Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Personally I'd give Parkinson a go. In the form of his life all season bowling really well. We are gonna want to take him to Aus no doubt so I would rather do that with a couple of tests under his belt.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    'Overton or Curran?' is a question that no team with an aspiration to win the Ashes should ever have to consider. 
  • Options
    I pretty much agree with this side although both Crawlrey and Lawrence will be back longer term. 
    I also think you're writing off the Anderson/Broad partnership in English conditions too early. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    'Overton or Curran?' is a question that no team with an aspiration to win the Ashes should ever have up consider. 
    Bresnan is a cricketer of similar qualities to Overton, and was a key cog in 2011, just bowling dry and not giving much away until the Aussies got out trying to hit him
  • Options
    Leach has been treated awfully by England in the last two home summers. Constantly called up into Test bubbles, but never picked.
  • Options
    redman said:
    I pretty much agree with this side although both Crawlrey and Lawrence will be back longer term. 
    I also think you're writing off the Anderson/Broad partnership in English conditions too early. 
    I was basing it off the fact that both of them are fitness doubts. I'm hoping one of them will make it but guessing its unlikely that both will be fit.
  • Options
    Jimmy is a doubt as well apparently, so potentially missing Anderson, Archer, Broad, Stokes & Woakes.
    That’s literally a world class attack that’s missing because of injury. Too much cricket being played.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    'Overton or Curran?' is a question that no team with an aspiration to win the Ashes should ever have up consider. 
    If the likes of Wood  Archer   Stokes Etc were fit we wouldn't have to concider other options. 
    But as things stand it is what it is as someone once said. 
  • Options
    Jimmy is a doubt as well apparently, so potentially missing Anderson, Archer, Broad, Stokes & Woakes.
    That’s literally a world class attack that’s missing because of injury. Too much cricket being played.
    Not in the case of Anderson and Broad as they don't play the white ball stuff. During the 100 they've both been in the commentary box!
  • Options
    Broad is out of the test.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ollie Robinson to lead the attack in his 3rd Test
  • Options
    Tbh I think the absence of broad and possibly Jimmy maybe a longterm blessing in disguise. I expect they will both be gone after the ashes. 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Tbh I think the absence of broad and possibly Jimmy maybe a longterm blessing in disguise. I expect they will both be gone after the ashes. 
    I don’t think broad will be gone after the ashe
  • Options
    Annnnnd out of the series 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58169608

"Things can change so quickly," Broad wrote on social media. "A moment before training all smiles then during the warm up, I jumped a hurdle, landed a bit awkwardly on my right ankle then the next step felt like I'd been whipped by a rope as hard as you can imagine on the back of my leg."

So if it's not football injuring our players, now they're getting injured training for the 110m hurdles
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    I don’t think broad will be gone after the ashe
    I ll have a polite 50p cyber bet with you 😊
  • Options
    From Wisden:

The last time England won a Test match with neither of Stuart Broad or James Anderson in the XI was in June 2007 - six months before Broad's Test debut.

• Options

"Things can change so quickly," Broad wrote on social media. "A moment before training all smiles then during the warm up, I jumped a hurdle, landed a bit awkwardly on my right ankle then the next step felt like I'd been whipped by a rope as hard as you can imagine on the back of my leg."

So if it's not football injuring our players, now they're getting injured training for the 110m hurdles
    Quite. What on earth are they doing jumping hurdles?
  • Options

Probably a small hurdle, just to get them to pick up their knees. Nothing to really “jump” over
  • Options

They thought it’d be easier than jumping through hoops to please the Mrs 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leach has been treated awfully by England in the last two home summers. Constantly called up into Test bubbles, but never picked.
    Leach suffers from Crohn's disease and I seem to recall this may have been troubling him when he last played for England. I think chronic conditions like Crohn's can be exacerbated by stress, so this could be a factor, which they may not wish to broadcast.
  • Options
    series
  • Options
    Leach suffers from Crohn's disease and I seem to recall this may have been troubling him when he last played for England. I think chronic conditions like Crohn's can be exacerbated by stress, so this could be a factor, which they may not wish to broadcast.
    What I meant was that they keep calling him up and not picking him. Last summer Dom Bess played instead of him, now after Leach and Bess were called up for the first 2 Tests, he faces being overtaken by someone not even in the squad!

He's getting all the issues of being stuck in bubble, without actually playing. Bad for him personally, and rubbish for his game too
  • Options
    We need more variation in the bowling attack. Its clear they arent backing Leach though God knows why..... I would pick him but I'm happy with Moeen coming back. Robinson looks a find so I would keep him. In the absence of Stokes/Woakes I'd probably leave Curran there. One of Mahmood or Wood need to play as a genuine pace option and one of Broad/Anderson depending on fitness.

Hameed has to come in for Crawley. No idea on who bats 3. Either Leave Sibley to open and bat Hameed/Burns at 3 (which I think they will do) alternatively one of Lawrence/Bairstow or Pope will have to bat 3 which you all know I'm not a fan of but it can be done as a short term solution.

Burns
    Sibley
    Hameed
    Root
    Pope
    Buttler
    Moeen
    Curran
    Robinson
    Wood/Mahmood
    Anderson/Broad
    Burns
    Sibley
    Hameed
    Root
    Pope
    Buttler
    Moeen
    Curran
    Overton
    Robinson
    Wood/Mahmood

Given Broad is out of the series and its sounding like Anderson wont be risked for this match.
  • Options
    We need more variation in the bowling attack. Its clear they arent backing Leach though God knows why..... I would pick him but I'm happy with Moeen coming back. Robinson looks a find so I would keep him. In the absence of Stokes/Woakes I'd probably leave Curran there. One of Mahmood or Wood need to play as a genuine pace option and one of Broad/Anderson depending on fitness.

Hameed has to come in for Crawley. No idea on who bats 3. Either Leave Sibley to open and bat Hameed/Burns at 3 (which I think they will do) alternatively one of Lawrence/Bairstow or Pope will have to bat 3 which you all know I'm not a fan of but it can be done as a short term solution.

Burns
    Sibley
    Hameed
    Root
    Pope
    Buttler
    Moeen
    Curran
    Robinson
    Wood/Mahmood
    Anderson/Broad
    Burns
    Sibley
    Hameed
    Root
    Pope
    Buttler
    Moeen
    Curran
    Overton
    Robinson
    Wood/Mahmood

Given Broad is out of the series and its sounding like Anderson wont be risked for this match.
    I would be surprised if bairstow is left out. Not based on form, based on previous experience 
  • Options
    Exactly this. With crohns you can be near hospitalisation levels of ill one day and “fine” the next. Extremely debilitating and shows what kind of mental toughness leach possesses to get to the level of the game he has done.
  • Options
    Pope released from the squad
  • Options

Burns
    Sibley
    Hameed
    Root
    Pope
    Buttler
    Moeen
    Curran
    Robinson
    Wood/Mahmood
    Anderson/Broad
    Burns
    Sibley
    Hameed
    Root
    Pope
    Buttler
    Moeen
    Curran
    Overton
    Robinson
    Wood/Mahmood

Pretty strong looking batting line up that to be fair 
  • Options
    England win toss and bowl

Haseeb, Moeen and Wood in for Crawley, Lawrence and Broad
  • Options
    I'd have Curran at 7 and give Moeen a pure hitting brief at 8