Really like Bumrah as a cricketer and person. Talented but unassuming. Unlike his skipper!
  • Pleased for Leach. He's fought back very well in this Test.
    This. Great character and resilience. Some of his deliveries have been unplayable. As someone said, he’s tougher than he looks (not surprising, as he looks like a cross between a bookkeeper and a librarian).
  • As a result of his current not out innings, Bumrah's average has increased from 2.71 to 2.80
  • State of them stumps before the delivery was bowled