Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Oh Root. Anyone would think that you don't want to see us bat again!
  • edited August 2021
    Don't understand these tactics. Far too many easy singles available
    Rubbish tactics and may already have cost us the match.
    We've blown it if they reach a 250 lead.
    I feel the win has now gone.
    I think we'll play for a boring draw.
  • It's got a draw written all over it. Pitch has gone flat & now hard to get a wicket.....unless you are an England opener that is...😄.

I think India will bat through until at least lunch. Get a lead of 250+ and then have 50-odd overs at us. 
    Back to what I said yesterday. Although if there is going to be a winner today its looking more likely to be India. I can easily see a batting collapse this afternoon. 
  • At what point do we think India will declare?

I made this comment not realistically thinking that this would be an option. It is looking more and more that it will be a viable one.
  • Maybe Root doesn't trust the ENG batsmen, which is why he chose to put IND in, and this way ENG want have a total they can chase?

• Absolute shambles of a cricket team.Had them by the balls and let them back in it.Pathetic.
  • Absolute shambles of a cricket team.Had them by the balls and let them back in it.Pathetic.
    That's the spirit!
  • I'm logging off my work laptop and heading up there in 15 mins to sort it out!
  • Saw we took the two wickets. 
    Just checked the score and WTF. 

Saw on bbc text commentary that Shami hasn’t lasted longer than 13 balls in an innings since 2018
  • To put this in context we have gone from a low of 1/2 to win the Test to 16/1 now
  • Sponsored links:

• Amazing how quickly England can ruin your day!
  • Shocking bowling Tbf 
    Ali getting some serious stick
  • Shocking bowling Tbf 
    Ali getting some serious stick
    Ali isn't bowling badly at all
  • Should never have even needed Ali today
  • Chizz said:
    Absolute shambles of a cricket team.Had them by the balls and let them back in it.Pathetic.
    That's the spirit!
    Wish these players would show some spirit! Pathetic.
  • Chizz said:
    Absolute shambles of a cricket team.Had them by the balls and let them back in it.Pathetic.
    That's the spirit!
    Do you give the Indian batsmen any credit at all? 
  • Keep the faith lads and lasses ..still a chance for a fantastic finish
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    That's the spirit!
    I do yes but we have handed it to them.The bowling after we got Pant was atrocious.We have done this for a long long time now letting teams come back.No passion no heart.Just pathetic bottlers..Do you think New Zealand or Australia would be in this situation? No they would of been batting now.Pathetic.
  • If I was Kholi I'd be declaring at lunch. 260 is plenty and at least you don't lose the 2 overs for change of innings like you would if you did it 20 mins after lunch.

I can't see England going for it, unless we were only 2 down after tea and had 100 to get off 20 overs. with Butler, Bairstow & Root there is always a chance to get some quick runs - but I have little faith in the top order being there for 40 overs. 
  • Chizz said:
    That's the spirit!
    England have been shambolic since Pant's wicket, awful tactics.

Now only India can win the match. And I'm surrounded by Indian fans  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    That's the spirit!
    I do yes but we have handed it to them.The bowling after we got Pant was atrocious.We have done this for a long long time now letting teams come back.No passion no heart.Just pathetic bottlers..Do you think New Zealand or Australia would be in this situation? No they would of been batting now.Pathetic.
    You may have a different definition of 'pathetic bottlers' with 'no passion' and 'no heart', to some.  Because Mark Woods, continuing to bowl at 94mph, despite obviously being in considerable pain having further damaged his shoulder, which he injured the previous evening is the exact opposite of what you're describing.  

Can I see Australia suffering defeat against India, by conceding too many runs against India's lower order?  Yes I can - it happened the last time they played, with India winning by three wickets.  

India are the second-best team in Test match cricket. We're into the last two sessions of the second Test and we're still at 0-0.  Can I see other teams doing worse than we have?  Yes, I can.  Can I see teams coping as well as we have without players of the calibre of Stuart Broad, Chris Woakes and Ben Stokes?  It's difficult.  
  • India declare. What were the odds of that this morning?
  • edited August 2021
    Sibley to smash England to victory. I expect a few switch hits, and him to dance down the pitch to Bumrah
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    That's the spirit!
    You may have a different definition of 'pathetic bottlers' with 'no passion' and 'no heart', to some.  Because Mark Woods, continuing to bowl at 94mph, despite obviously being in considerable pain having further damaged his shoulder, which he injured the previous evening is the exact opposite of what you're describing.  

Can I see Australia suffering defeat against India, by conceding too many runs against India's lower order?  Yes I can - it happened the last time they played, with India winning by three wickets.  

India are the second-best team in Test match cricket. We're into the last two sessions of the second Test and we're still at 0-0.  Can I see other teams doing worse than we have?  Yes, I can.  Can I see teams coping as well as we have without players of the calibre of Stuart Broad, Chris Woakes and Ben Stokes?  It's difficult.  

Like ive said bottlers!
  • How come we can't get no's 9 & 10 out but within 1 over they get our opener. And what sort of set up position is that...? Stand straight man !
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    That's the spirit!

Like ive said bottlers!
    Yes, you did.  And the comment was wrong last time too. 
  • Sibley has been by far our best batsman in the second innings so far.  And it's not often you can say that. 
  • Chizz said:
    Sibley has been by far our best batsman in the second innings so far.  And it's not often you can say that. 
    And his dismissal gives us a better chance of winning! 
  • 1-2

Really is time for Sibley to go. He offers absolutely nothing on any level