Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Archer looks like he’s holding back because he’s got such a graceful slow looking action. He’s been carrying an injury since the first test of the ashes which is why he’s having so much surgery now. 

Massive opportunity for mahmood, he could end 2021 with being England’s premier quick in both white and red ball, if he goes to Dubai in October and does well there too.
    I agree he has a graceful action and it's lovely to watch.
    But considering he can bowl at 90mph plus there are times when he was barely reaching 85mph.
    This is what I mean when I say he appears to be holding back.
    Like I said his elbow probably explains why. 
    Agreed, which is where the speed gun is really telling. Wood rarely bowls at less than 90mph

Robinson is an excellent bowler, but I've been surprised at how slow he is. Often barely 80mph
  • India won toss and will bat. Root says he wasn't so sure which suggests that he would have bowled again. As Atherton indicated, this is probably a reflection of his lack of confidence in our batting than the prevailing conditions - rather like the last Test.

India pick the same side but Malan comes in for Sibley and Overton for the injured Wood, Don't know why Mahmood hasn't been picked especially as Overton could still have played too for the "bits and pieces" Curran.
  • Odd to give bairstow the gloves as well. It’s like root is trying to make sure he’s embedded into the team, again. 
  • Is Pope still injured? If not why isnt he playing? Malan is a backward step but if thats all we got i fear for the future of England and test cricket.
  • Odd to give bairstow the gloves as well. It’s like root is trying to make sure he’s embedded into the team, again. 
    This obsession with picking Bairstow gets on my nerves. 
    He should only represent England in white ball cricket imo.
  • edited August 2021
    Are you saying Bairstow is keeping wicket? Why FFs? Butler isn't a great keeper but he's better than Bairstow
    Edit: Obviosly not as Buttler has just caught one!
  • We've fucking picked Curran again oh my days 
  • Bairstow has tightened his technique and is definitely worth his spot right now though imo 
  • India won toss and will bat. Root says he wasn't so sure which suggests that he would have bowled again. As Atherton indicated, this is probably a reflection of his lack of confidence in our batting than the prevailing conditions - rather like the last Test.

India pick the same side but Malan comes in for Sibley and Overton for the injured Wood, Don't know why Mahmood hasn't been picked especially as Overton could still have played too for the "bits and pieces" Curran.
    I definitely would have had Mahmood over Curran, we've got Overton in if they were worried the tail could be too long, so give Mahmood a go - Wood and Archer both missing, go for the guy with pace, give him a chance.
  • Leuth said:
    Bairstow has tightened his technique and is definitely worth his spot right now though imo 
    Yes, to be fair on Bairstow he's been our second best batsman this series, the only other player than Root to make a 50
  • Sponsored links:

• No Ashwin again. 
  • Rahul out for a duck! He's been Englandised
  • Anderson has the ball going 'round corners. 
  • 4-2

Anderson, who else, with both. Root was right!
  • That Monday at Lord's was like a home match for India, with the support in the crowd

Today won't be  ;)
    eh ?
  • What a bowler Jimmy Anderson is, especially at home.
  • Take that Kohli

Jimmy again!!!

21-3
  • For some reason Jimmy looked very happy at that dismissal
  • Sponsored links:

• Have that Virat you prick! Ohhhhh Jimmy Jimmyyyyy
  • What a hero! Always delivers! 
  • I don't think this game will go until Day 5...
  • If we had the old Broad at the other end firing at his best they would probably be 5 down now
  • That doesn't look good for Root
  • Great to have Nasser back albeit now slumming it following his stint at the highly prestigious The Hundred
  • FOUR down at lunchtime
  • 56-4 with one for Robinson

All caught by Buttler - he might be looking up a few wicket keeping records at lunchtime!
  • Get the next two out and India are finished. Rohit and pant are big danger men though. Could easily pull India back into the game.