Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Pujara being pure Boycottesque here 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
  • Maybe they should be more expansive and hand the initiative back to England , risk/reward and they’re keeping it tight to not lose the Test 
  • It's got a draw written all over it. Pitch has gone flat & now hard to get a wicket.....unless you are an England opener that is...😄.

I think India will bat through until at least lunch. Get a lead of 250+ and then have 50-odd overs at us. 
  • Lead of 148 
    6 down now 
    Come on England 
  • Bowl India out in the first hour, and England will be favourites to win
  • It's got a draw written all over it. Pitch has gone flat & now hard to get a wicket.....unless you are an England opener that is...😄.

I think India will bat through until at least lunch. Get a lead of 250+ and then have 50-odd overs at us. 
    That wore well........

However, they've gone off for bad light when the floodlights are on. 

Cricket is bonkers. Not the first time I've said that. The ICC or whoever need to decide if they want to play with "artificial" light or not. Dont have grounds install floodlights & then say it's too dangerous to play.....especially when the spinners are on. 

Will they make up the 8 overs lost, bearing in mind tomorrow is the last day and you HAVE to get in 90 overs in the day. Unless the umpires say it's too dark of course.

They should be saying now that play starts at 10.30 tomorrow. No ifs or buts.
  • Apparently it was almost Root's choice. He was effectively given the option of keeping the spinners on and staying on or saying he would take the new ball and going off. 
  • Bad light? 
  • Anyway, we’ve boked it again by buying 5th day tickets whilst sitting in our 4th day seats. Sorry. 
  • This is developing into a fantastic series. Expecting lots of twists and turns today...can see England winning by 2 wickets. 

Just don't want the sledging and posturing to boil over .kohli sets a poor example 
  • Sponsored links:

• Should be a great day's play, though the weather is a bit disappointing
  • Ok - so have India already got enough ?

What is the maximum people think we can chase down ?

I think psychologically 200 and above and we will struggle
    Less than that and I can see dashing the runs off for the loss of 4 wickets
  • MrOneLung said:
    Ok - so have India already got enough ?

220//230 I'd say.." first hour is crucial " ...which commentator will say it first? 
  • Should be a great day's play, though the weather is a bit disappointing
    We could do with plenty of sunshine, to make batting a bit easier
  • MrOneLung said:

I think 190 is most I would be happy chasing a lot as usual depends on Root, if he stays in, the others can bat around him
  • The sun is trying to come out but the forecast is currently cloud cloud cloud cloud cloud and then the sun peeks out behind the cloud at 7pm when we're chasing 10 runs and kohli starts begging the umpires to go off. 
  • Pant out, massive wicket for England
  • All nicely kicking off. Just the starter 'til the main course in the shape of Anderson comes on to bowl
  • get Moeen on imo
  • Don't understand these tactics. Far too many easy singles available
  • Sponsored links:

• I see we lost for ever the 8 over lost last night due to bad light.  Really feel they should have been made up today. Minimum 90 overs today they are saying...........that is until bad light intervenes around 6pm this evening when we need 10 runs off the last 3 overs !!
  • Don't understand these tactics. Far too many easy singles available
    Rubbish tactics and may already have cost us the match.
  • lolwray said:
    MrOneLung said:

220//230 I'd say.." first hour is crucial " ...which commentator will say it first? 
    Currently at around 3 runs per over needed. Should be easily possible but thats if the Indian innings ended now. I can see England having to chase 240 in 60............so 4 an over. Again easily done but with our top order I can see us being 30/3 after 10. 
  • At what point do we think India will declare?
  • Throwing it away here
  • We have to take into account the fact that Sibley's strike rate is 2 runs an over and I can't see that changing whatever we are chasing because it is so easy to limit his scoring options. 
  • When you see Bumrah plant the front foot to Curran and drive through the ball you just know that we are offering no threat whatsoever. Is Anderson injured?
  • These 2 are looking really comfortable out there. No excuse for England not to bat well when it's their turn
  • When you see Bumrah plant the front foot to Curran and drive through the ball you just know that we are offering no threat whatsoever. Is Anderson injured?
    At last!
  • Shocking tactics this morning, England bowled completely wrong to Shami and Bumrah, and now they're set and cruising