Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Sam Curran has been in the nets. Just as well there wasn't another couple of wickets, or else he would have had to run back!
  • Options
    Gutted for Hameed, really wanted him to do well.
  • Options
    ECB needs to have a good long look at what it wants, but please  no more limited over cricket!! 

I've got bad news for you. Harrison specifically made reference yesterday for the need for the T20 Blast to dovetail with the Hundred. He also would not deny, when asked, like other franchise competitions such as the IPL and Big Bash, that the Hundred would be expanded. 
  • Options
    ECB needs to have a good long look at what it wants, but please  no more limited over cricket!! 

I've got bad news for you. Harrison specifically made reference yesterday for the need for the T20 Blast to dovetail with the Hundred. He also would not deny, when asked, like other franchise competitions such as the IPL and Big Bash, that the Hundred would be expanded. 
    Oh well if that's what they want fair enough! Just don't expect us to be a force in Test match cricket!! It's all about the money!
  • Options

Oh well if that's what they want fair enough! Just don't expect us to be a force in Test match cricket!! It's all about the money!
    Yeah.  Just imagine how bad India would be if T20 cricket ever caught on there.
  • Options

Expanded to 120 balls and 18 counties hopefully...
  • Options
    A decent day at Lord's today. Low scoring, but a good contest. Great that masses of money was raised for the Ruth Strauss Foundation
  • Options
    A decent day at Lord's today. Low scoring, but a good contest. Great that masses of money was raised for the Ruth Strauss Foundation
    Great effort that and full credit to the Indian team for their participation.

I though I heard Michael Holding say on Thursday that the total needed to rise to at least 226k. Why that particular number I don#t know but he needn't have worried
  • Options
    In article on Hameeds golden duck it said that Sanath Jasasuriya once got a golden duck but was out for 1 run 

how did this happen as he was not run out 
  • Options
    Whilst I’m not a massive Bairstow fan in the test format, he has looked more solid this series.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    216-3 at lunch. Great effort by England, and Bairstow proving a few doubters wrong (and I'll admit to being one of them!)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    In article on Hameeds golden duck it said that Sanath Jasasuriya once got a golden duck but was out for 1 run 

On TMS they concluded it was a cockup by the scorer, as it should have been 1 run from 3 deliveries!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    MrOneLung said:

Sri Lanka v Pakistan, First Test, Columbo, August 1994.  Day 4, Sri Lanka, second innings, Jayasuriya c Rashid Latif b Wasim Akram 1 (1b 10m SR100.00).  

No idea how this could have happened though! 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    MrOneLung said:

Sri Lanka v Pakistan, First Test, Columbo, August 1994.  Day 4, Sri Lanka, second innings, Jayasuriya c Rashid Latif b Wasim Akram 1 (1b 10m SR100.00).  

Got a single off a no-ball?

• Options
    5th day tickets on Monday only cost £20 (£10 for under 16s), should be a full day's play
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    MrOneLung said:

Got a single off a no-ball?

That would (or, at least should) go down as a ball faced.  (No balls count towards the balls faced by a batsman, but wides don't). 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    MrOneLung said:

Does completing a run before getting caught whilst running the second leave you with 1?
  • Options
    341-6 Moeen out for a well made 27

England just 23 behind, a great chance for Curran to build an innings. Flat pitch, tired bowlers, plenty of time
  • Options
    Well done again Joe Root!
    And again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    MrOneLung said:

Does completing a run before getting caught whilst running the second leave you with 1?
    No.  No runs are scored when the batsman is out caught. 
  • Options
    England have a first innings lead!
  • Options
    Well done again Joe Root!
    And again.
    Get your kicks on Root 66! They're the only kicks you're likely to get watching this England team bat I'm afraid :-(

• Options
    A shame that Jimmy is bowled by the last ball of the day, so the Indian batsman will be able to get ready for 11am tomorrow

Root 180no, ridiculously good
  • Options
    A lead of 27
  • Options
    A draw looks on the cards, but it only takes 1 bad session for you to lose a Test match. Which side has a batting collapse in them
    ....?
  • Options
    Sharma and Rahul both out to Wood... These are huge wickets if the first innings is anything to go by
  • Options
    Play it again Sam
  • Options
    Looks like these 2 Indian batsmen have fallen asleep. A combined 23 runs in 137 balls. Pedestrian is not the word.
  • Options
    Looks like these 2 Indian batsmen have fallen asleep. A combined 23 runs in 137 balls. Pedestrian is not the word.
    Feels like a 5th day playing for a draw, rather than day 4 when England have to bat last.