Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• That's it I fear. Can't see the last 2 seeing out the last 8 overs.
  • Dear god how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!!
  • edited August 2021
    Koli is a smug bastard!
  • Right.  Game on.  How many do we need?
  • arny23394 said:
    Why is he playing at that? Idiot.
    Pooped his pants because we lost a wicket.
    There's no other explanation, it was a simple straight ball.
  • Fair play to India, they deserved it.
  • Bollllllooooccccckkkkkkssssss.
  • What now for England???
  • Anyway, we’ve boked it again by buying 5th day tickets whilst sitting in our 4th day seats. Sorry. 
    Bump 
  • philcafc said:
    Fair play to India, they deserved it.
    I think England threw it away more than India deserved to win. 
  • Sponsored links:

Give Kohli a slap? :smile:
  • MrOneLung said:
    Anyway, we’ve boked it again by buying 5th day tickets whilst sitting in our 4th day seats. Sorry. 
    Bump 
    Bring on headingly! 😳
  • So, so poor.
  • Disgraceful... surely one of the worst days in England's Test cricket history 
  • I made a VERY quick exit along with most of the England supporters
  • Fair play to Root, who just admitted he got the tactics wrong.
    Although to be fair he's in a strong position to fess up, being our one and only decent batsman.
  • If we were Pakistan there would be serious speculation about our day 5 performance 
  • Waited in all day for BT to come in and upgrade my internet to super dupa speed and shock horror the pricks from Openreach had fucked up their part last week and for that I’m truly grateful .

Mrs took two of my sons to Lord’s instead , I’m just soooo glad I’m not ten pints in watching that patheticness 

it was all done at the toss when we bottled batting first because we can’t fucking bat , useless , it’s Root or no one .
    Can’t cook and I’ve just eaten Dominoes and got the eartha kitts already ffs 
  • Sponsored links:

• So bored of some of our players. Need a shake up.
  • Sibley and Curran definitely need to go. Wood might not be fit for the next one. Hameed should open. We need a 3, a fast bowler or two and maybe a keeper who can bat but Buttler has the job for life idk
  • More from Joe Root: "We are used to playing long series and we've found ourselves in these positions before and managed to come out on top. It is important we don't panic, we stay calm and we'll look to learn lessons that we'll put right.

Find a Tardis, return to 11:30 this morning, and get Bumrah and Shami out by bowling at the stumps and for nicks to the slips?

Then chase down the runs against a demoralised Indian team, knowing that 200 in 70 overs is an easy target
  • Leuth said:
    Sibley and Curran definitely need to go. Wood might not be fit for the next one. Hameed should open. We need a 3, a fast bowler or two and maybe a keeper who can bat but Buttler has the job for life idk
    It makes you wonder who's worse off Charlton or England 
    Although to be fair he's in a strong position to fess up, being our one and only decent batsman.
    I wouldn't say tactics lost us the Test......not having a top order probably did.

How many more times is Root going to have to come in with less than 50 on the board.
  • Leuth said:
    Sibley and Curran definitely need to go. Wood might not be fit for the next one. Hameed should open. We need a 3, a fast bowler or two and maybe a keeper who can bat but Buttler has the job for life idk
    Rory Burns is dog s**t. Don't rate him at all.

This sorry shower of s**t have a lot to thank Root for.
  • But who is there to shore up the top order?

I wouldn't say tactics lost us the Test......not having a top order probably did.

How many more times is Root going to have to come in with less than 50 on the board.
    Despite our terrible batting lineup, we got ourselves into a great position to win that Test

That 9th wicket partnership not only made the Indians safe, it also was a massive boost to their confidence. Psychologically they would have been deflated if bowled out cheaply by 12pm, but instead the Indian team were on cloud 9 and ready to batter England.