Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• 5th time we've passed the other sides total 0 down.
    3rd time we were also unbeaten at the end of the day.
  • 5th time we've passed the other sides total 0 down.
    3rd time we were also unbeaten at the end of the day.
    Ah that makes sense, cheers
  • England all out by 6:30 tonight  ;)
    Wouldn't want to have bought tickets for the 3rd day let alone the 4th!
    👀
    You'll be alright for the 3rd day now. Well 'til lunchtime anyway!
    👀
    You'll be alright for the 3rd day now. Well 'til lunchtime anyway!
    Fingers crossed for no traffic! 
  • Whether it's as a result of being stung so many times or a belief that India can't bowl as poorly as they did yesterday, I still do see us getting a big score. Looking at the Betfair runs market, what I would call the "coin toss" line is about 410. I would rather be a layer of us getting another 290 runs at evens than a backer simply because we always seem to have a collapse in us. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Would definitely sell at 410

very cloudy and recent history suggests we won’t get that elusive big score 
    I have tickets for day 3. In fact I am on my way to leeds now. Working from the leeds office today night out in leeds tonight, hotel, cricket tomorrow, another night out, train back saturday morning in time for the Charlton match. 
    That sounds like a cracking weekend! Enjoy!
    I have tickets for day 3. In fact I am on my way to leeds now. Working from the leeds office today night out in leeds tonight, hotel, cricket tomorrow, another night out, train back saturday morning in time for the Charlton match. 
    You sure Pelling….
  • Sponsored links:

Trouble is I've had the busiest wrk week of my life and so am absolutely exhausted before we even start. i cant handle the pace like I could a couple of years ago.
    If England are still on top, should be a cracking atmosphere on Day 3
  • edited August 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    Would definitely sell at 410

very cloudy and recent history suggests we won’t get that elusive big score 
    Yes, so would I sell at 410.

Anything over 300 should be good enough (should!).

Lets hope you see an England and Charlton win, would be a great double.
  • Have fun, canters.

Would be great if you could dress up as a haddock for the cameras....
  • Have fun, canters.

Would be hilarious but its a firm no from me.
  • Have fun, canters.

Captain Birdseye and a fish finger are there!
  • Have fun, canters.

And be chased by the seagulls who were there yesterday!
  • Good ball - Burns batted very well though
  • Ishant Sharma has looked awful in this match, and pretty average in this series. India have such bowling depth that it's bizarre why they keep picking him
  • Sponsored links:

• Ishant Sharma has looked awful in this match, and pretty average in this series. India have such bowling depth that it's bizarre why they keep picking him
    I'd agree but his record in England speaks for itself. Plus Thakur is injured, doubt he would've played had Thakur been fit. Sharma is miles better than Umesh Yadav
  • Hameed is batting for the 4th day ticket holders here
  • edited August 2021
    The bloke that follows England around and does the tannoy announcements literally has one of the best jobs in the world
  • The bloke that follows England around and does the annoy announcements literally has one of the best jobs in the world
    I've always thought being on TMS must be absolutely brilliant, get paid to follow England around to some lovely parts of the world and have a bit of a chat.

Really brought home in the away Tests at places like Cape Town, Galle, Sydney etc when they chat about what else they've been up to while they're there etc.
  • The bloke that follows England around and does the annoy announcements literally has one of the best jobs in the world
    An 'annoy announcement' is usually just someone reading out the current score, an update on Ben Stokes' condition or the selection for the next Test match. 
  • A beautiful ball from Jadeja tbf.
    Well played Hameed, an excellent innings.
  • 40/2 from 1hr40 is turgid cricket 
    I'd agree but his record in England speaks for itself. Plus Thakur is injured, doubt he would've played had Thakur been fit. Sharma is miles better than Umesh Yadav
    They could have played Ashwin
  • 40/2 from 1hr40 is turgid cricket 
    But turgid cricket is a vast improvement on recent performances. 
  • Chizz said:
    40/2 from 1hr40 is turgid cricket 
    But turgid cricket is a vast improvement on recent performances. 
    You can't please all of the people, all of the time.