Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Shami made more than our top five put together and Bumrah scored more than three times as many as all of them bar Root put together
  • This is appalling.
  • Shami made more than our top five put together and Bumrah scored more than three times as many as all of them bar Root put together
    Yes, because Root decided it would be a good idea to try and bounce them out, which was bloody ridiculous.
  • Still complete bottlers.Pathetic.

Yes, because Root decided it would be a good idea to try and bounce them out, which was bloody ridiculous.
    This. How many of those deliveries would have hit the stumps. Very very few. One of the best ways to get lower order batsman out is to aim at the stumps. You then have both bowled & lbw as means of dismissal. Look at Stuart Broad. All teams have to do now is pitch it up & he gets bowled. 
    This. How many of those deliveries would have hit the stumps. Very very few. One of the best ways to get lower order batsman out is to aim at the stumps. You then have both bowled & lbw as means of dismissal. Look at Stuart Broad. All teams have to do now is pitch it up & he gets bowled. 
    Stuart Broad's batting isn't the reason for England performing badly in this Test. 
  • Been such an awful day for us ever since Pant got out.
  • Been such an awful day for us ever since Pant got out.
    It's been pants ever since.
  • Chizz said:
    Shami made more than our top five put together and Bumrah scored more than three times as many as all of them bar Root put together
    Stuart Broad's batting isn't the reason for England performing badly in this Test. 
    This is such awesome classic Chizz, I have to applaud tbh
  • Leuth said:
    Chizz said:
    Shami made more than our top five put together and Bumrah scored more than three times as many as all of them bar Root put together
    This is such awesome classic Chizz, I have to applaud tbh
    Classic Golfie needs to be highlighted, I think.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant, that wiped the smugness off his face.
  • Brilliant, that wiped the smugness off his face.
    It nearly wiped the word DUKES onto his face, in reverse! 
  • That is dreadful from Buttler
  • This is beginning to have the look of Anderson c Kohli b Bumrah in the last over the day... 
  • I'm hoping they can last until about 6.20pm and play ends for bad light with about 7 overs left.
  • edited August 2021
    I'm hoping we stop passing about and get these 196 runs sharpish.
  • Stop panicking. 
    It's going to be a draw. 
  • Stop panicking. 
    It's going to be a draw. 
    If you delete this quickly it may not be too late.
  • English batting goes from poor to absolutely shambolic .. BUT who is there to bring in ? .. we might need to import a few Kiwis or South Africans and hope they had a Brit grandparent or two
  • Sponsored links:

• Stop panicking. 
    It's going to be a draw. 
    Haha.
    Good seeing you Saturday by the way.
  • Stop panicking. 
    It's going to be a draw. 
    Haha.
    Good seeing you Saturday by the way.
    Likewise.
  • Chizz said:
    But an example of how tailenders can be got out if you bowl at the stumps. Which England didn't do this morning
  • I've been very critical of the ECB and their obsession with white ball cricket, as you know, but leaving the lack of red ball cricket to one side, who on earth do we have that can bat in the top order (except for Root)?
    There seems a dearth of quality batsmen across the counties at the moment!
  • Annoyingly the sky is looking clearer now. Perhaps we can go off because the sun is too strong
  • I've been very critical of the ECB and their obsession with white ball cricket, as you know, but leaving the lack of red ball cricket to one side, who on earth do we have that can bat in the top order (except for Root)?
    The truth is we don't know for the reasons you highlight. There have been two rounds of red ball matches since the 5th June and most of the best red ball batsmen weren't playing in those games anyway because they were either in the England Covid bubble or called up for the white ball international series as a result of the positive cases.

So, basically, there will have been virtually no red ball cricket for a period of 12 weeks during the height of the summer. And that is the ECB's fault because no one can stake a claim if they can't play!
    I've always thought it was harsh dropping Malan after he top scored for us last time we were down-under. I'm not an avid watcher of the county game but did see he scored 199 earlier in the season. How much harm could it be maybe opening with Hameed (deserves a chance) and slotting Malan in at 3?

Never going to happen, but going purely on county stats, Gary Ballance should be our No.3 - averaging 48 in FC cricket with 40 hundreds and 54 fifties. He was also dropped too soon in my opinion after his form hit rock bottom. (Having said that, I've just had a look and his test average is still - and likely to remain - at a respectable 37.)
    The truth is we don't know for the reasons you highlight. There have been two rounds of red ball matches since the 5th June and most of the best red ball batsmen weren't playing in those games anyway because they were either in the England Covid bubble or called up for the white ball international series as a result of the positive cases.

So, basically, there will have been virtually no red ball cricket for a period of 12 weeks during the height of the summer. And that is the ECB's fault because no one can stake a claim if they can't play!
    perhaps persuade Lord Cook from his Essex retirement palace, but just for home tests ? 
  • Too early to start with the HERO MOEEN comments? ;)
  • Gottim :/