Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Nah, Bairstow looked pretty secure in this game and definitely stays in. Lawrence looking promising...oh wait
  • Options
    Very naive from Lawrence..he was set up perfectly but he should have been aware of it .A very good example of how white ball cricket strips a player of the nous to succeed at test level..Lawrence has promise but I hope he learns from it 
  • Options
    Bairstow always looks good, until he makes a stupid shot. That’s his game and why he’s so successful in white ball cricket. 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Maybe I am being a little too fussy but that's two wickets and two send offs from India this session 
    .poor 

Bairstow must be wanting to kick every cat from kingdom come at the moment. Great shame he was batting well. 

Root batting well..needs to score 150

The send offs have become an extremely disappointing part of the game at all levels. Imagine if every time a batsman hit a boundary he pointed his bat at the bowler in celebration- there would be a full scale riot! But I see no reason for stopping that from happening if we are going to accept what some bowlers get up to.
  • Options
    Interesting stat, Dom sibley is our second highest run scorer this year. 
  • Options
    we need a lot more from the middle order than brief aggressive cameos (I know I am stating the bleedin obvious)
  • Options
    Despite some criticisms above ..this is the first day for a while I have sat in front of the screen and watched every ball of the day ( I ll record the game) ..nothing like test cricket..its been a good game thusfar 
  • Options
    Interesting stat, Dom sibley is our second highest run scorer this year. 
    Could alternatively be framed as "Dom Sibley is the only bloke apart from Root who hasn't missed a few games", I think?
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Despite some criticisms above ..this is the first day for a while I have sat in front of the screen and watched every ball of the day ( I ll record the game) ..nothing like test cricket..its been a good game thusfar 
    Update..not enjoying as much now ..what was Buttler thinking? 
  • Options
    Need another 80 runs to give us something decent to bowl at 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roooooooooooooooot 100!
  • Options
    Well done again Joe Root!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Good to see Trent Rocket's Joe Root getting a ton on his home ground. 

(Admit I nicked that from elsewhere but made me laugh)
  • Options
    Curran looking as good as anyone & better than most
  • Options
    Curran looking as good as anyone & better than most
    Stick him at number 6 and bring in another bowler, e.g. Leach
  • Options
    India 33-0

Target 209.
  • Options
    Just bought tickets for tomorrow…. 
  • Options
    For TrentBridge Susie? Have you moved or are you just prepared to travel?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    For TrentBridge Susie? Have you moved or are you just prepared to travel?
    I was here yesterday and here right now. Just bought tickets between overs whilst in the stand. 
    Will just travel home later!
  • Options
    Give my regards to YJB then. I still have such fond memories of his father. And if you happen run into a Michael Holding pass my respects on to Mr. Whispering Death too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:
    Maybe I am being a little too fussy but that's two wickets and two send offs from India this session 
    .poor 

Bairstow must be wanting to kick every cat from kingdom come at the moment. Great shame he was batting well. 

Root batting well..needs to score 150

The send offs have become an extremely disappointing part of the game at all levels. Imagine if every time a batsman hit a boundary he pointed his bat at the bowler in celebration- there would be a full scale riot! But I see no reason for stopping that from happening if we are going to accept what some bowlers get up to.
    Siraj is a bit of a knob really. I REALLY hope that he's the last man out in an Indian defeat, so that the opposition can rub it in with him
  • Options
    Weather looks very iffy for Sunday. Showers on & off all day. I think it's going to be a draw.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Weather looks very iffy for Sunday. Showers on & off all day. I think it's going to be a draw.
    True, although the weather predicted has been terrible every day, I’ve got 3 apps and check them hourly, and we’ve got so much more play than expected. Yesterday was meant to be biblical from 11-4. I’m so sunburnt. 

• Options
    True, although the weather predicted has been terrible every day, I’ve got 3 apps and check them hourly, and we’ve got so much more play than expected. Yesterday was meant to be biblical from 11-4. I’m so sunburnt. 

This is pretty biblical:

Psalm 32:4
    …My vitality was drained away as with the fever heat of summer.

😎
  • Options
    Give my regards to YJB then. I still have such fond memories of his father. And if you happen run into a Michael Holding pass my respects on to Mr. Whispering Death too

• Options
    I really like Bumrah. He's a quality bowler and person too. Competitive but happy to let his skills to do the talking.
  • Options

Brilliant! Thanks Susie
  • Options
    Abandoned and India England get a lucky draw

Root's innings saved England, if he had got out earlier India might have had time to knock off the runs yesterday
  • Options
    Bit of a get out of jail that. Now drop sibley, play hameed and hopefully pope will be fit for the remaining tests to replace Lawrence. 
  • Options
    I was there yesterday. Superb day out, and Root's innings was a masterclass. All the batsmen did well I thought except Buttler and Crawley. Got a wave from YJB before play as well after chanting his name! Shame about our bowling at the end of the day though. Would like to see Crawley dropped for hameed and Pope brought in. Lawrence I thought played well.