Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• That wicket was coming, a good effort but Siraj was beating Moeen regularly
  • edited August 2021
    Chizz said:
    Shami made more than our top five put together and Bumrah scored more than three times as many as all of them bar Root put together
    Yes, because Root decided it would be a good idea to try and bounce them out, which was bloody ridiculous.
    This. How many of those deliveries would have hit the stumps. Very very few. One of the best ways to get lower order batsman out is to aim at the stumps. You then have both bowled & lbw as means of dismissal. Look at Stuart Broad. All teams have to do now is pitch it up & he gets bowled. 
    Stuart Broad's batting isn't the reason for England performing badly in this Test. 
    But an example of how tailenders can be got out if you bowl at the stumps. Which England didn't do this morning
    This.

I wasnt talking about Stuart Broad in this Test match as we all know he's not playing. I was simply mentioning that recently he's been getting bowled very early on (a first baller iirc on the first test) as bowlers have been bowling him yorkers. Give him a half tracker & he'll dispatch it into the stands. Pitch one up & he's a goner.

Just like Moeen.....
  • edited August 2021
    Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear.

Why cant the Indians bowl bouncers like our bowlers. They just dont play fair...🤫
  • Sam Curran the golden boy of English cricket. Sorry, the golden duck boy of English cricket
  • This is just abject crap....and I can't stand Koli... arrogant bastard!
  • If Curran stays in the team for getting Kohli out, fair to say we'll know he has some dirt on Root
  • King pair for Curran
  • King Pair - my word.
  • These Indian players are nearly as horrible as the Aussies.
    I really want us to hold out.
  • I do really have a hatred for this India team - this whole surrounding every batsmen with your entire team after a delivery isn't just intimidating its unsportsmanlike imo. 

That said, we have wimpered and crumbled as per usual.
  • Sponsored links:

• These Indian players are nearly as horrible as the Aussies.
    I really want us to hold out.
    We will. 
  • Whatever way you spin it... given where we were at this time yesterday, 94-7 and 19 overs left to save a draw is shambolic.
  • Leuth said:
    If Curran stays in the team for getting Kohli out, fair to say we'll know he has some dirt on Root
    As a Surrey fan I have a lot of time for Sam and Tom Curren. 
    That said when it comes to England they should only be used in white ball cricket. 
  • 28 runs of ours are extras. 

Come on extras, just 174 to go. 
  • Koli has built the team modelled on his own arrogance! Hence the nastiness in this innings! At Headingly we need to fight the same way! 
  • English batting goes from poor to absolutely shambolic .. BUT who is there to bring in ? .. we might need to import a few Kiwis or South Africans and hope they had a Brit grandparent or two
    They've started doing it to each other instead, we missed a truck on Devon Conway.
  • Whatever way you spin it... given where we were at this time yesterday, 94-7 and 19 overs left to save a draw is shambolic.
    At 11.15 this morning we had them 8 down & only needing 170 to win. Should really have had them all out for less than a 200 run chase in 75 overs. 

I wouldn't say we missed any chance (no dropped catches) but we didnt bowl well & tried far too many bouncers. Line & length is what's needed at the tail. 
    Absolutely awful.

We've only scored 9 more than we let their 9 and 10 score (unbeaten) so far, and we're 7 down.
  • Stuart Broad has been bowled by a seamer 33 times in his 218 innings. 
  • Interesting that Buttler hasn't tried to protect Robinson, but then Robinson has looked as secure (or not) as any of the top 8 other than Root
  • Sponsored links:

• Sssshhhh.
  • I know a lot of people love the one day game  ( as do I).
    But nothing beats a close finish on the 5th day of a test.
    Love it 
  • Sssshhhh.
    That's why I added the "or not" so that my comment wasn't too positive!
  • I know a lot of people love the one day game  ( as do I).
    But nothing beats a close finish on the 5th day of a test.
    Love it 
    I'm not sure if I'm enjoying this - will tell you in 10 overs!

Unfortunately, even if we had bowled them out earlier, I wasn't confident we'd get what we needed 
  • Time for Wood and Jimmy to save the day
  • This is awful.
  • I mean this isn’t enjoyable. 
  • For the 4th time this innings, England lose 2 wickets together
  • Why is he playing at that? Idiot.
  • Interesting that Buttler hasn't tried to protect Robinson, but then Robinson has looked as secure (or not) as any of the top 8 other than Root
    Thanks.